Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 26-06-2012, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeencalleddan View Post
Drogba to Barcelona and Gylfi S to Spurs apparently.
Rumours, Speculation and general bullshit.
Old 26-06-2012, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Rumours, Speculation and general bullshit.
The Twatter machine is in overdrive.
Old 26-06-2012, 12:27 AM

Blackburn did well to get Danny Murphy. 35 yes, but I still would have thought he could have secured better. He was decent when called upon in the Prem last season.
Old 26-06-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afeencalleddan View Post
The Twatter machine is in overdrive.
Tis trending...
Old 26-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORKBHOY View Post
Tis trending...
I believe there could be some truth in this.

Its leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. I can only hope Jose swoops in last minute and rescues Didi from that horrible organization.
Old 26-06-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
I believe there could be some truth in this.

Its leaving me with a bad taste in my mouth. I can only hope Jose swoops in last minute and rescues Didi from that horrible organization.
WIll he lose warrior status with the SFI now if he goes to Barca???
Old 26-06-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c'mere View Post
Blackburn did well to get Danny Murphy. 35 yes, but I still would have thought he could have secured better. He was decent when called upon in the Prem last season.
I would have thought both himself and David Dunn in the middle would be quiet easily over run.
Old 26-06-2012, 11:00 AM

A very strange link. Just can't see it happen. City have been linked with a £20m move for Skrtel and now are linked with Agger - who would be much better foil than Skrtel for Kompany.

"Joleon Lescott may be on his way away from Manchester, however, as City are said to be mulling over letting him go to Liverpool, which would facilitate City's swoop for Daniel Agger. If that elaborate plot is thwarted, City will just go buy Fabricio Coloccini."
Old 26-06-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philby View Post
A very strange link. Just can't see it happen. City have been linked with a £20m move for Skrtel and now are linked with Agger - who would be much better foil than Skrtel for Kompany.

"Joleon Lescott may be on his way away from Manchester, however, as City are said to be mulling over letting him go to Liverpool, which would facilitate City's swoop for Daniel Agger. If that elaborate plot is thwarted, City will just go buy Fabricio Coloccini."
Lescott played really well at the Euro's. I'll be surprised if he is allowed to leave City. Though I do see them signing another center-half and him being under big pressure to get regular starts. I expect Kolo to leave alright.
Old 26-06-2012, 01:21 PM

Michael Owen to Dubai?

Is the horse racing popular in UAE by any chance?

from
https://twitter.com/#!/Sport_360

Dubai bound: Owen is in 'talks' with Shabab about a move to the UAE.

UAE side Al Shabab are in talks to sign former Liverpool, Manchester United and England striker Michael Owen and a deal could be done "soon".

Owen, 32, is a free agent after ending his injury plagued three-year stay at Manchester United last month and had said he was open to a move abroad in order to prolong his career.

Owen is convinced he still has two or three "good" years left in the game and said: "I don't feel I have lost the ability to score goals or play at a high level."

"I have been playing and training with top players all my life and that was one of the attractions in going to Man Utd.

He addedL "We will wait to see where that is. If it is not the Premier League then I may look farther afield."

A move to Stoke City has been mooted in recent days, however a switch to the UAE, where Oen is a regular visitor, could now be in the offiing with Shabab working to pull off the audacious swoop.

The Dubai club confirmed they are in talks with the former Real Madrid man via Twitter. “Michael Owen has been identified as a candidate to play for Shabab next season and we are in negotiations with his management team. The player’s agent is in Dubai to close the deal.”

A spokesman for the three-time league champions and 2011 Etisalat Cup winners, who for a second straight year earned a play-off spot into next season's AFC Champions League, also revealed that Owen's agent was in Dubai to tie up a deal.

“We are in talks with the player and his agent, but no agreement has yet been reached between the parties, things should become clear soon,” the spokesman said.

Owen spent eight years at Anfield from 1996 to 2004 and made 297 appearances for Liverpool scoring 158 goals in the process and winning a host of honours, including European Player of the Year in 2001.

He joined Real Madrid in 2004 where he once agin found the back of the net on a regular basis, scoring 16 goals in 45 outings for the capital outfit, before retuning to England with Newcastle United a year later.

His time at St James' Park, though, was blighted by injury, a fact highlighted by the fact he made just 79 appearances for the club in four seasons, netting 30 goals.

Owen then joined then Premier League champions Manchester United in 2009 on a free transfer, although injuries again stunted his progression with the striker spending most of his time on the bench.

He did, however, endear himself to United fans with a late winner in United's 4-3 derby win over Manchester City in September 2009 as well as the opener in the League Cup final win over Aston Villa later that season.

As far as his international career goes, Owen is England’s tenth most-capped player and has a 40 goals for the Three Lions in 89 appearances.