tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Japan This Summer - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Travel Forum
User Name
Password

Old 24-02-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allergic! View Post
Tokyo. Marco, aren't you the guy in the Rap francais thread? Your boy dj Cam is here on March 26th. I'm sure there's a few threads on Tokyo already.
yup, that'd be me! nice one!

we're leaving Cork on March 23rd so Dj Cam would definetly be a nice gig to check out! Last time i saw him was in France in 97 or 98.

Got to see if Kentaro and Krush also have gigs scheduled while we're there.

Really, really looking forward to that holiday
Old 24-02-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco 2005 View Post
yup, that'd be me! nice one!

we're leaving Cork on March 23rd so Dj Cam would definetly be a nice gig to check out! Last time i saw him was in France in 97 or 98.

Got to see if Kentaro and Krush also have gigs scheduled while we're there.

Really, really looking forward to that holiday
Hmmm, Krush is doing an extra long set this weekend so it's doubtful. Looks like Kentaro is on tour in Oz/Nz.

BUT the night of Cam, GAGLE my fave Japanese hip hop group are supporting AND Mitsu the beats so it'll be epic! I've never seen Cam.
Old 24-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, Krush is doing an extra long set this weekend so it's doubtful. Looks like Kentaro is on tour in Oz/Nz.

BUT the night of Cam, GAGLE my fave Japanese hip hop group are supporting AND Mitsu the beats so it'll be epic! I've never seen Cam.
Hah, its a shame, i just checked Krush's official website, he's on tour with Wax Tailor and will play 1 gig in Osaka on April 9th and 1 in Tokyo on the 10th, we'll be leaving on April the 6th.

I have never seen him play but he's on my "to see list", i just love his stuff and would have loved to see him play in his hometown, another time maybe!

Cool, never heard of either Gagle or Mitsu before, i'll check them out then.
Old 24-02-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Hah, its a shame, i just checked Krush's official website, he's on tour with Wax Tailor and will play 1 gig in Osaka on April 9th and 1 in Tokyo on the 10th, we'll be leaving on April the 6th.

I have never seen him play but he's on my "to see list", i just love his stuff and would have loved to see him play in his hometown, another time maybe!

Cool, never heard of either Gagle or Mitsu before, i'll check them out then.
Mitsu is in Gagle but he does his own stuff seperately. I psoted some shit in the Rap Francais thread I think.

Shit, Krush is playing Yellow/Eleven on the 10th. Wow! Giles petereson is there on April 3rd if you're into him. Seen Krush at a festival here a few months ago. He's a little dark for me to be honest but he's got mad skills. He had this guy on stage for the whole set, tap-dancing out the beat while he span. Never seen anything like it.
Old 24-02-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Mitsu is in Gagle but he does his own stuff seperately. I psoted some shit in the Rap Francais thread I think.

Shit, Krush is playing Yellow/Eleven on the 10th. Wow! Giles petereson is there on April 3rd if you're into him. Seen Krush at a festival here a few months ago. He's a little dark for me to be honest but he's got mad skills. He had this guy on stage for the whole set, tap-dancing out the beat while he span. Never seen anything like it.
Just listened to the 2 Gagle and the Nujabes tunes you posted in the rap francais thread, they're quite good.

Do you know if tickets need to be bought in advane for that Cam gig?
Old 24-02-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Susser View Post
Rightio folks, All booked - Going to Japan for 6 weeks from the start of June to the middle of July.
Cheap flights?
Old 24-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Just listened to the 2 Gagle and the Nujabes tunes you posted in the rap francais thread, they're quite good.

Do you know if tickets need to be bought in advane for that Cam gig?
I doubt it will sell out but it's cheaper if you have a flyer. Clubs are expensive here by the way, just so you know.It's 500 yen cheaper if you go here
http://taicoclub.com/?p=459
Halfway down the page under the So very show flyer, click the button. That's a download of the flyer
Old 25-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Senior PROC Member

A good thing to do would be to go into a shop that sells whale meat and complain.
Old 26-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I doubt it will sell out but it's cheaper if you have a flyer. Clubs are expensive here by the way, just so you know.It's 500 yen cheaper if you go here
http://taicoclub.com/?p=459
Halfway down the page under the So very show flyer, click the button. That's a download of the flyer
thanks again, just printed 2 out.

Going to buy the rail pass over the weekend and start planning the trip a little bit
Old 03-03-2010, 08:12 AM

Cool, will let me know if you've any questions