tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Either/or answers that reveal a lot about a person - Page 17 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 15-05-2020, 08:56 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantOfEnnis View Post
Anyone else into INXS?

I was watching the HIGNFY episode with Paula Yates last night, a classic. It's been taken down from Youtube but the internet never forgets.
Saw them live, they were unreal. He was a fantastic front man.
Old 15-05-2020, 08:56 PM
Senior PROC Member

Need you tonight is a decent tune.
Old 15-05-2020, 08:58 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great-Bit-O-Stuff View Post
Saw them live, they were unreal. He was a fantastic front man.

You saw them live?! Fucking class, where was that?

When an artist like that passes away, the people who got to see them live really have something unique.

Never tear us apart, Mystify, Don't Change, The Stairs... All absolutely cracking songs. He had some swagger about him. I love the scene in Father Ted when Jack is talking about him. "I battered him!"
Old 15-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerchantOfEnnis View Post
You saw them live?! Fucking class, where was that?

When an artist like that passes away, the people who got to see them live really have something unique.

Never tear us apart, Mystify, Don't Change, The Stairs... All absolutely cracking songs. He had some swagger about him. I love the scene in Father Ted when Jack is talking about him. "I battered him!"
Feile in Thurles in the 90s, yes I'm old. They were headlining one night. The energy and everything was brilliant. I always remembered that gig. It was a tragedy how he died, so young and talented.

Edit, I was only about 15/16.
Old 15-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great-Bit-O-Stuff View Post
Feile in Thurles in the 90s, yes I'm old. They were headlining one night. The energy and everything was brilliant. I always remembered that gig. It was a tragedy how he died, so young and talented.

You know, when I was watching the Paula Yates thing last night I ended up looking up the family, and I used the word tragic. Hutchence, Yates, Peaches Geldof. It's all just a very sad story.

I remember seeing that they had played in Thurles, mental. Gonna throw on a few songs of theirs now, once the James Taylor and Pretenders tunes I have queued up are finished.
Old 15-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The High King View Post
You were in your early 20s listening to loveless which came out in 1991 but you're not in your 50s?

We can be anything we want to be!
I said I was in my early 20s during the 1990s, I didn't say what age I was when Loveless came out.

I can remember the 1978 World Cup Final too, I hope that titbit doesn't make your head explode.

Old 15-05-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
I said I was in my early 20s during the 1990s, I didn't say what age I was when Loveless came out.

I can remember the 1978 World Cup Final too, I hope that titbit doesn't make your head explode.

No m8, it doesnt.
However it just compounds the fact that you're in your 50s and you're rattled out of your mind that you've exposed yourself as a old man.

Old 15-05-2020, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
On campus at the great Penn State in the late 90s I was a apostle of your boys and girl, Pulp. I spread the news and you have not lived until you have seen 500 coeds getting ready for Rage Against the Machine slam but on twinkles Common People and they loved it. I love early 90s Grunge despite your misgivings (Ash are just a irish bogger attempt at Grunge) Nevermind and Ten are brilliant classic albums that shifted popular culture across the globe - radiohead, Britpop as a whole, Chilli Peppers, Sublime, Dre's the Chronic, the Breeders, James, STP, Mazzy Star, Liz Phair, Jeff Buckley, Tom Petty's Wildflowers, nas, biggy there was so much to like in the 90's if you had an open mind and a little taste. I also love classic Americana like Dylan, the Band, the Dead, early Bruce etc.

👍🏻
You can't beat classic American groups in general.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
👍🏻
You can't beat classic American groups in general.
Thanks lee, you are a gentleman and a man of taste. I apologize for any mean things I said about you over the years. If you are ever over in Pennsylvania you are welcome at the Roundy household.
Old 15-05-2020, 11:46 PM

Stop talking about american things.