tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Favourite beer cans on a night in? - Page 6 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 19-05-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The High King View Post
Cant say i agree Jimmy m8.
Perlenbacher is the only nice cheap beer in lidl Ive had.
Must check it out next time.
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Gent View Post
4%. Haven't tried Perlenbacher.
Ok, cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy the Gent View Post
4%. Haven't tried Perlenbacher.
4%

Shur thats hardly even alcohol m8.
Old 19-05-2020, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I had an IPA at the weekend that had an aroma of cat's piss, tom cat's piss at that, the worst kind!

It didn't taste too bad though.
Brilliant. I was in town in January and tried a IPA. I smelt like the missus perfume and tasted like it too.

Told herself she should just use southern comfort.

Much cheaper than usual perfume and tastes lot better
Old 19-05-2020, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fisherman View Post
i used drink this for years. fine beer and dirt cheap ( at the time anyway). got a bit to much for me as i got older so now i drink bottles of bud.. although i wouldn't touch a pint of bud lager when im out. i have it real , real cold from my fridge, so cold the bottles are almost white.... when i get a bottle of bud in town they are never cold enough and taste manky.
You do realise that the colder you make the beer the less you taste it right? So really all you are saying is that bud is manky shit, but if you chill it to the point of nearly feezing it’s grand! Same applies to all shite beers and white wines

It’s been a good while since I drank a can of beer, but I don’t drink much beer at home anyway so it really doesn’t bother me much, prefer a bottle if I do have one
Old 19-05-2020, 11:17 PM
PROC Member

Why can when you can glass?

Smithwicks.
Old 20-05-2020, 04:58 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
You do realise that the colder you make the beer the less you taste it right? So really all you are saying is that bud is manky shit, but if you chill it to the point of nearly feezing it’s grand! Same applies to all shite beers and white wines

It’s been a good while since I drank a can of beer, but I don’t drink much beer at home anyway so it really doesn’t bother me much, prefer a bottle if I do have one
They're falling over themselves to prove their salt of the earth credentials. It's no different to being a snob; same level of wankerdom ideology.
Old 20-05-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantOfEnnis View Post
Has anyone had a can of Murphys recently?

Super Valu haven't had them for a while, but I found a few in Carry Out. It tasted shocking, I had a look at the can and it said it was made in Scotland and imported.

Wtf is going on there? Murphys, the Cork stout, being made in Scotland and exported to Cork?
Maybe it’s brewed in Cork and canned in Scotland?
Old 20-05-2020, 09:11 AM
Senior PROC Member

I think I understand part of the issue now. You lads, mostly being unbending hopeless Irish binge drinking types, go for quantity over quality most of the time. You see fellas saying, "I had a rake a cans last night". A small part might be due to age as well. When I was younger I too would have just been pouring shite down me neck.

Now though I'll look for a small brewery, decent product and pay a little more for it rather than buy the big company shite. I do have a go-to lager for when I just want to have a simple beer preparing the dinner. It's a local job called Battin. Does the trick, harmless.

But if I want something a bit different I'll have one or two (literally) bottles or cans of daycinnnt beer. Same if I'm in a bar. I'll experiment with an old Imperial Stout or something instead of having loads of shit lager.

All that said, I remember the last time I was passing through Amsterdam airport, they have a lovely little Heineken bar. Tasted lovely, so it did. I got the vibe you'd get from Guinness in a Dublin pub. Tasted fresher or something.

Go on, back to yere Dutch Gold/Mould.

No comment.
Old 20-05-2020, 09:13 AM
Senior PROC Member

Yeah, you are a victim of marketing m8.