tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Are Fianna Fail finished ? - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-02-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelicecreamman View Post
It seems the FF snakes in the grass ... the criminal, willful, incompetent and corrupt mismanagement .... typical deliberate confusion of the events ...
Well, it's good to see well reasoned argument supported by fact and not influenced by emotion or prejudice.

Quote:
... EVERY .. rebuttal delivered by Richard Bruton ... pointed out the grevious folly of runaway public spending based ... on transactional taxes based on the construction sector.
Hmm, strangely I missed these particular speaches by Mr Bruton, just as I missed your links to them!
Old 27-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyevitch View Post
In fact, Joe Higgins et al were predicting this property crash in Ireland well in advance, and internationally were predicting the global crash.

Don't try this "we all partied" bullshit.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Senior PROC Member

The party is finished. Numerous regeneration proposals and initiatives have not been taken up by Mount St or the leader. The party is in serious debt such that it will find it hard to fight the locals in 18 months time. The proposals for reform at the Ard Fheis are tweaking the Corú agus Rialacha for the existing membership which as rebelice correctly says will never go above 18%. There is no apology. No leadership. No acknowledgement to the electorate of their opinion of the party. No new ideas, no core values, no policy platform. And that's just on the inside.

On the outside the electorate equate FF with a hatred never before seen in Irish politics. They are electorally untouchable......... ...the demographic which continues to vote for them is 40+ and would always vote FF.

I would add this though. While the country obviously has been massively let down by the party which has led the country for 75-80% of the state's history - genuinely, the membership of the cumainn and comhairlí Dáil up and down the country are livid with what the grandees at the top of the party and in Mount St have done. There is a genuine and real disconnect between the membership, now dwindling and the top of the party. While this is of little relevance to the other 82% of voters, if you are one of those people who have given their time and effort to FF (the ordinary member now, not the developer / Galway tent set) - you are pretty pissed off right now and that will be very evident at the Ard Fheis. This is why the membership is on the wain.

There are those within the party who believe they will be back in power after the next election. The level of delusion involved is scary.

To be clear, this post is intended to address the thread subject as a statement of reality - not to pass comment as to whether or not people should give a shit.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcaigh32 View Post
The party is finished. Numerous regeneration proposals and initiatives have not been taken up by Mount St or the leader. The party is in serious debt such that it will find it hard to fight the locals in 18 months time. The proposals for reform at the Ard Fheis are tweaking the Corú agus Rialacha for the existing membership which as rebelice correctly says will never go above 18%. There is no apology. No leadership. No acknowledgement to the electorate of their opinion of the party. No new ideas, no core values, no policy platform. And that's just on the inside.

On the outside the electorate equate FF with a hatred never before seen in Irish politics. They are electorally untouchable......... ...the demographic which continues to vote for them is 40+ and would always vote FF.

I would add this though. While the country obviously has been massively let down by the party which has led the country for 75-80% of the state's history - genuinely, the membership of the cumainn and comhairlí Dáil up and down the country are livid with what the grandees at the top of the party and in Mount St have done. There is a genuine and real disconnect between the membership, now dwindling and the top of the party. While this is of little relevance to the other 82% of voters, if you are one of those people who have given their time and effort to FF (the ordinary member now, not the developer / Galway tent set) - you are pretty pissed off right now and that will be very evident at the Ard Fheis. This is why the membership is on the wain.

There are those within the party who believe they will be back in power after the next election. The level of delusion involved is scary.

To be clear, this post is intended to address the thread subject as a statement of reality - not to pass comment as to whether or not people should give a shit.
You're level of obsession with that shagging tent is what's scary
Old 27-02-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langeroo View Post

Hmm, strangely I missed these particular speaches by Mr Bruton, just as I missed your links to them!
Denial.

Brutons speeches are all on dail record. Matter of cold hard fact.
Old 27-02-2012, 10:48 PM
Senior PROC Member

I'd say that's the first time I have posted about it.

Now the rest of the post..............am I wrong?
Old 27-02-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Denial.

Brutons speeches are all on dail record. Matter of cold hard fact.
Sure are, just can't find the one where he said raise taxes and cut spending!
Old 27-02-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:

exibit a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMagic View Post
Fianna Fáil are not finished and you all know it yourselves
great post by the way corcaigh.
Old 27-02-2012, 11:06 PM

Quote:
I'd say that's the first time I have posted about it.

Now the rest of the post..............am I wrong?
As regards the rest of your post, I 'd just say to you that FG and Labour are no different - are being shown more and more to be no different. SF have idiotic economic policies based on fantasy! The far let heads like Claire Daly, Joe Higgins and Boyd Barrett are living in cloud cuckoo land.

My question to you would be what difference is there between the government now and that of 12 months ago, other than the obvious stronger majority in numbers??
Old 27-02-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMagic View Post
My question to you would be what difference is there between the government now and that of 12 months ago, other than the obvious stronger majority in numbers??
The type of people involved in the current government are at a different end of the spectrumcompletely to the previous one in respect of ability ,decency ,respectability intelligence and patriotism.