tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The pana ban - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 17-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
no to high-rise and urban sprawl
Exactly.

They will be out in September next complaining about the lack of student accommodation and helping Mrs.Murphy in her semi-detached house object to student apartment blocks completely oblivious to the actual need in freeing up houses so students can live in purpose built suitable student accommodation.

"Destroying communities" is another one they come out with.

Re-invigourating old areas with new families is never mentioned just the negatives.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 17-04-2018, 09:28 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Exactly.

They will be out in September next complaining about the lack of student accommodation and helping Mrs.Murphy in her semi-detached house object to student apartment blocks completely oblivious to the actual need in freeing up houses so students can live in purpose built suitable student accommodation.

"Destroying communities" is another one they come out with.

Re-invigourating old areas with new families is never mentioned just the negatives.
What do we want? plenty of houses, (except in areas where there is opposition to building where we dont want to lose votes)
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 17-04-2018, 09:31 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 19,684
Default

Neil read an email from somebody complaining about the amount of free parking
spaces city council staff have in city car parks, havent we got a poster here who raises that point regularly?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 17-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Tictac Tictac is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 17,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Neil read an email from somebody complaining about the amount of free parking
spaces city council staff have in city car parks, havent we got a poster here who raises that point regularly?
Entire top floor of north main street car park is reserved for them.

Entire top floor of city hall carpart id reserved for them.

Many spaces at north cathedral reserved for them.

Any more?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 17-04-2018, 09:38 AM
richiepurg richiepurg is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,549
Default

Owner of Bodhrán on Prendeville now. Says they get a lot of "drop offs" from the northside each day from 2pm to 7pm. The dirty skite. Boycott immediately !
__________________
Come in till I bate ya.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 17-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
Entire top floor of north main street car park is reserved for them.

Entire top floor of city hall carpart id reserved for them.

Many spaces at north cathedral reserved for them.

Any more?
the allocation of parking to workers in the PS is ridiculous because of the sense of entitlement. The unions have the PS fucked, so they have no choice but to provide massive amounts of spaces at huge cost in most instances, I see it regularly

Working on a project for 40 staff at the moment where they are moving about 1km and they're getting 13 car parking spaces under the lease, its going to cause a revolt. I was at the meeting where it was explained to them that there are regular busses and the dart within throwing distance, people can cycle and there are facilities for that, or car pool... the faces on the lot of them were priceless as the next stage will be to allocate the spaces internally by rank rather than who actually needs or uses them which will result in empty spaces and people who actually need them with none
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 17-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,328
Default

City Hall staff provided with 285 city centre parking spaces
Ellie O'Byrne
CORK City Council staff have access to 285 city centre parking spaces, at a potential cost to the city of more than €313,500 per year, it has emerged.
As business owners continue to rail against new traffic restrictions on Patrick Street, a prominent trader has called on City Hall to lead by example. Traders are also angry at the potential loss of 115 parking spaces during the redevelopment of Morrison’s Island.
City Hall staff have access to 285 free parking spaces at five city centre car parks, including Union Quay and North Main Street, according to figures released to the Evening Echo. A further 30 spaces are available to council staff at Black Ash Park & Ride.
At the Q-Park facility at Eglantine Street, Cork City Council leases 40 spaces from the private operator, at €1,100 per space, a total spend of €44,000 per year excluding VAT.
Cork City Council owns the remainder of the 245 spaces in city parking facilities. The spaces are valued at between €1,100 and €1,500 when leased to the public, meaning they could generate over €269,500 per year, ex VAT, if leased.

Cork City Council staff also use 30 spaces at Black Ash Park & Ride. Pic: Larry Cummins
Meanwhile, the 940-space Black Ash Park & Ride at the Kinsale Road, where Cork City Council staff currently use just 30 spaces, is losing approximately €250,000 per year, with just a third of spaces in use.


1.Free up the subsidised costly City Council used spaces for the rest of us.

