tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Irish Language Movement Contributing To Youth Suicide? - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
Hold on a second brah.

The worst bullies in the mon were the pricks in the AG section.
Their parents snobbishness and insecurities manifested itself in a fair bit of social and personality issues in the AG boys which caused them to bully the english speaking boys.
If anything it was the other way around, the lads in the AG got it thick in the neck from the main school. The toilet block served both the AG and the Technical school, it was not an exclusive toilet, everybody used it.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarboxBob View Post
If anything it was the other way around, the lads in the AG got it thick in the neck from the main school. The toilet block served both the AG and the Technical school, it was not an exclusive toilet, everybody used it.
I disagree. Myself and several cousins went trough the mon from the 1980s to thr early 90s. The AG had a very high proportion of cunts. I never saw an AG boy bullied except by his own kind.
The AG boys regularliy bullied younger boys including myself.

Id say they were that way from their overbearing oul lades insecurities.

I never once used those toilets. On a hot day you could smell them all over the school.

I knew a few ok AG bots outside of school but a lot of them got an awlful land when they arrived out in the real world at the 18 to find that they were not "gods soecial boys" and just plain norries like the rest of us.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:44 PM
PROC Member

Passed through there earlier than that, and it was the complete opposite, the academic classes out numbered the AG by 3 or 4 to one and you were let know it. I don't think I ever met anybody in the AG thought they were "gods special boys".
Old 06-12-2016, 08:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Passed through there earlier than that, and it was the complete opposite, the academic classes out numbered the AG by 3 or 4 to one and you were let know it. I don't think I ever met anybody in the AG thought they were "gods special boys".
Dont get me wrong. There was a degree of brainwashing went on in the AG with the teachers impressing on the boys that they were "elite" and "special".

The mon was terrible for this. Even hurlers and footballers in the normal school were told not to focus on their studies but if they played well and got medals then they would get jobs in banks.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:24 AM
PROC Member

Met a few brothers who tried to convince lads that they were "god's special boy's" but that's another story.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Met a few brothers who tried to convince lads that they were "god's special boy's" but that's another story.
Br Bryan. The dirty peado.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:35 PM

In any education system that actively allows discrimination against children on either the basis of religion or family background i.e. compulsory Irish for Leaving Cert, you are going to have perverts using this to their advantage. This is what happened in Ireland.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
PROC Member

What has Compulsory Irish got to do with kiddy fiddlers.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:29 PM
PROC Member

All relating to one Irish speaker, the fact that there was Irish taught in schools where kids were interfered with is incidental, the fiddlers were there because of the access to children.
I don't think the catholic church had compulsory Irish,Swim Ireland didn't have compulsory Irish, the catholic boy scouts did not have compulsory Irish, the BBC did not have compulsory Irish and I'm sure the English FA didn't either.