Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 15-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Youghal Exile Youghal Exile is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Land Of 124 All Irelands
Posts: 26,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosexy View Post
Would they ever shut up about this? Least of people's concern when they can't get a job/pay bills is the local GAA team.

Such a backward,ignorant organisation.

Every day I see artcles about how the GAA is losing players. Yes the biggest problem with the recession/unemployment is all the GAA player's we will lose. Idiot's.

I think some Cork player's went on TV begging for a job.

Fucking embarrassment.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...e-3081243.html
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
Sean Og pure Norrie, pure Cork, and pure class. Red&Blue has made an absolute flute of himself again.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 24,028
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosexy View Post
Would they ever shut up about this? Least of people's concern when they can't get a job/pay bills is the local GAA team.

Such a backward,ignorant organisation.

Every day I see artcles about how the GAA is losing players. Yes the biggest problem with the recession/unemployment is all the GAA player's we will lose. Idiot's.

I think some Cork player's went on TV begging for a job.

Fucking embarrassment.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...e-3081243.html

Fair point.
Rugby or L.O.I players never seem to have the same problem!
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15-04-2012, 08:41 PM
toosexy toosexy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

Fair point.
Rugby or L.O.I players never seem to have the same problem!
I am sure they do have the same problem - they just have the sense not to be blowing on about it.

Most people have the common sense to realise that not being able to play on the local GAA team is the least of their worries when they don't have a job.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Mick Lyons Mick Lyons is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Behind you
Posts: 47,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

Fair point.
Rugby or L.O.I players never seem to have the same problem!
Lee has arrived in the thread.
Shit just got real.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh1152 View Post
I believe to this day that it was done to embarrass me politically.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Eoin Eoin is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 30,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Lyons View Post
Lee has arrived in the thread.
Shit just got real.
And completely misses the entire point of the thread.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 24,028
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Lyons View Post
Lee has arrived in the thread.
Shit just got real.

Jesus it's not like the GAA lads have to emigrate on coffin ships now is it?
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Mick Lyons Mick Lyons is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Behind you
Posts: 47,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
And completely misses the entire point of the thread.
Uncharacteristically .....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kh1152 View Post
I believe to this day that it was done to embarrass me politically.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Eoin Eoin is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 30,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

Jesus it's not like the GAA lads have to emigrate on coffin ships now is it?
Lee, this is not about the lads emigrating.

Its about the small communities left behind, who are losing so many young people that they are struggling to field teams and as a result, one of the main social outlets that these communities rely on is in danger of dying.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:55 PM
toosexy toosexy is offline
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
Lee, this is not about the lads emigrating.

Its about the small communities left behind, who are losing so many young people that they are struggling to field teams and as a result, one of the main social outlets that these communities rely on is in danger of dying.
That is biggest issue with the global recession - the GAA are losing players and good GAA country folk no longer have their social outlet.

For fuck sake.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Eoin Eoin is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Dublin
Posts: 30,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosexy View Post
That is biggest issue with the global recession - the GAA are losing players and good GAA country folk no longer have their social outlet.

For fuck sake.
Where has anyone said its the biggest issue with the global recession??

People from these communities are concerned about their own local area.

I really don't see how anyone can have a problem with this tbh.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.