tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Leccy Piccy 19 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 13-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Senior PROC Member

Default Leccy Piccy 19

Hozier, The Strokes, Florence and the Machine, and The 1975 have been announced as the headliners of this year’s Electric Picnic festival.

Thank God I didnt buy tickets.

Last edited by Beamish; 13-03-2019 at 12:21 PM..
Old 13-03-2019, 02:18 PM
Banned

some good act for the Hipsters.

Kero Kero Bonito, spose we will never see them in Cork, Great show in Dublin Last year
Old 13-03-2019, 04:55 PM

No reason for them to try too hard when the thing keeps selling out way in advance of the acts being announced. Big festivals in Ireland are awful. They're for event junkies and people that think they have good taste because they listen to Today FM. The first few years of it had some great line-ups.
Old 18-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Senior PROC Member

Dreadfully bland lineup.
Old 18-03-2019, 09:35 PM
PROC Member

People who call it Leccy Piccy are worse than the cunts who buy tickets for this before they announce the acts.
Old 19-03-2019, 03:26 PM
Senior PROC Member

That was the idea
Old 09-04-2019, 04:51 PM

terrible line up..so bland and boring imo...how come almost all european festivals can put on a vastly diverse set of bands over a weekend and electric picnic cant. european festivals truly cater for all genres

im into a bit of rock/metal myself but also indie and when you look at festivals across europe this summer with the likes of The Cure/Eddie Vedder/Tool/Smashing pumpkins/Weezer/ bring me the horizon/alice in chains/behemoth etc surely electric picnic could cater for a bit of that sort of stuff
Old 09-04-2019, 07:04 PM

I understand there are a few more announcements to come, going this year, but lineup is not reallly relevant to me, i just like the whole experience, but granted, as a stand alone lineup, its dodge alright.

Also, havent much interest in main stage area(apart from The Strokes maybe), as have always had better experience in the smaller tents, which often have newer acts, and stuff i have not heard of.

A huge loss this year is the Other Voices tent which is not there this year

I go for the non music events as well, Mindfield, in particular. Always find interesting stuff in there, tend to spend afternoons on there.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:07 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling At Your Feet View Post
I understand there are a few more announcements to come, going this year, but lineup is not reallly relevant to me, i just like the whole experience, but granted, as a stand alone lineup, its dodge alright.

Also, havent much interest in main stage area(apart from The Strokes maybe), as have always had better experience in the smaller tents, which often have newer acts, and stuff i have not heard of.

A huge loss this year is the Other Voices tent which is not there this year

I go for the non music events as well, Mindfield, in particular. Always find interesting stuff in there, tend to spend afternoons on there.
Think Il do Primavera next year.

Would never do an Irish festival again, overpriced and crap lineups.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:09 PM

Prima is on my radar also