tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Young Offenders set for BBC series - Page 51 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-11-2019, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
I'm sure it's all very worthy stuff. It's still derivative, amateur hour shite. Spare me the mawkish sentimentality.

A novelty single, perhaps they should bring it out for xmas.
Relax, fella. It's kids doing something creative and positive instead of going out and robbing cars. Dismissing the work of kids as derivative and amateur is a bit redundant owing to the fact that everything that kids do is derivative and amateur because they're kids.

I read, and for the most part enjoy, a lot of your posts. You seem to fancy yourself as a writer and a keen critic of culture. Maybe if someone had encouraged your passion as a young fella your obvious talents wouldn't be wasted on screaming purple prose film reviews in to the void on a flat-lining regional chat forum.

G'night, Larry.
Old 19-11-2019, 11:34 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
Relax, fella. It's kids doing something creative and positive instead of going out and robbing cars. Dismissing the work of kids as derivative and amateur is a bit redundant owing to the fact that everything that kids do is derivative and amateur because they're kids.

I read, and for the most part enjoy, a lot of your posts. You seem to fancy yourself as a writer and a keen critic of culture. Maybe if someone had encouraged your passion as a young fella your obvious talents wouldn't be wasted on screaming purple prose film reviews in to the void on a flat-lining regional chat forum.

G'night, Larry.
I never knew you cared

G'night m8.
Old 20-11-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:

G'night, Larry.
Devastating ass whupping for Larry there. 😂😂
Old 20-11-2019, 07:56 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

G'night, Larry.
A song about stealing other people's property is doing something creative and positive?

Are you having a laugh?
Old 20-11-2019, 08:04 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
A song about stealing other people's property is doing something creative and positive?

Are you having a laugh?
Yup, nicking bicycles is now doing something for the community.

Bunk clearly has a horse in this race owing to how emotional he has got. He can slate me as much as he wants it changes nothing.

That lame Versatile knockoff only reinforces a lazy stereotype that thievery amongst northside residents is the norm & is somehow cool.

'They could be out robbing cars', so they encourage the theft of bikes instead . Ycnmiu.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Senior PROC Member

In real life these two young fucking scumbags should be jailed.
Old 20-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Quote:

G'night, Larry.
Ouch, that's some smackdown for Langer Dan.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:24 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDavid View Post
Yup, nicking bicycles is now doing something for the community.

Bunk clearly has a horse in this race owing to how emotional he has got. He can slate me as much as he wants it changes nothing.

That lame Versatile knockoff only reinforces a lazy stereotype that thievery amongst northside residents is the norm & is somehow cool.

'They could be out robbing cars', so they encourage the theft of bikes instead . Ycnmiu.
I haven't seen the actual show but judging from the trailers it looks grim, are people from Knocknaheeny supposed to be flattered by all this attention?

I'll bet the two main actors are posh boys in real life.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:30 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I haven't seen the actual show but judging from the trailers it looks grim, are people from Knocknaheeny supposed to be flattered by all this attention?

I'll bet the two main actors are posh boys in real life.
It's a middle class mindset take on the Narthside that ridicules their accents, their appearance and paints them as thieves.

This Foote character has never had a pint up beyond Henchys in his life.
Old 20-11-2019, 09:34 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Comic View Post
Top, top norrie-hop.

In fairness, that was a lotta fun. This stuff is all tongue-in-cheek.