tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Copenhagen - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM
jeepers jeepers is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: livin' for the lotto
Posts: 14,106
Default

Had a great time. Excellent spot
Tivoli gardens great fun.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 23-10-2014, 12:10 PM
D'oriel D'oriel is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Making Love To My Ego
Posts: 28,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBJ View Post
A side-trip up to Helsinore (home of the Hamlet Castle) is also to be recommended. If you like you can take a short ferry trip to Helsinborg in Sweden. You can tell the Swedes from the Danes as they are the ones going over to buy booze in Helsinore.
Would love to got there. I love hamlet.




So, I'm going to meetings in Copenhagen in late November.
I'll probably have only Tuesday evening free. Maybe Thursday evening if I skip out of the second work dinner.

So, at night, what's worth seeing?? Hardly Tivoli?
I guess down by the castle might be pretty?

Ugh.

Maybe I should just take a half day at work and fly on the Tuesday morning instead so I can actually see some of the city.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
With luck you will be caught by the Isis lads next time you are out to save the world.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 30-10-2014, 12:01 PM
jeepers jeepers is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: livin' for the lotto
Posts: 14,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'oriel View Post
Would love to got there. I love hamlet.




So, I'm going to meetings in Copenhagen in late November.
I'll probably have only Tuesday evening free. Maybe Thursday evening if I skip out of the second work dinner.

So, at night, what's worth seeing?? Hardly Tivoli?
I guess down by the castle might be pretty?

Ugh.

Maybe I should just take a half day at work and fly on the Tuesday morning instead so I can actually see some of the city.
Tivoli is at its best at night. I absolutely loved it. Looks magical all lit up. Go on some of the higher faster rides, you get a crazy upside down view of the city.
__________________
All the bees are ded.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-11-2014, 02:41 PM
D'oriel D'oriel is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Making Love To My Ego
Posts: 28,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
Go on some of the higher faster rides, you get a crazy upside down view of the city.
Um, jeepers...

Probably not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
With luck you will be caught by the Isis lads next time you are out to save the world.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 PM
poulgorm poulgorm is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,638
Default

The deepest impression Copenhagen made on me was the sheer aggression of the cyclists.

They would mow you down.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-11-2014, 03:35 PM
jeepers jeepers is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: livin' for the lotto
Posts: 14,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'oriel View Post
Um, jeepers...

Probably not.
OK then, but still go. Place is really loverly at night time.
__________________
All the bees are ded.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-11-2014, 11:07 AM
outdagap outdagap is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
OK then, but still go. Place is really loverly at night time.
Even nicer at Christmas time for kids.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-11-2014, 01:57 PM
jeepers jeepers is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: livin' for the lotto
Posts: 14,106
Default

She's too chicken.
__________________
All the bees are ded.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 28-11-2014, 02:17 PM
D'oriel D'oriel is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Making Love To My Ego
Posts: 28,486
Default

Total wuss.


BUT I spent yesterday evening there.

Fecking fantastic.

I had a completely different expectation.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 29-11-2014, 10:30 PM
jeepers jeepers is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: livin' for the lotto
Posts: 14,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'oriel View Post
Total wuss.


BUT I spent yesterday evening there.

Fecking fantastic.

I had a completely different expectation.
Brilliant! I knew you'd like it. Hard to describe it apart from being magical.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




Bog The Donkey

Reardens, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼







All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.