Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-10-2018, 12:16 AM

I see the thread has got to the third page and nobody has posted the photo of odd-JOB giving two fingers to the camera.

If that was a FF or FG TD there'd be a report comissioned, a tribunal, and maybe even an auld disgraced resignation.

But when a Sinn Fein TD is pictured wearing shorts in October and giving the fingers to the camera, nobody bats an eyelid, because you expect this kind of thing from SF.
Old 13-10-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
TBF, all parties allow sitting TD a run no matter how poor he/she has been or how much better an alternative candidate would be.
FG even left Dara Murphy have another run even though a head of cabbage would have been a better candidate!

JOB poor enough - has a safe SF seat so doesn't need to worry too much.
Woeful in comparison to his party colleague in South Central.
Obviously SF don't think it is safe enough to run two candidates like last time. Their polling numbers must make interesting reading
Old 13-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muintir View Post
you see the secret to obtaining & retaining any seat is the quality of your councillors on the ground. Because the nature of a tds work particularly a sf td is spending every dail sitting week in dublin. So you are invisible to constituents & that is a death kiss to your reelection hope. Therefore both cork tds have excellent representatives working 24/7 to ensure they retain their seats. When you hear of ''bullying'' being bandied about its directly stems from the claimant who sits on their hole & does fuck all to advance the party.
i spoke to a fella recently who has been with sf over 30 years,
he said he was at a few meetings recently where some of the new breed of sf member were very condescending towards him, he referred to them as truceillers, have you seen any sign of this
among new members?
Old 13-10-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
i spoke to a fella recently who has been with sf over 30 years,
he said he was at a few meetings recently where some of the new breed of sf member were very condescending towards him, he referred to them as truceillers, have you seen any sign of this
among new members?
You expect that question to be answered?
Old 13-10-2018, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muintir View Post
You know shit my friend!
As Nial Prendegast would say “ you betcha baby”
Old Today, 01:29 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirts and kidneys View Post
Era the dogs on the street know that Tommy was told he couldn’t run. A shame really because he is a sound bloke involved in local politics whereas JOB is a cunt who thinks he’s some sort of fla bag. A useless bollocks who’s done fuckall for his community.
I won't disagree with your colourful description of either but, at least publicly, TG who polled superbly well last time out for a first timer said he had the option but just didn't think that the time was right either personally or for the party. Personally I'd opt for TG every time, and suggested to people who asked me which of the two to vote for that they'd vote for TG as well.

JOB giving the two fingers does himself or the party absolutely no favours whatsoever.
Old Today, 01:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorz View Post
I see the thread has got to the third page and nobody has posted the photo of odd-JOB giving two fingers to the camera.

If that was a FF or FG TD there'd be a report comissioned, a tribunal, and maybe even an auld disgraced resignation.

But when a Sinn Fein TD is pictured wearing shorts in October and giving the fingers to the camera, nobody bats an eyelid, because you expect this kind of thing from SF.
WTF is wrong with shorts in October? Are you saying TDs should at all times, even when following their local team, must be subject to a dress code?

As for the two fingers I think it was deplorable action by any TD. He's left both himself and the party down. But spare us the melodramatics. I seem to recall other TDs acting in deplorable fashion without any "report commissioned" or "a tribunal" and as for "an auld disgraced resignation" one can only conclude you haven't the first clue about Irish politics and the carry on of FF and FG TDs over the years. When was the last time one of them resigned in disgrace? You're probably the guy who checked up every tree in north county Dublin
Old Today, 01:35 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirts and kidneys View Post
As Nial Prendegast would say “ you betcha baby”
Has that plane pervert changed his name by deed poll or summat?