Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3671  
Old 27-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Cloudy O'Ranieri Cloudy O'Ranieri is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarkand View Post
Hope you're right but the 15(?) non-winning streak was less than a year ago.
It was last season (16/17). That's all you need to know, and forget.
Reply With Quote
  #3672  
Old 28-01-2018, 03:14 AM
Con Merchant Con Merchant is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 510
Default

you can tell winter is over and warm weather has arrived , wolves won again
Reply With Quote
  #3673  
Old 30-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Super Billy Davies Super Billy Davies is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sitting in my underpants eating Meanies watching Jerry Springer repeats
Posts: 9,529
Default

Hammered at home by Preston. Absolutely appalling.

Villa won late-on at Bramall Lane. Direby drew. Hopefully Villa go up with Wolves and Direby bomb out in the play-offs.
Reply With Quote
  #3674  
Old 31-01-2018, 12:11 AM
BBJ BBJ is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The town of the hurdled ford
Posts: 2,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Billy Davies View Post
Hammered at home by Preston. Absolutely appalling.

Villa won late-on at Bramall Lane. Direby drew. Hopefully Villa go up with Wolves and Direby bomb out in the play-offs.
Yes, disappointing result for you, Billy.
Villa seem to have ground it out tonight and if they can keep it up, might even make that automatic promotion spot.
Here's hoping.
Reply With Quote
  #3675  
Old 02-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Con Merchant Con Merchant is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con Merchant View Post
wolves are falling apart,,,,,,,,again
only 12 ahead of Villa now
we have closed the gap by 5 points in the last week alone
do that in Feb and march ,beat them at Villa park
and Villa will be top of the league and Champions
the gap is 11 now , they have a tough match against sheffield utd
we have burton at home , guaranteed 3 points
the gap could be 8 at 5pm on saturday but more likely to be 9
we have won 5 on the trot and they still have to come to Villa Park
time to start believing BBJ
Reply With Quote
  #3676  
Old 02-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Super Billy Davies Super Billy Davies is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sitting in my underpants eating Meanies watching Jerry Springer repeats
Posts: 9,529
Default

Can't believe Warnock spunked £6m on Gary Madine.
Reply With Quote
  #3677  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:48 PM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Billy Davies View Post
Can't believe Warnock spunked £6m on Gary Madine.
Not the most graceful, but he knows where the net is. 10 goals in a struggling Bolton side is commendable.

At least Cardiff are having a go. £6m will be peanuts if they go up.

Villa brought in Grabban. Derby signed Jerome. Fulham, Mitrovic. Wolves made Jota permanent.

Leeds? An 19 year old that played half an hour for West Brom. Probably a nice signing for the future, but other than a fat, unfit, injury-prone, lumbering German guy on loan, we have no one up front. Another season wasted.
Reply With Quote
  #3678  
Old 02-02-2018, 11:54 PM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
Not the most graceful, but he knows where the net is. 10 goals in a struggling Bolton side is commendable.

At least Cardiff are having a go. £6m will be peanuts if they go up.

Villa brought in Grabban. Derby signed Jerome. Fulham, Mitrovic. Wolves made Jota permanent.

Leeds? An 19 year old that played half an hour for West Brom. Probably a nice signing for the future, but other than a fat, unfit, injury-prone, lumbering German guy on loan, we have no one up front. Another season wasted.
ian harte put the boot into the club on twitter tonight
re the farcical u23 setup,
Reply With Quote
  #3679  
Old 03-02-2018, 12:04 AM
shez1987 shez1987 is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmym View Post
ian harte put the boot into the club on twitter tonight
re the farcical u23 setup,
He might have worded it better, but I take his point.

Really beginning to dislike this Orta guy and the Director Of Football set-up. It looks like he is trying a version of the 'moneyball' approach. Recruit young foreigners on the cheap, send them out on loan to develop, gradually introduce them to the Leeds first team and sell at a profit.

Grand, but what about the first team and getting results now?
Reply With Quote
  #3680  
Old 03-02-2018, 12:47 AM
jimmym jimmym is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
He might have worded it better, but I take his point.

Really beginning to dislike this Orta guy and the Director Of Football set-up. It looks like he is trying a version of the 'moneyball' approach. Recruit young foreigners on the cheap, send them out on loan to develop, gradually introduce them to the Leeds first team and sell at a profit.

Grand, but what about the first team and getting results now?
My thoughts exactly,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.