tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
quick question to all in here.. - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Buy or Sell
User Name
Password

Old 03-03-2007, 03:21 AM

Default quick question to all in here..

i dunno what station it was but recentyl i heard on the radio that theres some website offering free stuff, where you post your old unwanted junk and give it away online-

any idea of an irish one, or what this one was??
Old 04-03-2007, 11:26 AM

yeah - here's one:
http://www.dublinwaste.ie/free_trade.php
but in Cork theres
http://cork.gumtree.ie/cork/Cork-free-stuff_3859_1.html
pity there's no craigslist for cork though - i've seen it used in the US and stuff moves faaasst on it (stuuf for sale as well as freebies)
Anybody interested in setting up something around here for freebies?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoleary View Post
Anybody interested in setting up something around here for freebies?
I'd be interested in setting it up - long as I could get a few helper sto look after the place. was gonna do something like it before a year so back but no one wanted to help..

pm me if interested - get enough feedback I'll set it up....

Old 05-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Came across another freebie site - www.itsinmyway.com - seems to be operating up Kildare direction though I suppose there's no reason not to use it for the People's Republic.
Still - wouldn't it make more sense to run something like this inside PROC website - since we all visit here now and then?
I saw a great system in Germany - the recycling centres have a nice covered dry building where you can leave furniture, computers, books, anything and they encourage people to come and take stuff away - being German of course the visitors don't rip everything apart and leave the place in a mess - I guess that's why they don't offer this in Irish recycling sites. .. ... In the US I saw similar operations and in NJ I saw covered but unattended bookshelves in railway stations where you could leave and take books to read on your trips to the city - very civilised.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Hi
www.itsinmyway.com is run from South Tipperary believe it or not, although it has its fair share of members from Kildare. The site has only been on the go for a couple of months but it was hoped originally that it would be of benefit to people in the Munster area. I suppose it's a matter of getting the word out there.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:43 AM

Biggest one I've heard of is:

www.jumbletown.ie
Old 21-03-2007, 02:37 PM

Default yes jumbletown works

I posted a lot of stuff (freebies) on jumbletown last night and most of it has been claimed by now - seems to be fair number of Munster people checking it frequently (and a few foreigners up Kildare and Dumpling direction too). Now if d'EchoPinko would go online too......
Old 09-04-2007, 03:06 PM

Thumbs up Have you checked out Add

Looks good, new site - www.add.ie