tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Most Memorable - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 26,527
Default Most Memorable

PL game that you have seen. Not based on the result or what was at stake but on the quality of the football.
For me Liverpool 3-3 Manchester United in 1993. Superb end to end game that lives in the memory!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:49 PM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20,275
Default

Leeds 4 liverpool 3, liverpool were two up, Viduka with all four,
Arsenal 2 leeds 3, Leeds won at highbury to stave off relegation and helped
man utd to the title,
Liverpool v man utd as you mentioned,
liverpool 4 newcastle 3,
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:51 PM
gingin gingin is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,682
Default

Liverpool v Newcastle around 95 or 96. 4-3 Stan collymore with the winner in injury time. One of those games that had it all. Live on sky too. Newcastle were never dull under keegan to be fair. They were involved in a fair whack of games around that time which could have been considered epic.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:53 PM
One One is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,826
Default

Man Utd 8 Arsenal 2.

No need to say anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:55 PM
jimmym jimmym is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20,275
Default

Southampton v newcastle 1993? Memorable for two le tiss crackers,
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:58 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
PL game that you have seen. Not based on the result or what was at stake but on the quality of the football.
For me Liverpool 3-3 Manchester United in 1993. Superb end to end game that lives in the memory!
I'll go for that 2012 Man City/QPR game.. Dzeko scores in injury time only for Ballotelli to somehow do something positive and Kun smashed it home for the league win, Utd's supporters in the stands elsewhere eating salty tears of disappointment having been on the cusp of the title themselves .. great tension, glorious flip flopping, and all round excitement for the arabs winning their first domestic title in modern times

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2019, 12:59 PM
One One is online now
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
Southampton v newcastle 1993? Memorable for two le tiss crackers,
Good shout.

The Manchester derby from I think 94 where United came back from 2 down was a goodun. 2 from Quinn, united levelled it before a certain young Royston Maurice Keane netted the winner.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2019, 01:03 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 26,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by One View Post
Good shout.

The Manchester derby from I think 94 where United came back from 2 down was a goodun. 2 from Quinn, united levelled it before a certain young Royston Maurice Keane netted the winner.
👍
Good call.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2019, 01:05 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 26,527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
I'll go for that 2012 Man City/QPR game.. Dzeko scores in injury time only for Ballotelli to somehow do something positive and Kun smashed it home for the league win, Utd's supporters in the stands elsewhere eating salty tears of disappointment having been on the cusp of the title themselves .. great tension, glorious flip flopping, and all round excitement for the arabs winning their first domestic title in modern times


🤔
Quality of game and not other factors are being discussed here and not anti-club sentiments.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2019, 01:12 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is online now
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
Quality of game and not other factors are being discussed here and not anti-club sentiments.
I'm not anti-any club Lee, in fact I'm a top, top neutral.. Rebels regularly accuses me of being anti-Liverpool by the way

Quality of game is about the full gamut Lee
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Céilí By The Lee ( classes)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.