Buveur dAir
Benie Des dieux NAP
Highway one o one Ew
Discorama Ew
Go conquer is out in the ultima. Will replace him with coo star sivola
Old 09-03-2019, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan ball View Post
Would be thinking along the same lines as these selections, although i just can't see beuver giving away 7lbs to apples in her current form so i'd be on her side.
I think it's close between the two of them. My reason for buveur is that Im not totally convinced apples jade is suited to Cheltenham. However there is nothing in it. Mullins will try his best to win this too. He'd hate seeing apples jade win
Old 09-03-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinslad View Post
I think it's close between the two of them. My reason for buveur is that Im not totally convinced apples jade is suited to Cheltenham. However there is nothing in it. Mullins will try his best to win this too. He'd hate seeing apples jade win
Sharjah the dark horse here.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
Daz racist maaaan. Is he not bay like most racehorses?
Old 09-03-2019, 11:07 PM

Looking to make some big bucks this Cheltenham festival. My Wife left me last month, took the kids and the house. I'm living out of my car since February. Hopefully a good week will allow me to afford a one bedroom apartment in Ballincollig.
Old 10-03-2019, 12:43 AM

Its almost here lads, can't wait.

As I say every year, if ye have online accounts keep an eye out for the specials.

Skybet have tweaked their first race every day special. Usually its money back as free bet up to €20 if your horse is beaten in the first race every day, this year they are giving the refund as hard cash back into your account!!!

Also on Day 1, Paddy Power are giving money back as a free bet up to €10 on any horse that finishes 2nd,3rd or 4th in ALL races on Day 1.

Usually Bet365 give a free bet on the next race , up to €10 on races shown on ITVRacing if the SP is 4/1 or more (Not sure if it applies for the festival though).So if you have a 4/1 or bigger winner not only do you win cash money but get your stake refunded as a free-bet.

Shop around folks its good to be online (Lets not mention BetBright)

I've little done ante-post, there's rarely much difference anymore, with multiple entries you are nearly better off waiting until they go NRNB. The only one I'm well ahead of is Kildisart in the JLT. Ive it backed ew at 16's with Bet365 and its an 8/1 shot now, bearing in mind that the JLT is the first race on the Thursday so I'll probably be having €20 on the nose with Skybet as well!!!

Since we went NRNB , the only one I'm handily ahead of is Posh Trish in the Mares Novices. I've her backed each-way at 7/1 and she's a 4/1 shot now that Henry de Bromhead's Honeysuckle is out of the race.

The Champion hurdle is looking to be the race of the festival. You could almost do a small all-ways tricasts on Buveur Dair / Apples Jade / Laurina and just sit back and watch the race. If they are coming down the hill with Apples Jade in front and Buvuer Dair and Laurina poised in behind..... I think me fucking head will explode!! should be some race!. Fancy Buveur Dair though.

Champion chase is all bout Altior, won't have a bet , just watch

Stayers hurdle I'm very keen on Paisley Park. If Faugheen is the best the Irish have to offer than I thinks PP wins handily.

As for the Gold Cup ...... At the start of the NH season I watched last year's Gold Cup again and said to anyone that would listen that neither Native River nor Might Bite would ever win a graded chase again. That was a brutal race. They started for home fully a mile and a half out. Think this could be Lord Windermeresque Gold Cup. Outsiders filling the places. If the rain comes like they say it will, think Elegant Escape at 20/1 NRNB at the moment looks very enticing.

Outside of that I shall give a shout out like I do every year to FatJockey.com as being the best racing forum. I like a read of the preview night stuff. Most people have an opinion on the pattern races but I like to read/watch preview nights for the handicap selections and the NAPs/Lays. As I've done since they started I think 6 years ago, I attended the one at Larry Tomkins a fortnight ago. And there were a couple of things I took out of it :

During a discussion on the Stayers hurdle Tony Mullins basically said 'lads before I forget it there's a strong word for the Jessica Harrington trained Walk to Freedom in the Pertemps". That literally came out of nowhere.

Tony was also adamant that Willie would NOT run any of his main contenders if the ground wasn't soft enough, Benie Des Diuex, Al Boum Photo and Carefully Selected were specifically mentioned.

Enda Bolger (who was in attendance but not on the panel), who is as much a gentleman in real life as he's portrayed on tv, was then asked for a few words and said Tiger Roll is a certainty. Was then asked about his fav in the Foxhunters - Standupandfight - and said he felt it was probably a year too soon and he thought Caid Du Burlais would win.

As an aside , keep an eye out for wherever Gordon Elliott's Dinons runs. He seemed to conveniently forget it was running at the Betfair preview night during the week.

Whatever happens proccers, theporge hopes ye clean them out
Old 10-03-2019, 09:25 PM

tues declarations are listed here http://cheltenham.attheraces.com/rac...rch-2019/1330/
horses can only be declared for one race this year so Klassical Dream running in the Supreme means he is out of the Ballymore
Old 10-03-2019, 10:26 PM

I cant wait to gamble my wages and shit my underpants after a week ;ong gargle binge
Old 11-03-2019, 09:34 AM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrass View Post
Sharjah won't fancy the forecast if it comes to pass. I'd say he'll drift overnight if the rain comes.
Old 11-03-2019, 03:10 PM

Selections / Bets for Tuesday
1:30 Elixir De Nutz
2:10 Paloma Blue
2:50 Up For Review
3:10 Buveur Dair
4:10 Limini
4:50 Cubomania
5:30 Le Breuil

Enjoy folks