tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Official NBA Thread - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-03-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coin View Post
One last non-NBA thing, anyone see O.J. Mayo's dunk in his last high school game? He got out on a fast break, threw it off the backboard from way out, caught it and rammed it through. Impressive. Unfortunately
1. His team was winning by 40, and there were only a few seconds left. Showboating when you're way up - classy.

2. He proceeded to heave the ball way up into the stands, getting himself ejected. Classier.

i saw that clip alright. they say he has a fierce attitude problem. another time a ref called a foul against him and he walked over and bumped the ref onto the ground. i presume he was ejected for that too.
Old 30-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
i saw that clip alright. they say he has a fierce attitude problem. another time a ref called a foul against him and he walked over and bumped the ref onto the ground. i presume he was ejected for that too.

Ya, apparantly he commited to playing for USC next year but after a meeting with the coach there , he wouldn't give them his phone no, basically saying, " Don't bother calling me , I'll get in touch with ye". He's supposed to be unreal though
Old 30-03-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsberg View Post
Ya, apparantly he commited to playing for USC next year but after a meeting with the coach there , he wouldn't give them his phone no, basically saying, " Don't bother calling me , I'll get in touch with ye". He's supposed to be unreal though
He was shite in the McDonalds High School All-America game though. Clearly the boys got talent but he is gonna really limit his options by earning himself this reputation. Apparently he wants to go the USC because it's a "two franchise town." Getting a bit too far ahead of himself there I'd say. For every Lebron there are a few Darkos and people will love to see a kid with this sort of attitude fail!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkt4YdLdXjM

That's the ref bumping incident. He should not have done it but jesus that ref makes Cristiano Ronaldo look stable on his feet!!!

-AmadeusDC-

Last edited by AmadeusDC; 30-03-2007 at 08:02 PM..
Old 02-04-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmadeusDC View Post
For every Lebron there are a few Darkos and people will love to see a kid with this sort of attitude fail!
In fairness, Darko was a bit of a moody bugger with a slight reputation for being lazy, who didn't settle in Detroit but is doing alright in Orlando. Mayo seems to just be a prick.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:46 PM

Anyone see the NCAA Basketball final last night. Florida won it comfortably in the end but it was still a game until about the last 4 or 5 minutes. Greg Oden was immense for Ohio State and seemed to be pretty much the only way they could score. They shot something like 4 for 27 from 3-point range and 2 of those 4 were when the game was pretty much over. If they had anyone with a hot hand outside of the paint it could have been very interesting. Florida on the other hand looked class and seemed to be able to score from everywhere Oden wasn't. They reminded me of the Detroit Pistons a couple of years ago in that every player on the court was a threat. Back to back Championships is some feat but I doubt they'll all be back for 3 in a row. It'll also be very interesting to see if Durant or Oden goes No.1 in the draft. Both look like stars but Oden added a lot to his resume performing so well under pressure last night.
An excellent NCAA tournament overall and definitely one of the more interesting and exciting sporting events of the year. -AmadeusDC-
Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmadeusDC View Post
It'll also be very interesting to see if Durant or Oden goes No.1 in the draft. Both look like stars but Oden added a lot to his resume performing so well under pressure last night.
The chances that someone else will go number 1 are pretty slim. Even if it happens that someone with a franchise centre ends up with the top pick (i.e. Memphis) they'll either trade the current guy or take Durant, who'll fit into any team.

A serious criminal conviction or a Tim Hardaway-esque rant are the only things that'll keep these guys out of the top 2. Personally I think Oden will go first, simply because they always go for the big guy.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:06 PM

according to cold pizza this morning three of the four florida starters eligible for next year all come from wealthy backrounds so the immediate cash windfall of the nba may not be as alluring. also conely jr from ohio state is insisting that he'll be in college again next year
Old 03-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
according to cold pizza this morning three of the four florida starters eligible for next year all come from wealthy backrounds so the immediate cash windfall of the nba may not be as alluring. also conely jr from ohio state is insisting that he'll be in college again next year
well Joakim Noah definitely does . I'd imagine his old man made a fortune over the years
Old 03-04-2007, 09:17 PM

what did his old man do?? it must have been his money that attracted the mother, a former miss sweden no less
Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
what did his old man do?? it must have been his money that attracted the mother, a former miss sweden no less
A tennis player

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yannick_Noah