tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
2019 Junior football championship - Page 51 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 16-11-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchofsnuff View Post
Puts what knocknagree did in perspective
Ye had a great win over Dromid Pearses but I think it’s fair to say this Na Gaeil side are a lot better than them. Jack Barry and Diarmuid O’Connor midfield pair at junior level? Holy Christ
Old 16-11-2019, 07:36 PM
PROC Member

Dromid were the weaker Kerry junior champions definitely the weaker in the last 3 years both Na Geal and Beaufort we’re playing in Kerry Division 1 at the time as were Glenbeigh Glencar when they won the year previous.

Kilshanigh were unlucky to get Na Geal 6 days after winning the county.

All luck of the draw I guess
Old 16-11-2019, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom88 View Post
Kilshannig weren't at the same level as they were in the county. 4th week out on the trot for a lot of their team who are playing u21 combined with the celebrations showed.
They had chances but kicked bad wides, missed 4 very handy frees and really should have been leading early in the 2nd half if they'd taken their scores. The wing back O Shea usually kicks a good point but he missed 3 scorable ones first half today , in fairness he gets on a lot of ball though and looks a good player. I imagine he'll be part of the u20 set up next year.
Once na Gaeil got their 2nd goal Kilshannig were chasing goals.
Jack Barry's kick passing in the 1st half was quality, O Connor showed his quality and the corner forward scored 2-2 from play I think ( I gave him the 1st goal, not 100% twas him ).
The first goal was a comedy of errors involving several Kilshannig backs and looked like an own goal to me. You are spot on with No 13 Diarmuid Herlihy though, he scored the 2nd one and a few more from play.
Didn't know that No5 Colm O Shea was under 20 but he's a certainty for Cork if that's the case. Diarmuid O Connor was lucky not to see RED for a nasty late hit on him close to half time. O Shea was down for a long time. He's a tough bit of stuff and continued to attack after the hit.
Gulf in class was obvious but the Kilshannig lads were not at full pitch after a weeks celebrations and young Eanna O Hanlon is another top class prospect. It looked like brother Killian wasn't up to speed today. We forgive him.
Old 17-11-2019, 02:26 PM
PROC Member

Kilshannig were desperately unlucky that they had only a 6 day turnover.Even another week could have made the world of difference.I do think they have the tools to kick on at intermediate level. As Knocknagree will testify you need luck to win anything and they certainly had it in spades the year they won it.The gradings in Kerry at present are all wrong and it shows that the only level playing field is the top grade. Intermediate and definetly junior level is set up for their clubs to bring All Irelands.
Old 18-11-2019, 07:19 PM

With respect 'Unbeaten' it's the gradings in Cork that are wrong.
The sooner Kevin O Donovan sorts this the better as taking hammerings from
Kerry teams is not good for the stomach.
Old 18-11-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
He is actually making it worse by weakening premier intermediate with putting the stronger teams jnto senior A. The winners of senior A should be the grade going into munster and not a weakened premier intermediate.

Likewise the lower intermediate should go into the munster junior
Old 18-11-2019, 08:43 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude View Post
Maybe fair for other years and Eire og this year but I really don't think Kilshannig were that far off Na Gaeil. If they kicked their points they would have been in the game even without playing well. I've seen them a few times this year and they weren't at the same pace on Saturday, 6 day turnaround after the celebrations and emotional high of the county win coupled with 4th week on the trot for a lot of the squad were the factors here imo.
Old 23-11-2019, 03:19 PM

Na Gael won today vs the Clare champions 3-20 to 0-1
The Kerry system is ridiculous
Old 23-11-2019, 04:20 PM

I think more counties will make their senior championship smaller. Not sure I agree-I think you need 16 teams really to have a good championship, we have the two college teams and eight divisions. What we should do in the future is to put the second senior winners into Munster ifc and the county pifc winners into Munster jfc. Would probably need to rename them but so what-the names are meaningless.
Old 24-11-2019, 10:36 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
I think more counties will make their senior championship smaller. Not sure I agree-I think you need 16 teams really to have a good championship, we have the two college teams and eight divisions. What we should do in the future is to put the second senior winners into Munster ifc and the county pifc winners into Munster jfc. Would probably need to rename them but so what-the names are meaningless.
That's actually a great idea.