Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Lamps Lamps is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 21,903
Default Terry Venables and Handy Andy

I'll tell you wot, I'm fockin well happy with that if the FAI pull it off.

This is the dream ticket. Townsend was a fantastic player for Ireland, forget about the ITV stuff, he was a tough piece of work on the field and loved representing his country, just ask Franco Baresi.

Terry on the other hand is the man who should be england manager with the last 10 years. An excellent coach and a man with a plan, something which we have been lacking.

This could be fucking excellent for Ireland
__________________
INTERNET Artiste
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 26-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Rebelred Rebelred is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Corcaigh
Posts: 26,107
Default

Apres Match have enough material here for years of entertainment
__________________
Rogby Football explained
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26-11-2007, 12:34 PM
STEVIEG STEVIEG is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 42,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I'll tell you wot, I'm fockin well happy with that if the FAI pull it off.

This is the dream ticket. Townsend was a fantastic player for Ireland, forget about the ITV stuff, he was a tough piece of work on the field and loved representing his country, just ask Franco Baresi.

Terry on the other hand is the man who should be england manager with the last 10 years. An excellent coach and a man with a plan, something which we have been lacking.

This could be fucking excellent for Ireland
I've always liked El Tel and i reckon he has a certain charisma that we haven't had since Charlton, his charms could get the likes of Stephen Ireland in order
__________________
Free mixes downloads
http://djstevieg.podomatic.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Lamps Lamps is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 21,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelred View Post
Apres Match have enough material here for years of entertainment

they tick all the boxes
__________________
INTERNET Artiste
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26-11-2007, 12:57 PM
EDDIEB EDDIEB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,415
Default

This could be comedy heaven for Gift Grub and Apres Match untill the next World cup.

El-Tel & Andy "The boy did ever so well" Townsend.

Sheepskin overcoat heaven.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by POL View Post
Hitler never walked out on his country
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26-11-2007, 01:00 PM
RonnyB RonnyB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,175
Default

Lets get our dodgy hair colour in for the next WC lads.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actin The Sham View Post
Cork first, fuck everything else.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Roman Abramovich Roman Abramovich is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Deepest depths of frozen Siberia
Posts: 9,655
Default

i dont like el-tel.
not the manager that would make me get back into bed with the fai. But thats just a personal opinion. I think he can be lacking of ideas and when it comes to the crunch makes some bizarre changes and calls.

he was also the assistant to the shortest ever english manager.
ireland needs someone who can work with the underdog. Dont think el-tel is that at all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by liam2me View Post
read the whole thread then come back to me and tell me who's the 'daw' (WTF is a daw anyway?) actually don't bother.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26-11-2007, 01:06 PM
de mange de mange is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: dumpland
Posts: 13,616
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Abramovich View Post
i dont like el-tel.
not the manager that would make me get back into bed with the fai. But thats just a personal opinion. I think he can be lacking of ideas and when it comes to the crunch makes some bizarre changes and calls.

he was also the assistant to the shortest ever english manager.
ireland needs someone who can work with the underdog. Dont think el-tel is that at all.
i will be giving my seat back to the FAI if they appoint that clown
we need a man manager, not a fuckin wideboy
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Forsberg Forsberg is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: at a secret meeting in the basement of my brain
Posts: 6,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by de mange View Post
i will be giving my seat back to the FAI if they appoint that clown
we need a man manager, not a fuckin wideboy
Now I wouldn't be a fan of El Tel and certainly don't want him as new Ireland manager , but isn't man management what he's actually good at?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Rebel Yell Rebel Yell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 7,759
Default

Tel is a geezer, a character, a gold chain blingin bucketful of charisma type who can relate well to footballers and most people he interacts with...he has bugger all heart for a fight these days though and it will be a huge surprsie if he can take on this challenge and make a decent go of it...

However, he might just stick one of his Christmas trees up Stephen Ireland's backside and make the langer cop himself on...
__________________
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Ambassador to Spain...yariba yariba!!!

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 26-11-2007 at 02:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.