Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Who will win the big one?
Man City - 11/4 1 5.56%
Barcelona - 4/1 5 27.78%
Real Madrid - 9/2 2 11.11%
Bayern Munich - 9/2 5 27.78%
Juventus - 10/1 1 5.56%
Liverpool - 10/1 4 22.22%
Sevilla - 50/1 0 0%
Roma - 66/1 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 24-08-2017, 06:17 PM
gooner gooner is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: sometimes i wonder.
Posts: 6,284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
Your attempted jinxing is fooling nobody.
of course I hope they all lose every game but tbh I can't see any of them not getting into the last 16 .
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 24-08-2017, 06:45 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner View Post
of course I hope they all lose every game but tbh I can't see any of them not getting into the last 16 .
M8, this Dortmund team minus Dembele is still better than the Bayer Leverkusen team that dumped Spurs out last season. Spurs will have to achieve better results just to come second in this group.

Anybody know if the fixtures will be generated tonight?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 24-08-2017, 07:42 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14,110
Default

Fixtures are out. Go look em up.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 24-08-2017, 07:55 PM
rebelsrebel rebelsrebel is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
The usual suitcase of cash from United and Liverpool did the trick.
There's no gimme in Liverpool group. Russians away no walk and Sevilla ain't bad
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 24-08-2017, 08:21 PM
wat_boy wat_boy is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: cork city
Posts: 7,224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy O'Ranieri View Post
The usual suitcase of cash from United and Liverpool did the trick.
Used up all the VVD money
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 24-08-2017, 10:27 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsrebel View Post
There's no gimme in Liverpool group. Russians away no walk and Sevilla ain't bad
Yerrah.

Spurs took care of last year's Russian representative home and away, and Sevilla haven't been great in the CL in recent years.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:05 PM
marco 2005 marco 2005 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 19,736
Default

Celtic PSG tonight

The only time they met in Europe before that was in 95, in the cup's winner's cup in the last 16 round....PSG went on to win the cup

PSG had struggled to win the home leg (1 nil, courtesy of one of my all time favs, Youri Djorkaeff)....they were kinda shite back then and were struggling in the league....they had lost big players like Ginola, Weah, Ricardo, Valdo and had just replaced them with Djorkaeff, Loko, NGotty, Valdes

Guerin recently gave an interview about that game at Celtic Park, he still thinks this was the best atmosphere he witnessed and was very impressed by the reception his team got from the Scots....
__________________
POL on Ozil joining Arsenal: "lol, its like Higaiun all over again"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-09-2017, 01:20 PM
Donald Trump Donald Trump is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The White House
Posts: 9,236
Default

EL thread is that way Marco >>>>>>
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-09-2017, 02:01 PM
gooner gooner is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: sometimes i wonder.
Posts: 6,284
Default

Is there football on tonight 😊
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Lapsy Pa Lapsy Pa is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 25,374
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
Celtic PSG tonight

The only time they met in Europe before that was in 95, in the cup's winner's cup in the last 16 round....PSG went on to win the cup

PSG had struggled to win the home leg (1 nil, courtesy of one of my all time favs, Youri Djorkaeff)....they were kinda shite back then and were struggling in the league....they had lost big players like Ginola, Weah, Ricardo, Valdo and had just replaced them with Djorkaeff, Loko, NGotty, Valdes

Guerin recently gave an interview about that game at Celtic Park, he still thinks this was the best atmosphere he witnessed and was very impressed by the reception his team got from the Scots....
Rai played as well. Quality player.

Mahe played for PSG in that tie. Joined Celtic 2 years later
__________________
"Maybe if we were a cynical team somebody would have pulled your man down but I suppose that is not in our DNA." Jack O'Connor

48-0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.