Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 10-05-2019, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
I don't work 9 to 5:30 dear. When the job needs doing it needs to get done so there's times I need to work back or be in early. Other times I'm waiting for feedback on an issue, where sometimes I get to visit PROC.

You still posting from the attic in your underpants?
lol, classic PS speak right there! Waiting for feedback?.. are you fucking serious?

what about doing something else while you're 'waiting' on feedback? Ever considered working on a few items, processes/whatever at once so that you issue one out and then switch to others while its being considered?

Imagine working in private industry, throwing the feet up on the desk and telling your manager/director that you are just waiting on feedback! Christ SoundY, you're so indoctrinated into the endemic malaise that you don't even realise whats wrong anymore - I bet you're supportive of the 'increased productivity' shit talk that the PS unions go on with?
Old 10-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
lol, classic PS speak right there! Waiting for feedback?.. are you fucking serious?

what about doing something else while you're 'waiting' on feedback? Ever considered working on a few items, processes/whatever at once so that you issue one out and then switch to others while its being considered?

Imagine working in private industry, throwing the feet up on the desk and telling your manager/director that you are just waiting on feedback! Christ SoundY, you're so indoctrinated into the endemic malaise that you don't even realise whats wrong anymore - I bet you're supportive of the 'increased productivity' shit talk that the PS unions go on with?
I did work in industry and similarly had to await feedback. Could be waiting for the OEM to respond, or for someone in Process to use a piece of equipment, or for a PO to clear, or for a Service Dept to provide a spare, or a myriad of other things.

Tell me dear - how comes you're on a message board between 9 and 5:30?

Asking for a friend obviously
Old 10-05-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
I did work in industry and similarly had to await feedback. Could be waiting for the OEM to respond, or for someone in Process to use a piece of equipment, or for a PO to clear, or for a Service Dept to provide a spare, or a myriad of other things.

Tell me dear - how comes you're on a message board between 9 and 5:30?

Asking for a friend obviously
why isn't there something else you could be doing while you waited? That sounds suspiciously like BS to be honest, very few private companies could survive while being that lax with peoples time

As for me - I put in min 50 hours/week of actual work so I don't need to justify my time to anyone
Old 10-05-2019, 01:06 PM

Hey lads, off topic.
What about yer man in the tank?
Old 10-05-2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Strutter View Post
Hey lads, off topic.
What about yer man in the tank?
SoundY must have had a half day
Old 10-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Senior PROC Member

His children are on with Tubs tonight.
Old 13-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Banned

Crikey....just listened to a piece that joe duffy played from his own show in 2005 where paddy quirke basically fiddled his own mother out of her own house when his father died.