tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Mary Lou must go ! - Page 7 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
Yea and 5 or 6 Labour rebels like Hoey and co. counterbalancing.
There are up to 50+ Tories though in reality and Hoey is a fruitloop sanctioned by her own constituency.

SF could shaft the DUP/Tories in one move by the mere suggestion of them taking their seats and destabilise the Govt. and the smell of blood from the opposition.

This could be played very cleverly without anyone taking any oath or leaving the island.
Old 27-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
I said if.........and are you telling me that if offered a coalition deal they will definitely say yes?
SF has already decided in an Ard Fheis that they are no longer averse to going into government as a junior partner (can't see them being senior partner for a while tbh). Just as long as negotiations go OK and I've no reason to believe they wont then I think that'll be the outcome of the next GE.

SF have sat in government with the DUP so FF or FG shouldn't be too much of an issue
Old 27-02-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
The maths are not there and I have advocated in the past that they should if it meant bringing in Corbyn as a one off but from there point of view it is a rubicon that simply can't be crossed.
May well be if enough Tory rebels vote against May. Probably only need 5 or 6 to bring down the government if SF get behind them.
Old 27-02-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Yea and 5 or 6 Labour rebels like Hoey and co. counterbalancing.
Only Hoey likely to go against a motion re "Customs Union". Rest will stay on board if some soft Brexit is proposed.
Old 27-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Banned

...it's blarney really, negotiations that herald more of the same the wise knowing full well that DisMay and her troops are flatlining and an unknown Corbyn Government in waiting unless the unwise again upset the applecart as with say Brexit,meanwhile the DUP would do well to secure the dough squeezed out of May's sphincter, this, one would hope might be their last hurrah at pawning power.
Old 27-02-2018, 04:37 PM

TARRED and FEATHERED
Old 27-02-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
* a pain in the h*le you say?
yes, she is

Quote:
Is she any more so than many other politicians of various parties? I don't think so.
yes, she is

Quote:
I was impressed with her ability to react to situations, think on her feet, formulate and express her standpoint. Now I won't say I agree with her on everything, but I certainly would find her more personable than GA and Mehole both of whom I've met on a number of occasions.
For whiney she's in the hapenny place compared to the likes of Joan Burton or Alan Kelly for instance.
She is right up there with the greatest whiners this country has had to endure, if that makes her equally annoying as others you mention then so be it

Quote:
What do you envisage happening SF if they become a junior partner in government. Do you think they'd fare better or worse than the current junior partner FF?
no idea, despite what you think I wouldn't be adverse to them being a junior partner as I don't blindly support any party and can see positives in SF. I think they would have a strength and resolve that the others before FF didn't have and could endure the process. If they played their hands well, secured the right ministries they could go a very long way to providing the kind of resistance and alternatives that the current government is missing. Politics here is just a mush of the same business lead centrist shite in general, FF only kick up a fuss when they sense an electoral opportunity, so there is definitely a place for more social thinking
Old 27-02-2018, 04:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
yes, she is

yes, she is

She is right up there with the greatest whiners this country has had to endure, if that makes her equally annoying as others you mention then so be it

no idea, despite what you think I wouldn't be adverse to them being a junior partner as I don't blindly support any party and can see positives in SF. I think they would have a strength and resolve that the others before FF didn't have and could endure the process. If they played their hands well, secured the right ministries they could go a very long way to providing the kind of resistance and alternatives that the current government is missing. Politics here is just a mush of the same business lead centrist shite in general, FF only kick up a fuss when they sense an electoral opportunity, so there is definitely a place for more social thinking

..."social thinking" you say, begorrah now that will baffle us most if not all.

That wouldn't be anything like 'lateral thinking' would it? Or 'box clever'? Or even pragmatism?
Old 18-03-2018, 02:04 PM
Banned

http://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-m...11174-Mar2018/
Sinn Féin gets Mary Lou bounce in latest opinion poll

SINN FÉIN HAS seen a three-point bounce in the first opinion poll taken since Mary Lou McDonald was elected leader.

The latest Sunday Times/Behaviour and Attitudes poll shows the party is on 19% of public support, up three points.

Fianna Fáil has seen a two point rise, up to 27%, while Fine Gael is down four to 32%.

Others and independents are on 10% (+1), the Labour Party is up one to 6%, the Independent Alliance is down one to 3% and the Green Party is up one to 2%. Solidarity/PBP is down two to 1% of support.

While support for Fine Gael is down, satisfaction with the government is up 2 points to 50%. Taoiseach Leo Varadkar’s personal satisfaction is up four points to 59%. Fianna Fáil leader Micheal Martin is also up, five points to 55%.

McDonald’s personal satisfaction up seven points to 46%. Labour’s Brendan Howlin has dropped one point to 44%.
Old 18-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Banned

the terrible saddness oc a party is to promise what it cannot s
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
http://www.thejournal.ie/sinn-fein-m...11174-Mar2018/
Sinn Féin gets Mary Lou bounce in latest opinion poll

SINN FÉIN HAS seen a three-point bounce in the first opinion poll taken since Mary Lou McDonald was elected leader.

The latest Sunday Times/Behaviour and Attitudes poll shows the party is on 19% of public support, up three points.

Fianna Fáil has seen a two point rise, up to 27%, while Fine Gael is down four to 32%.

The terrible promise is not being able to surrender it's promise... the reality is the Banks set the tenor even now in disgrace.

Look, have not two bob together to rub but if you lend me two maybe we will have shilling...I have no amount of people whilom pay for your gamble, you are smarter youth think...welcome to Eire.

Others and independents are on 10% (+1), the Labour Party is up one to 6%, the Independent Alliance is down one to 3% and the Green Party is up one to 2%. Solidarity/PBP is down two to 1% of support.

While support for Fine Gael is down, satisfaction with the government is up 2 points to 50%. Taoiseach Leo Varadkar’s personal satisfaction is up four points to 59%. Fianna Fáil leader Micheal Martin is also up, five points to 55%.

McDonald’s personal satisfaction up seven points to 46%. Labour’s Brendan Howlin has dropped one point to 44%.