Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29-01-2017, 03:32 PM
asgoodasascore asgoodasascore is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 87
Default Pearse Murphy

Elected Treasurer of Munster Council. Presumably Pearse will be doublejobbing as I imagine he couldn't bear to leave Frank's side.
IMO every bit as culpable as Frank in the decline of Cork as a force at intercounty level.
Made permanent by a few sneaky deals to get a motion through Congress to exempt the position of Cisteoir from the 3 year rule which applies to all other CB officers bar of course permanently employed officials such as ''He who must be obeyed''. This has led to the ruinous situation where 2 people have total permanent control over finances and administration of Cork GAA and we can see the results of this right through our intercounty teams performances.
__________________
''the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing''
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 29-01-2017, 03:42 PM
Ethelred Ethelred is offline
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Usher's House
Posts: 5,296
Default

Stop now.

The players didn't have to paint the shed in Fermoy. Progress.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29-01-2017, 05:11 PM
Lifestyle1988a Lifestyle1988a is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 108
Default

Pearse role different to Franks on 2 accounts

Frank is a full time GAA official , Pearse is not

Although exempt from the 3 year rule , Pearse has to be elected every year and can be opposed at any convention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgoodasascore View Post
Elected Treasurer of Munster Council. Presumably Pearse will be doublejobbing as I imagine he couldn't bear to leave Frank's side.
IMO every bit as culpable as Frank in the decline of Cork as a force at intercounty level.
Made permanent by a few sneaky deals to get a motion through Congress to exempt the position of Cisteoir from the 3 year rule which applies to all other CB officers bar of course permanently employed officials such as ''He who must be obeyed''. This has led to the ruinous situation where 2 people have total permanent control over finances and administration of Cork GAA and we can see the results of this right through our intercounty teams performances.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29-01-2017, 07:04 PM
asgoodasascore asgoodasascore is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestyle1988a View Post
Pearse role different to Franks on 2 accounts

Frank is a full time GAA official , Pearse is not

Although exempt from the 3 year rule , Pearse has to be elected every year and can be opposed at any convention.
Yes but hasn't ever had a contest
__________________
''the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing''
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29-01-2017, 07:53 PM
blackie blackie is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,527
Default

[QUOTE]Election Result

Quote:
1st count in Munster Treasurer election – P. Murphy (Cork) 17, J. O’Sullivan (Clare) 16, D. Morrissey (Limerick) 9, E. Buckley (Tipp) 9

Lots drawn to eliminate lowest Munster Treasurer candidate with Eamon Buckley (Tipp) being eliminated. His votes were then distributed.

2nd count in Munster Treasurer election – P. Murphy (Cork) 26, J. O’Sullivan (Clare) 16, D. Morrissey (Limerick) 9. Pearse Murphy elected[/QUOTE
So in the 1st round Buckley from Tipp got 9 votes and was then eliminated . All his 2nds went to Murphy.
__________________
I will in my hoop
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29-01-2017, 08:08 PM
thekeeper_79 thekeeper_79 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1,686
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asgoodasascore View Post
Yes but hasn't ever had a contest
Can't you go against him next year? Or propose someone else from your club?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 19-02-2018, 11:58 PM
don don is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,294
Default

U couldnt make this up


Congratulations to Pearse Murphy on winning @Corks96FM / @C103Cork @RochestownPark Sportsperson of the month for January. Pearse accepted his award this evening where tributes were paid by @FiFinnymac @DiarmuidVaughan & @OfficialCorkGAA chairperson @Tracey_Cork . @uachtaranclg
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 20-02-2018, 12:20 AM
cork2030 cork2030 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
U couldnt make this up


Congratulations to Pearse Murphy on winning @Corks96FM / @C103Cork @RochestownPark Sportsperson of the month for January. Pearse accepted his award this evening where tributes were paid by @FiFinnymac @DiarmuidVaughan & @OfficialCorkGAA chairperson @Tracey_Cork . @uachtaranclg
Surely a player from Kanturk or Knocknagree should have won this, or even a player from Midleton CBS, what a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 20-02-2018, 12:31 AM
an liathroid beag an liathroid beag is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 12,683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork2030 View Post
Surely a player from Kanturk or Knocknagree should have won this, or even a player from Midleton CBS, what a joke.
Murphy?? A joke surely.
__________________
A woman drove me to drink!-and I forgot to thank her!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 20-02-2018, 02:45 PM
iluvhurling iluvhurling is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,144
Default

Ah stop will ye, it's well deserved.
About time we recognised the quality we had/have in our most important administrative posts!!

Been a great few months for Pearse what with him winning the few bob in the county board draw recently.

Frank is in line for the December award immediately following his retirement.

Will their likes ever be seen again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.