2.Provide all PS free parking at the underused Park & Ride

3.Balance the books.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 17-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
City Hall staff provided with 285 city centre parking spaces
Ellie O'Byrne
CORK City Council staff have access to 285 city centre parking spaces, at a potential cost to the city of more than €313,500 per year, it has emerged.
As business owners continue to rail against new traffic restrictions on Patrick Street, a prominent trader has called on City Hall to lead by example. Traders are also angry at the potential loss of 115 parking spaces during the redevelopment of Morrison’s Island.
City Hall staff have access to 285 free parking spaces at five city centre car parks, including Union Quay and North Main Street, according to figures released to the Evening Echo. A further 30 spaces are available to council staff at Black Ash Park & Ride.
At the Q-Park facility at Eglantine Street, Cork City Council leases 40 spaces from the private operator, at €1,100 per space, a total spend of €44,000 per year excluding VAT.
Cork City Council owns the remainder of the 245 spaces in city parking facilities. The spaces are valued at between €1,100 and €1,500 when leased to the public, meaning they could generate over €269,500 per year, ex VAT, if leased.

Cork City Council staff also use 30 spaces at Black Ash Park & Ride. Pic: Larry Cummins
Meanwhile, the 940-space Black Ash Park & Ride at the Kinsale Road, where Cork City Council staff currently use just 30 spaces, is losing approximately €250,000 per year, with just a third of spaces in use.


1.Free up the subsidised costly City Council used spaces for the rest of us.

2.Provide all PS free parking at the underused Park & Ride

3.Balance the books.
lol.. logical thinking, hasn't a hope

ever been to a meeting and table a proposal on something like this? The response would be:

I'd just like that thank Mr. Stacky for his detailed proposals, we appreciate the hard work put into the proposal and agree that it meets the requirements of our future planning framework. However, we have asked a task group to review the proposals on behalf of the organisation and they have highlighted robust HR issues will be raised in relation to the same proposals. Coupled with legacy issues the council must also consider, the proposal is unlikely to succeed.

The meeting would then descend into 5 or 6 different groupings all speaking at once and shaking their heads with a common theme of being entitled to park at their desks.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 17-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
lol.. logical thinking, hasn't a hope

ever been to a meeting and table a proposal on something like this? The response would be:

I'd just like that thank Mr. Stacky for his detailed proposals, we appreciate the hard work put into the proposal and agree that it meets the requirements of our future planning framework. However, we have asked a task group to review the proposals on behalf of the organisation and they have highlighted robust HR issues will be raised in relation to the same proposals. Coupled with legacy issues the council must also consider, the proposal is unlikely to succeed.

The meeting would then descend into 5 or 6 different groupings all speaking at once and shaking their heads with a common theme of being entitled to park at their desks.
Form a committee exploring all the issues and discuss with all the stake holders, issue and circulate a report, go on holidays, report shelved in storage along with all the other reports and ask the Government for more central funding while charging rates to businesses suffering from lack of customers due to lack of parking spaces or adequate transport alternatives.

Phone the city or county hall to talk to someone about it, no answer as they are all at tea/lunch break/holidays.

Head to Mahon Point for free parking and shopping excursion instead.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 17-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,328
Default

"Open" new giant city park at the former Kinsale Road landfill (opposite the Black Ash Park & Ride), provide some parking, no landscaping or trees. No one can hardly use it due to access issues or insurance.

Head down the Marina and start to develop an new park next to the revamped €80+ million Pairc Ui Chaoimh instead which will grind to a halt shortly.

Make a complete mess of the Event Centre by getting planning permission for a centre without running it by the operators who want a multi-purpose flexible arena. Budget increases after re-design and 2+ years later we are promised an autumn start.

Start new docklands local area plan 20+ years after doing absolutely nothing after the last area plan was issued.

Put it with all the other plans on the shelf.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Hot Guitars

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼






tester
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.