Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Senior PROC Member

I'm told that BAM have a larger legal department than Ronan, Daly, Jermyn. They're extremely litigious and I very much doubt that they can be banned from projects that rely on EU monies.

The tenders should be written in such a way that if BAM do their usual low-ball bid and charge through the nose for even the most miniscule of changes, it still wouldn't be worth their while.

Play these goons at their own game, but do it within the legal parameters or they'll nail you for it
Old 14-02-2019, 09:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
I'm told that BAM have a larger legal department than Ronan, Daly, Jermyn. They're extremely litigious and I very much doubt that they can be banned from projects that rely on EU monies.

The tenders should be written in such a way that if BAM do their usual low-ball bid and charge through the nose for even the most miniscule of changes, it still wouldn't be worth their while.

Play these goons at their own game, but do it within the legal parameters or they'll nail you for it
Great post. Only eay to deal with the likes of them is to play them at their own game.
Old 14-02-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
Great post. Only eay to deal with the likes of them is to play them at their own game.
Are they not precluded from bidding on projects in the UK because of their record?
Old 14-02-2019, 10:17 AM
dan ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColCork View Post
Nope, that's a surefire way to lose even more public money is to play an expert at the game they make their money in.
Old 14-02-2019, 12:00 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky View Post
Will BAM ever get a state contract again after this latest fiasco?

Underestimating the new port at Ringaskiddy by €12 million and others in the Examiner today.

It seems to me that the NCH was not even fully designed tender wise when it was priced and the state will surely had had QS consultant analysing all the bids?

BAM was scarily low and clearly underpriced which should have rung alarm bells.

Huge reputational damage self-inflicted by BAM and other big builders must just be sitting back rubbing their hands with glee.
There's an article on Bam today in the Examiner, I see Mick Barry is on the case and he's dead right, serious questions need to be asked about why they keep getting these lucrative government contracts.

The bums.
Old 14-02-2019, 01:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffer falls View Post
Are they not precluded from bidding on projects in the UK because of their record?
BAM UK is a different organisation that the one here, all answerable of course to HQ.

I wonder are their HQ interested in the goings on here and the possible reputational damage.

I noticed that JCD developments used BAM a lot a few years ago, now it seems that PJ Hegarty's are doing all their building work