tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
General Election 2020 - Page 124 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: What will be the next government?
Fianna Fail overall majority 8 6.78%
Fine Gael overall majority 1 0.85%
Fianna Fail & Fine Gael coalition 14 11.86%
Fianna Fail & Sinn Fein coalition 23 19.49%
Fine Gael & Sinn Fein coalition 1 0.85%
Fianna Fail minority government (supported by Fine Gael) 16 13.56%
Fine Gael minority government (supported by Fianna Fail) 4 3.39%
Fianna Fail Coalition with multiple parties/independents 32 27.12%
Fine Gael Coalition with multiple parties/independents 7 5.93%
Sinn Fein Coalition with multiple parties/independents 12 10.17%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1231  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:11 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
Honestly - you have skirted around the real issue of delivering housing again, in favour of an essay on why it is needed. We all know that social housing is required in significant numbers, and we all know that it should be built densely, on government owned sites in areas with existing infrastructure. That it should be good quality is also a no brainer.

On quality - these units will be overseen and certified by consultants on behalf of the govt so I'm not quite sure why you think quality or whatever will be any different. Everyone works to the same regulations regardless of who you work for

You still haven't answered any of the questions about delivery which is the actual issue at hand here outside of political guff. Where there's a will there's a way is not good enough SoundY.. surely you understand that given the level of critique you have for FF and FGs proposals
Amazing how much stuff that you allege "we all know" were bones of contention only weeks ago. FG Minister who didn't know was supported in staying in position by FF.

Someone had mentioned poor quality housing in Priory Hall as though that would be the type of housing involved. It won't be but that's why I referenced the quality
Reply With Quote
  #1232  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:12 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballhopping View Post
Can't you see what's happening ,people are getting on early and will then vote if only to make a few bob.
Is it all a conspiracy by Paddy Power to have Sinn Fein candidates elected I wonder
Reply With Quote
  #1233  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:14 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
You are fake news. Stop twisting things to fit the SF playbook of always looking for an enemy.

Respect the Irish vote.
Yeah, imagine "twisting" things like looking for the peoples' voice to be heard in a poll but being decried as un-democratic for it
Reply With Quote
  #1234  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:20 PM
Drucker Drucker is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 15,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Yeah, imagine "twisting" things like looking for the peoples' voice to be heard in a poll but being decried as un-democratic for it
You are fake news.

Get enough seats in the forthcoming election and then you can pass the requisite legislation to enable a referendum.

Otherwise just shut the fuck up and respect the democratically expressed opinions of all of the people of this island.

Why do you hate Ireland so much?
Reply With Quote
  #1235  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Amazing how much stuff that you allege "we all know" were bones of contention only weeks ago. FG Minister who didn't know was supported in staying in position by FF.

Someone had mentioned poor quality housing in Priory Hall as though that would be the type of housing involved. It won't be but that's why I referenced the quality
are you going to keep meandering your way through touch-typed statements we already understand or are you going to actually engage with the claim by EOB/subject here?

How does any party on this island build 100,000 social housing units in 5 years from a standing start? EOB claims he can, I'd like to believe him. He has given no details I am aware of beyond 'A State building Agency' will do it. The totality of your plan is foreign labour and good will

I dont think its impossible, but I can see endless issues that are a mixture of bureaucracy, public procurement, government agencies, the industry itself, regulation etc etc that will dog any attempt to do things at the pace they need to be done at. I have outlined many of these and you have just responded with more explanations of why social housing is needed. Forgive me for not being even minimally convinced
Reply With Quote
  #1236  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:34 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
You are fake news.

Get enough seats in the forthcoming election and then you can pass the requisite legislation to enable a referendum.

Otherwise just shut the fuck up and respect the democratically expressed opinions of all of the people of this island.

Why do you hate Ireland so much?


The democratically expressed opinions of all the people of this island was in favour of the GFA which included a poll on reunification.

You're clearly a rattled shill if you think I hate Ireland. And you, like Trump, like to accuse others of being fake news - funny that.
Reply With Quote
  #1237  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:37 PM
Donald Trump Donald Trump is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The White House
Posts: 21,881
Default

Hey Soundy, as its election time and you’re canvassing full time, will you be on here for the weekend propaganding for S.F.?

Or do you only schill when the tax payer funds it?
Reply With Quote
  #1238  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:38 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
are you going to keep meandering your way through touch-typed statements we already understand or are you going to actually engage with the claim by EOB/subject here?

How does any party on this island build 100,000 social housing units in 5 years from a standing start? EOB claims he can, I'd like to believe him. He has given no details I am aware of beyond 'A State building Agency' will do it. The totality of your plan is foreign labour and good will

I dont think its impossible, but I can see endless issues that are a mixture of bureaucracy, public procurement, government agencies, the industry itself, regulation etc etc that will dog any attempt to do things at the pace they need to be done at. I have outlined many of these and you have just responded with more explanations of why social housing is needed. Forgive me for not being even minimally convinced
That's not the totality of the plan is not foreign labour and good will.
Part of the requirements for any government would be that the house building be part of the Program for Government. If FF or FG refuse to build the housing, that some are now trying to claim everyone (now) realises that's what's needed then that will be a red-line issue for SF.

And private landlords can squeal all they like about their reducing incomes but the houses need to be built.
And the political will from both/all Government parties will have to be focused on getting them built. It's one of the priorities Honky
Reply With Quote
  #1239  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:45 PM
Drucker Drucker is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 15,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
The democratically expressed opinions of all the people of this island was in favour of the GFA which included a poll on reunification.

You're clearly a rattled shill if you think I hate Ireland. And you, like Trump, like to accuse others of being fake news - funny that.

"Make Ireland a Nation Once Again."

"Get unity done."

You are fake news.

Why do you hate democracy?
Reply With Quote
  #1240  
Old 24-01-2020, 01:46 PM
Happyhonkaman Happyhonkaman is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 19,830
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
That's not the totality of the plan is not foreign labour and good will.
Part of the requirements for any government would be that the house building be part of the Program for Government. If FF or FG refuse to build the housing, that some are now trying to claim everyone (now) realises that's what's needed then that will be a red-line issue for SF.

And private landlords can squeal all they like about their reducing incomes but the houses need to be built.
And the political will from both/all Government parties will have to be focused on getting them built. It's one of the priorities Honky
ok, I'm out
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




The Alleycats

Reardens, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.