tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official Ryder Cup 2012 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 27-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Default Official Ryder Cup 2012

so ye ether are lazy buggers in here or you were all waiting for me to put a thread up on it. thank you lads.

anyway, ryder cup being played in Medinah Country Club (Medinah, Illinois)

so we have our european team

rory,
garcia
g-mac
lawrie
rose
Molinari
donald
westwood
peter hanson
Martin Kaymer
Nicolas Colsaerts-rookie
Poulter.

now, there's rumours going around that Kaymer might be standing aside and for some reason people are talking about putting harrington, fair enough 3 time major winner. but he's playing meh. and there are better players than him at the moment

at the moment for the u.s.a side

woods
watson
dufner-rookie
simpson-rookie
johnson
kucher-rookie
mickelson
bradley.-rookie

u.s.a have 4 wild card picks, my guess is furyk nick watney, maybe ricky fowler.

come on europe
Old 27-08-2012, 06:58 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Been a while since there has been no Irish players in the squad.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Can't fuckin wait for this.

Drove through Crumlin on the way home today and the EU flags were hanging from the window. There was a 06-D Yaris with those flag mirror sock things, one with Jean Claude Trichet's face in the centre of the circle and the other with Herman van Rompuy's.

Good luck to all involved.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:03 PM

got me ryder cup bomber jacket over the weekend. up europe
Old 27-08-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbabe08 View Post
there's rumours going around that Kaymer might be standing aside and for some reason people are talking about putting harrington, fair enough 3 time major winner. but he's playing meh. and there are better players than him at the moment
Did u make that up and why would he step aside and what other players are better than 3times major winner paddy ? Paddy has won more majors than colsaerts has made cuts on. Paddy had 2 sub 70 rounds at the weekend, one of them being a 64. Give him the credit he deserves, he must be the most likely choice if there was another place available. If kaymer or anyone else pulled out I would guess the next highest on the list would be bumped up a place
Old 27-08-2012, 07:16 PM

Location: Living in a candy jail Peppermint bars Peanut brittle bunk beds and marshmallow walls

Jose said Harrington was nowhere near the wildcard picks so cant see him getting in.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:18 PM

Should golf really be discussed in the Sports Forum?

I'd nearly put it in the current affairs before the sports forum.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:21 PM

i did not make that up, i read that in one of the papers today. i give harrington a load of credit. i know he's a 3 time major winner (i was there for one of them) and yeah he had a great weekend and he was leading at one point, but Olazabal said last week he needed to win last weekend in order to convince him to be picked.

at the moment there are better players who are playing better than harrington.

pity really Carl Petterson is not playing in europe, because the way he's playing he would have definitely got in.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:40 PM

I also heard talk of Kaymer stepping aside on the Newstalk golf podcast 2/3 weeks ago. They spoke of how Olazabal himself once asked to be left out of a morning fourball as his game was in bad shape, but they reckoned this would be the first time anyone has asked to be left out of the team altogether. Talk is he is not at all happy with his game at present.

Paddy can feel slightly hard-done by but at the same time his past Ryder cup record is below average and he simply didn't come near enough to automatically qualifying.
Old 27-08-2012, 07:57 PM

i believe there was another person who dropped out from the ryder cup team, but no one has mentioned who.