tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Training Run Times - Page 1470 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #14691  
Old 19-09-2019, 12:36 PM
BlackpoolTerrier BlackpoolTerrier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounding Road View Post

Looking at the garmin profile of that Raffeen run BT, i wonder is the value more in the psychological rather than physiological to that one.. a kind of.. "if i can do this at the fag end of a long run, then i can do anything" kind of a thing.
Yeah PR, the hill isn't so much steep as very long - it's even a good training spin on a bike. It's a very strong workout and as you say, tackling it after 13 miles is a confidence builder.
Reply With Quote
  #14692  
Old 19-09-2019, 12:55 PM
Pounding Road Pounding Road is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 458
Default

BT, I'm just back from a week in the US,. As you say, a disruption for sure. I managed to get a good few runs in with some local groups though which helped. Its the tiredness from the time changes and travel that have hit me this week, so do your best to try to mitigate that as much as you can. I'm currently dosed up to the nines with vit C and D in the hope that I can bolster the immune system and stave off anything nasty this week.
Reply With Quote
  #14693  
Old 19-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Carmona Carmona is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,679
Default

Jaysus, been a while.

Mini-update from me. Ending Week 8 of 18 week plan. Time is going faster than ever!

I'm tipping along. Looking forward to the Tuesday 'speed' being replaced by longer and slower 'strength' reps. Getting too old for the 5k/10k pace reps. In any cases the paces I'm doing are too fast. The MP stuff is about 4,05 per km and that won't be happening on the day. I have a great partner for the Medium/Long stuff every second Sunday. They are so much easier with company. Only thing is we're doing 'em a bit fast. I'll dial it back if I feel I'm overdoing it.

Otherwise nothing to report. Best of luck to all in avoiding injury. Nice top 10 for Smurf in Charleville. Hopefully TimeO shrugs off his problems soon.

Any news from Thomas A. at all?
__________________
"What business doe's a woman have threating a man"

No comment.
Reply With Quote
  #14694  
Old 21-09-2019, 11:13 AM
Eastwood Eastwood is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 421
Default

Hi all.
Quick question. Is there anywhere to run in the dark evenings that's off road and floodlit? Trying to stay off the roads as the injuries have mounted over the years. I normally run in the farm but the evenings are closing in on me! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #14695  
Old 21-09-2019, 12:32 PM
BlackpoolTerrier BlackpoolTerrier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Hi all.
Quick question. Is there anywhere to run in the dark evenings that's off road and floodlit? Trying to stay off the roads as the injuries have mounted over the years. I normally run in the farm but the evenings are closing in on me! Thanks!
You can run from the Rochestown inn down to Passage and back EastwoodY - that’s a five-mile round trip, floodlit all the way along the old railway / greenway. Also, the run from Fitzgerald’s Park along the Mardyke and out the straight road is either pedestrianised or wide footpath/no junctions all the way - a 6 mile spin.

Meanwhile you’ll see plenty of runners with lightweight LED head torches on the Curraheen River path or the Monkstown/Blackrock circuits. The torches work grand and the paths are beautifully empty after dark.

Are you training for any particular race or distance?
Reply With Quote
  #14696  
Old 21-09-2019, 08:03 PM
BlackpoolTerrier BlackpoolTerrier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
J

Any news from Thomas A. at all?
Big news of little tiny feet from TomasY.

Congrats lad!
Reply With Quote
  #14697  
Old 21-09-2019, 08:55 PM
Eastwood Eastwood is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpoolTerrier View Post
You can run from the Rochestown inn down to Passage and back EastwoodY - that’s a five-mile round trip, floodlit all the way along the old railway / greenway. Also, the run from Fitzgerald’s Park along the Mardyke and out the straight road is either pedestrianised or wide footpath/no junctions all the way - a 6 mile spin.

Meanwhile you’ll see plenty of runners with lightweight LED head torches on the Curraheen River path or the Monkstown/Blackrock circuits. The torches work grand and the paths are beautifully empty after dark.

Are you training for any particular race or distance?
Thanks for that. Will try the Rochestown one I reckon. Training for nothing in particular. Packed in the running a few years ago due to injuries and just trying to get one run a week going to keep himself tipping over!
Reply With Quote
  #14698  
Old 22-09-2019, 03:44 PM
BlackpoolTerrier BlackpoolTerrier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,870
Default



No stopping me this morning with a fresh new pair of these bad boys on. Just as well I took the pic - after 22 miles the right one had a grand big bloodstain on it where it was chafing the big toe

TOP TIP - I cut the back end of the insoles off the old pair (around two inches worth) and stuck the cut-outs under the back end of the new insoles. Gives the tiniest of heel lifts but enough to keep the two Achilles sweet...
Reply With Quote
  #14699  
Old 22-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Carmona Carmona is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpoolTerrier View Post


No stopping me this morning with a fresh new pair of these bad boys on. Just as well I took the pic - after 22 miles the right one had a grand big bloodstain on it where it was chafing the big toe

TOP TIP - I cut the back end of the insoles off the old pair (around two inches worth) and stuck the cut-outs under the back end of the new insoles. Gives the tiniest of heel lifts but enough to keep the two Achilles sweet...
Sorted for night running in them an' all!!

Tell us a bloody bit about the run? Distance and pace at least.

Hit my first little problem today, Had to stop and walk home with a nasty pain in the left knee. Had been going so well for the last 6/7 weeks.
__________________
"What business doe's a woman have threating a man"

No comment.
Reply With Quote
  #14700  
Old 22-09-2019, 04:02 PM
BlackpoolTerrier BlackpoolTerrier is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
Sorted for night running in them an' all!!

Tell us a bloody bit about the run? Distance and pace at least.

Hit my first little problem today, Had to stop and walk home with a nasty pain in the left knee. Had been going so well for the last 6/7 weeks.
22 miles at 7:30 pace - around 300m of climbing in the first half (three laps of the Red Setter / Dunnes Ballyvolane / Glen Church loop, two of them up the hill by the church and one down). I was a bit flahed after the hills so I didn't go all-out to get an MP stretch too - did a few 7:08's around 16-18 miles.

That knee sounds rough - is RICE the order of the day? Sounds like running on the flat for you for a while.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




The Watermelons

Charlie's, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.