Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-04-2012, 11:44 PM

toostoopidforwords.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:03 AM

I can't believe that this thread is now on it's fourth page!
Old 16-04-2012, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosexy View Post
It is not a big deal when one looks at the genuine issues a recession creates.

Losing a few players is down the bottom of the list - it would be great if the GAA could see this.
I agree, there are more important issues, no argument there, but for rural communities it is still important and shouldn't be dismissed by urbanites. I'm not defending the GAA by any means, they're idiots, just pointing out that to many, their local club is important
Old 16-04-2012, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
I agree, there are more important issues, no argument there, but for rural communities it is still important and shouldn't be dismissed by urbanites. I'm not defending the GAA by any means, they're idiots, just pointing out that to many, their local club is important
Must have galled you when your crowd had to go cap in hand to the idiots a few years ago so.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCork80 View Post
Must have galled you when your crowd had to go cap in hand to the idiots a few years ago so.
Not really, I'm not that childish and pathetically immature. Kelly was a good forward thinking president, the GAA could do.with more men like him. This idiotic 'them v us' mentality is backward it should have been thrown out with FF
Old 16-04-2012, 12:40 AM

Lads, remember what Jay-Z said about arguing with fools.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
Not really, I'm not that childish and pathetically immature. Kelly was a good forward thinking president, the GAA could do.with more men like him. This idiotic 'them v us' mentality is backward it should have been thrown out with FF
Comedy gold there kid. Call a very large group of some quarter of a million people idiots and then have the gall to condemn them as childish, immature and having a backward them and us mentality.

YCNMIU

But sure what would I know? I'm only an idiot that supports my local club and county. The type of idiot involved with an idiotic organisation that built one of the biggest and best stadia in Europe when all around them were playing in a kip and waiting on Sam Hamman and Wimbledon to build them one in the Phoenix park. The type of idiotic organisation that has active branches providing sports, educational and social facilities in every parish in Ireland. The type of idiotic organisation that hosts the best attended womens sport event in Europe every year. The idiotic organisation that provided it's whizz-kid neighbours with a place to play for three years while they fucked away the guts of e400million to increase the capacity of lansdowne by 500. The idiotic organisation that attracts a million spectators a year to see amateur sports.

Complete idiots every last one of us.
Old 16-04-2012, 12:53 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Comedy gold there kid. Call a very large group of some quarter of a million people idiots and then have the gall to condemn them as childish, immature and having a backward them and us mentality.

YCNMIU

But sure what would I know? I'm only an idiot that supports my local club and county. The type of idiot involved with an idiotic organisation that built one of the biggest and best stadia in Europe when all around them were playing in a kip and waiting on Sam Hamman and Wimbledon to build them one in the Phoenix park. The type of idiotic organisation that has active branches providing sports, educational and social facilities in every parish in Ireland. The type of idiotic organisation that hosts the best attended womens sport event in Europe every year. The idiotic organisation that provided it's whizz-kid neighbours with a place to play for three years while they fucked away the guts of e400million to increase the capacity of lansdowne by 500. The idiotic organisation that attracts a million spectators a year to see amateur sports.

Nice pwn.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:13 AM

is it a full moon out tonight. the loony brigade are all out in force in the sf.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:

YCNMIU

I have no issue with the grassroots of Gaelic games by any means, and like I said, Kelly was a breath of fresh air, obviously you've got your back up which is why you've gone on this pathetic defensive tirade (I was actually defending the idea that Gaelic games are an important part of peoples lives, has your hair trigger sense of entrenchment missed that?).

I love hurling and football as sports, I don't believe there is a more skillful sport than hurling on this planet. But I'm not so blinded as to see that the GAA as an organisation, like the IRFU or any other, has faults. Being defensive and pretending the likes of the GAA are perfect is the same small minded mentality that got FF and the catholic church to where they were