Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 29-09-2017, 09:25 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
In fairness to Fitzgerald, I don't think he was quite saying that, his point seemed to be there are degrees of cheating which I'm sure everyone would agree with(Kimmage admitted as much but still persisted with his cheating is cheating) but under Kimmages logic every team that has ever played, be it football, hurling, rugby etc are cheats because I doubt any team has gone through the entirety of a game without committing a foul.
I thought the exact same.I'd call it 'getting an edge' in a game.Whether its pushing your man off the ball,closing the line out before the ball is thrown in,moving the sliotar in a bit more to gain an advantage.Jaysus its cheating but to what degree.What Kimmage did was pre planned taking drugs to win or be better at something that we all train hard for.I think hes making things very difficult for himself as a reporter and is drawing the wrong attention on himself.
Old 29-09-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSensible View Post
In fairness to Fitzgerald, I don't think he was quite saying that, his point seemed to be there are degrees of cheating which I'm sure everyone would agree with(Kimmage admitted as much but still persisted with his cheating is cheating) but under Kimmages logic every team that has ever played, be it football, hurling, rugby etc are cheats because I doubt any team has gone through the entirety of a game without committing a foul.
He explicitly stated that it wasn't cheating.

PK told him it was, and acknowledged that there are degrees of cheating.

As I said, it was a stupid argument where emotions got the better of two of them.
Old 29-09-2017, 09:49 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
He explicitly stated that it wasn't cheating.

PK told him it was, and acknowledged that there are degrees of cheating.

As I said, it was a stupid argument where emotions got the better of two of them.
He did say it wasn't cheating.
Old 29-09-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I'd say we must have been listening to different podcasts.I watched it and i thought LF almost had him crying as he questioned him on his anger issues and kept calling him a bully.PK put his hand out and apologised.....looki ng at what i saw,LF held his own.
You're 100% spot on. Kimmage was squirming in his seat.

Anybody that watches that and thinks Kimmage came out of it the better man is letting their bias skew their judgement.
I say that with an impartiality through hating each and everyone in this sorry tale.
Fitzgerald is a smug twat but Kimmage is a bully, and an angry one at that. Writing a whole spread in the indo in order to throw shade at Gavin(smug twat also) because he wasn't cartwheeling into the press room is the actions of a bitter man.
Old 29-09-2017, 12:24 PM

Kimmage is a very necessary and sometimes brilliant journalist but at times it's starting to feel a bit contrived. It's like he has all this nervous energy about doping and either nothing to go after or something potentially big but nobody who will let him print what he has so he's going over the top on small things.

He has some class of a point on Jim Gavin being someone you'd struggle to rejoice in but big fuckin' deal. Gavin has four Sams to wave in his face. The old Kimmage would have properly tried to get under his skin and draw him out because somewhere in Jim Gavin is a brilliant story. What he wrote was hamfisted.

Luke Fitzgerald seems like a simpleton in fairness. Watching the boys arguing and Fitzgerald breaking even at worst, while remembering Kimmage taking down Lance was like seeing Tyson losing to bums at the end of his career.
Old 29-09-2017, 12:39 PM

The worst thing that has happened Kimmage is Matt Cooper giving him a half hour soap box every Monday. He now has to have something to be outraged about on a weekly basis.
Old 29-09-2017, 12:48 PM
PROC Member

All this contrived "opinionated" stuff about Gavin is just to get people you clicking on links to Newstalk and the Indo.

There's no more to it than that.
Old 29-09-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
The worst thing that has happened Kimmage is Matt Cooper giving him a half hour soap box every Monday. He now has to have something to be outraged about on a weekly basis.
Correctamundo.