Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Senior PROC Member

Corkwoman Mary Elmes fed over 80,000 starving French schoolchildren during WWII

Quote:
Corkwoman Mary Elmes was awarded Israel’s highest honour for saving countless Jewish children from deportation to Nazi concentration camps during WWII. Less well known is her work helping to feed over 80,000 French schoolchildren who faced near-famine conditions. In an area of southwest France the size of Munster, all of the children knew her name...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoi...ii-460901.html
Old 17-10-2017, 01:38 PM
Senior PROC Member

Love their "fuck you" attitude.

2000 years plus of bring kicked around will do that to a people.
Old 17-10-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
Corkwoman Mary Elmes fed over 80,000 starving French schoolchildren during WWII

http://www.irishexaminer.com/viewpoi...ii-460901.html
I was starving myself after reading that article, missed my entire mid-afternoon break time.
Old 17-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by playwide View Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

"as early as 1976, the CIA believed that Israel possessed 10 to 20 nuclear weapons.By 2002 it was estimated that the number had increased to between 75 and 200 thermonuclear weapons, each in the multiple-megaton range.Kenneth S. Brower has estimated as many as 400 nuclear weapons.These can be launched from land, sea and air.This gives Israel a second strike option even if much of the country is destroyed."

Never fuck with the Jew.
Never.
You do know that there's a difference between Jews and Israelis don't you? So much so that many Hasidic Jews campaign against the state of Israel claiming it to be an abomination in the eyes of god and want to see the state of Israel dismantled

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5gqgdk/rebel-rabbis
Old 17-10-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
You do know that there's a difference between Jews and Israelis don't you? So much so that many Hasidic Jews campaign against the state of Israel claiming it to be an abomination in the eyes of god and want to see the state of Israel dismantled

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5gqgdk/rebel-rabbis
Less then a 100 active members and about 5000 in total in a Jewish population of 14.5 million.
Old 18-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
Less then a 100 active members and about 5000 in total in a Jewish population of 14.5 million.
There's only 5000 Hassidic Jews in the World????? I think I must have encountered the vast majority of them if that's the case.
Old 18-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
There's only 5000 Hassidic Jews in the World????? I think I must have encountered the vast majority of them if that's the case.
You said many Hassidic Jews, when in fact the article referred to a small group of them called Neturei Karta who have 5000 members in total.

Since we are talking about small groupings- how about the Golan Heights ethnic Syrians who are happy to remain part of Israel. Why do you think they are?
Old 18-10-2017, 09:57 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Creed View Post
You said many Hassidic Jews, when in fact the article referred to a small group of them called Neturei Karta who have 5000 members in total.

Since we are talking about small groupings- how about the Golan Heights ethnic Syrians who are happy to remain part of Israel. Why do you think they are?
No idea to be honest. Is it to do with sept/sect/tribe/history/economic politics? Or do they feel it's better to be with the biggest guy around rather than against him?

I just thought it might help to enlighten people that they shouldn't conflate Zionism with Judaeism.
Old 18-10-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
No idea to be honest. Is it to do with sept/sect/tribe/history/economic politics? Or do they feel it's better to be with the biggest guy around rather than against him?

I just thought it might help to enlighten people that they shouldn't conflate Zionism with Judaeism.
I'll help you out buddy.

It's because life is better under the control of Israel.
Old 18-10-2017, 10:47 AM

A grand bunch of lads.