tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
For sale: Welcome to the peoples republic banner - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Buy or Sell
User Name
Password

Old 16-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Default For sale: Welcome to the peoples republic banner

Coming down the M8 around lunchtime, just befor ethe xit for Cahir, there was this massive vinyl banner on the overhead bridge saying "Welcome To the Peoples Republic" and underneath it said w ww.peoplesrepublicof cork.com

I took a little detour, and went up the exit removed the banner and placed it in the boot of my car. I also removed one facing the other way which bore the legend "You Are Now Leaving The Peoples Republic."

What am I bid for the pair?

Let's start at €5.

Any takers?

PM me.
Old 16-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Banned

Location: Eating breakfast 300 yards from 4000 Kerry Animals who are trained to kill me

Only wankers take down vinyl banners depicting the great nation that is cork.

You should be hung drawn and quartered for treason.
Old 16-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auch View Post

Here here. I call for the mod to trace his IP and a lynching party be organised.
Old 17-10-2009, 09:50 AM

I've got my bat ready to go!
Old 10-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by auch View Post

What about wankers who take down unauthorised litter, masquerading as an advertisement for a website?

Let's get one thing straight: this website, while entertaining, is not "Cork." It is merely a part of the wonderful melange that makes up this wonderful city and county.

Old 16-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

You couldn't make this shit up! I read this article:

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com...rticle&sid=899

and then posted this "for sale" thread.

Imagine my surrprise (and satisfaction) when I received a threatening email looking for it back!

Now, apart from the blatant attempt to drive traffic to this website by somehow trying to appropriate this wonderful county of ours with a listings website, they also make out that there are no "welcome to Cork signs" on our borders, despite the numerous "Welcome To Cork, Ireland's Largest County" signs devoid of advertising, posted on all of our national primary routes. One wonders when was the last time they drove back from Waterford, or Kerry, or Limerick for that matter.

Anyway, the M8 is a motorway, and as such has no "welcome to" signs at the various county boundaries along it's route. But this raises a deeper, darker issue, and it is this: the promoters of this website appear to believe that they have a monopoly on "Corkness."

They even refer to paying advertisers as "supporters." So "supporters" are above mild criticism, but other Corkonian media outlets are fair game, with their employees being referred to as "racist cunts" by posters on this website quite regularly. Worse, competitors of this websites advertisers are often held up to ridicule here with no action taken. This website calls itself "the people's republic of Cork." But back in 1986, when I bought a t-shirt bearing the legend "peoples republic of cork," as worn by legendary Echo boy "Robot" at the time, the internet didn't even exist not to mention this website. I think Morty McCarthy, in a television interview for Cathair Chorcai, shown on TG4 as part of Cork 2005 put it best when he said that "this whole peoples republic of Cork thing is embarrassing."

And apparently, this website, like all other advertising driven listings websites has unfortunately succumbed to the need to drive ratings and traffic up and has decided to belittle and mock our county and deride it's administrators in a cheap attempt to be controversial.

So who is supporting who?

And finally: I don't have the advertising banners for the website, I never had them, and I have no idea as to their whereabouts. I do know however that the NRA has a statutory responsibility to keep Motorways free from unauthorised advertising signs and other potential distractions which could have an impact on road safety. I am sure they will not be found wanting in this regard, particularly when this matter is brought to their attention.
Old 16-11-2009, 11:57 AM

I believe that the sensitive re-furbishment of the Bodega and the beautiful introduction of a bar and back bar from "Pubs or us" is a fantastic improvement.

Those PROC banners are embarassing and amateurish attention seeking rubbish from bored student types.
Old 16-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Barnes View Post
I believe that the sensitive re-furbishment of the Bodega and the beautiful introduction of a bar and back bar from "Pubs or us" is a fantastic improvement.

Those PROC banners are embarassing and amateurish attention seeking rubbish from bored student types.
I look forward to meeting you in the wilderness once we have both been banned.

Anyway, nice to see I'm not alone.

FYI Admin:

(IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!)
Old 16-11-2009, 12:12 PM

In reality and historically freedom of expression was supressed in all those great "Peoples Republics"
Old 16-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Boys Oh Boys Forum Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Barnes View Post
In reality and historically freedom of expression was supressed in all those great "Peoples Republics"