tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Stevie Wonder's - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-09-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Stevie Wonder's

new album.....whats the story with it? I have it pre-ordered for ages now, but has it gone on release yet or are play.com arsing around?...StevieG i'm lookin in your direction as a man in the know
Old 14-09-2005, 09:13 AM

It was about to be released a few months ago and it got pulled-apparently Motown et al weren't overly satisfied with it-The single was huge and did well but the rest of it musn't have been up to scratch.
Old 14-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEG
It was about to be released a few months ago and it got pulled-apparently Motown et al weren't overly satisfied with it-The single was huge and did well but the rest of it musn't have been up to scratch.
Cheers Stevie..any plans to re-work it or anything?
Old 14-09-2005, 02:09 PM

Presume he's doing that as we speak the guy fought for years to get creative control of his work so there's other factors i'd say!
Old 14-09-2005, 06:07 PM

I wonder if it would be possible to travel back in time, persuade him not to put 'Isn't She Lovely' on Songs In The Key.. and then shoot after it was released?
Thereby preserving his legacy by avoiding all the 'I Just Called...' shit and having the added benefit of saving me skipping the one nauseous track on an otherwise perfect album.
Old 15-09-2005, 10:22 AM

I agree with you about some of the 80's stuff but i think 'Isn't she Lovely" is a great track. I know it's a bit limp for some fans but i think it's a sincere track and i actually like the groove! Even allowing for that the guy didn't put a foot wrong in the 70's but like many soul guys the 80's were pretty bad.
Old 15-09-2005, 11:10 AM

My favourite Stevie tracks would be

1. He's Mister Know It All
2. We Can Work It Out
3. Boogie On Reggae Woman
4 All I Do

Come on Stevie, play some Stevie for me.
Old 15-09-2005, 11:20 AM

Wink

How about a well timed fillip for your Wonderbra United team
"Don't you worry bout a thing"
Old 15-09-2005, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIEG
How about a well timed fillip for your Wonderbra United team
"Don't you worry bout a thing"
Doesn't do it for me Stevie.

I mean "We can work it out" is surely just as appropiate.

PS whats it like seeing your melon on a back of a bus?
Old 15-09-2005, 11:22 AM

Default he delayed it first when ray charles died

and apparently its all his own doing, he keeps on changing his mind about it and going back over it. Speaking of isnt she lovely, he does a duet with aisha his daughter on it that he sang last year on oprah with her. His new single from the bottom of my heart is out now though and he's working on another one with Michael jackson for hurricane katrina, bear in mind, his wife just had another baby in may so his priorities are elsewhere no doubt . He has committed to finishing his tour with a massive gig in central park but he;s not committed to any dates yet?? though it was all originally expected to take place through out summer 2005.

None of it is down ot anyone else but himself though, its just him being the perfectionist he is, and people on his forum that have heard the songs he has played in his various appearances since ray charles died have said the songs are unreal