tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Training Run Times - Page 1470 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-09-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounding Road View Post

Looking at the garmin profile of that Raffeen run BT, i wonder is the value more in the psychological rather than physiological to that one.. a kind of.. "if i can do this at the fag end of a long run, then i can do anything" kind of a thing.
Yeah PR, the hill isn't so much steep as very long - it's even a good training spin on a bike. It's a very strong workout and as you say, tackling it after 13 miles is a confidence builder.
Old 19-09-2019, 12:55 PM

BT, I'm just back from a week in the US,. As you say, a disruption for sure. I managed to get a good few runs in with some local groups though which helped. Its the tiredness from the time changes and travel that have hit me this week, so do your best to try to mitigate that as much as you can. I'm currently dosed up to the nines with vit C and D in the hope that I can bolster the immune system and stave off anything nasty this week.
Old 19-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Senior PROC Member

Jaysus, been a while.

Mini-update from me. Ending Week 8 of 18 week plan. Time is going faster than ever!

I'm tipping along. Looking forward to the Tuesday 'speed' being replaced by longer and slower 'strength' reps. Getting too old for the 5k/10k pace reps. In any cases the paces I'm doing are too fast. The MP stuff is about 4,05 per km and that won't be happening on the day. I have a great partner for the Medium/Long stuff every second Sunday. They are so much easier with company. Only thing is we're doing 'em a bit fast. I'll dial it back if I feel I'm overdoing it.

Otherwise nothing to report. Best of luck to all in avoiding injury. Nice top 10 for Smurf in Charleville. Hopefully TimeO shrugs off his problems soon.

Any news from Thomas A. at all?

No comment.
Old 21-09-2019, 11:13 AM

Hi all.
Quick question. Is there anywhere to run in the dark evenings that's off road and floodlit? Trying to stay off the roads as the injuries have mounted over the years. I normally run in the farm but the evenings are closing in on me! Thanks!
Old 21-09-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwood View Post
Hi all.
Quick question. Is there anywhere to run in the dark evenings that's off road and floodlit? Trying to stay off the roads as the injuries have mounted over the years. I normally run in the farm but the evenings are closing in on me! Thanks!
You can run from the Rochestown inn down to Passage and back EastwoodY - that’s a five-mile round trip, floodlit all the way along the old railway / greenway. Also, the run from Fitzgerald’s Park along the Mardyke and out the straight road is either pedestrianised or wide footpath/no junctions all the way - a 6 mile spin.

Meanwhile you’ll see plenty of runners with lightweight LED head torches on the Curraheen River path or the Monkstown/Blackrock circuits. The torches work grand and the paths are beautifully empty after dark.

Are you training for any particular race or distance?
Old 21-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
J

Any news from Thomas A. at all?
Big news of little tiny feet from TomasY.

Congrats lad!
Old 21-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpoolTerrier View Post
You can run from the Rochestown inn down to Passage and back EastwoodY - that’s a five-mile round trip, floodlit all the way along the old railway / greenway. Also, the run from Fitzgerald’s Park along the Mardyke and out the straight road is either pedestrianised or wide footpath/no junctions all the way - a 6 mile spin.

Meanwhile you’ll see plenty of runners with lightweight LED head torches on the Curraheen River path or the Monkstown/Blackrock circuits. The torches work grand and the paths are beautifully empty after dark.

Are you training for any particular race or distance?
Thanks for that. Will try the Rochestown one I reckon. Training for nothing in particular. Packed in the running a few years ago due to injuries and just trying to get one run a week going to keep himself tipping over!
Old 22-09-2019, 03:44 PM

No stopping me this morning with a fresh new pair of these bad boys on. Just as well I took the pic - after 22 miles the right one had a grand big bloodstain on it where it was chafing the big toe

TOP TIP - I cut the back end of the insoles off the old pair (around two inches worth) and stuck the cut-outs under the back end of the new insoles. Gives the tiniest of heel lifts but enough to keep the two Achilles sweet...
Old 22-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackpoolTerrier View Post

No stopping me this morning with a fresh new pair of these bad boys on. Just as well I took the pic - after 22 miles the right one had a grand big bloodstain on it where it was chafing the big toe

TOP TIP - I cut the back end of the insoles off the old pair (around two inches worth) and stuck the cut-outs under the back end of the new insoles. Gives the tiniest of heel lifts but enough to keep the two Achilles sweet...
Sorted for night running in them an' all!!

Tell us a bloody bit about the run? Distance and pace at least.

Hit my first little problem today, Had to stop and walk home with a nasty pain in the left knee. Had been going so well for the last 6/7 weeks.

No comment.
Old 22-09-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
Sorted for night running in them an' all!!

Tell us a bloody bit about the run? Distance and pace at least.

Hit my first little problem today, Had to stop and walk home with a nasty pain in the left knee. Had been going so well for the last 6/7 weeks.
22 miles at 7:30 pace - around 300m of climbing in the first half (three laps of the Red Setter / Dunnes Ballyvolane / Glen Church loop, two of them up the hill by the church and one down). I was a bit flahed after the hills so I didn't go all-out to get an MP stretch too - did a few 7:08's around 16-18 miles.

That knee sounds rough - is RICE the order of the day? Sounds like running on the flat for you for a while.