Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-12-2015, 03:10 PM

Default boards.ie just keeps on giving

lol

Quote:
Hi,
Dont know if this is the right forum but I could really use some help. Im 19 and just had work xmas party. I work for a small retail place and we did secret santa (about 14 of us altogether). The theme was to be funny and needless to say as the workplace chatterbox and the youngest there I was expecting a funny present! I put effort into my secret santas present to make it humerous but useful. Anyway, here's the problem.

My boss ended up getting me. He has a rep for being a bit of a sl*eze but being the youngest I didnt think it'd be anything too bad-maybe a tape recorder or something! He insisted on being first to give his present. I opened it and saw a lovely pair of pj's-how thoughtful! He insisted that I hold them up and thats when I knew there was something fishy. Anyway, a red and very seductive lingerie set fell out of them. Yes, my boss bought me lingerie. I tried to laugh it off all the while in my head thinking how inappropriate it was..he made me hold them up for a pic and everyone around us was laughing but again, i laughed it off. I later learned that he had rang one of the others when he was in shopping to ask her what size she reckoned I was cause he wanted to get the perfect ones and thats all i keep thinking in my head now- he rang another member of staff to talk about my size so he could buy me launderie!!!

Ever since the party I have felt so uncomfortable in his presence and I have only told my friend but swore her to secrecy because I hate the thought of people even hearing about it. Im thinking about handing in my notice. Im not a prude or anything but i just think it was so innapropriate- noone else gave a present like that. Am I overreacting?
one reply
Quote:
I've seen this happen multiple times in organisations with young workforces tbh.
No action taken, one particularly attractive lady I worked with got a lacy set of red nipple less underwear one year
Have you got a HR dept?
Old 22-12-2015, 03:13 PM

How come she spelled lingerie correctly but then spelled it completely incorrectly afterward?

Also, what is this thread about?
Old 22-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Senior PROC Member

It was inappropriate.
Old 22-12-2015, 03:17 PM

Where is she, she needs the ride.
Old 22-12-2015, 03:20 PM

Where, exactly, does the poster claim to be a woman?
Old 22-12-2015, 03:23 PM

pics?
Old 22-12-2015, 03:25 PM

I lost interest when she said she put effort in to her secret Santas.
Old 22-12-2015, 03:26 PM

I'd be a bit weirded out if my boss bought me seductive red lingerie. He's married with kids and all, so it'd definitely be a bit of an unusual one, the whole place assumes he's straight.
Old 22-12-2015, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans aus dtschl View Post
I'd be a bit weirded out if my boss bought me seductive red lingerie. He's married with kids and all, so it'd definitely be a bit of an unusual one, the whole place assumes he's straight.
I think the formal name for that in the business world is "new career opportunity".
Old 22-12-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
being the youngest I didnt think it'd be anything too bad-maybe a tape recorder or something
How long ago did this happen?