NFL Thread - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 17-08-2007, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior View Post
I'll go for the Patriots.
Brady, Brown and Moss will be so frigging sick this year, I can't wait.
Old 18-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Alright lads, long time no talk.
1) Wtf chance, loving the new signature!
2) Forsberg, get that fantasy football going. Im in!
3) Colts look horrible, but have we not learned never to write them off!?

Pre season has a few stories so far, but the sadest is Mike alsott's almost certain retirement due to a neck injury. How are the Broncos looking do ya think Fors?

chance and thomas, eagles predictions?

as for the Colts, i think we all know they'll be in Arizona come Febuary......ahem... ..
Old 18-08-2007, 01:20 PM

Was Mike Alstott still with the Buccs or did he move? I remeber him from playing Madden used to always trade for him and Tony Gonzalez!
Old 18-08-2007, 01:30 PM

Alsott has been with the Bucs since 1996 and is their leading TD scorer of all time, 2nd highest yards and 3rd highest receptions, all from FB. He's the biggest fan favourite down in Tampa. Trading him for TG is still a good deal, seeing as TG is freakin quality!

Chris Cooley is the new Mike Alsott really, though Cooley should never really be compared to anyone seeing as he's so good. FB is an odd position and largely go unused from some teams, i.e. the Colts with Mungro or like the Chargers do, use Neill as protection for LT and get very few carries himself. Anyone know if Patrick Pass stayed with The Pats? He's a fantastic recieving FB!
Old 18-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixes View Post
On its way
Old 18-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:

Pre season has a few stories so far, but the sadest is Mike alsott's almost certain retirement due to a neck injury. How are the Broncos looking do ya think Fors?

as for the Colts, i think we all know they'll be in Arizona come Febuary......ahem... ..
yes the truth does hurth sometimes.
If Mcnabb can stay healthy and the team gets on a roll then we will win the division. We have the most experienced QB in the division. I mean Tony romo cant hold his nerve or the ball in the big situations when it matters.

The Giants have Eli Manning (enough said) and the Skins have jason campbell.

And if they get there and win it again, I will say something nice about Peyton Manning. But thankfully the conference champs wont be the same IMO so the colts cant be there.
Old 18-08-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:

Sixes, thought you were all but done for!

Think the Eagles are a lock to win the Division, just not much competition there, only team to come close is Dallas and they have a QB that hasnt proven anything yet, and a brand new coach. If McNabb and Westbrook stay healthy I think we are a Superbowl team.

As for the Broncos I think they will be a good team this year, they have a great nucleus and I feel Cutler will step up for them big time this year
Old 18-08-2007, 07:52 PM

You sort out the fantasy league yet ?
Old 18-08-2007, 08:41 PM

THE RULE CHANGES FOR THE 2007/2008 SEASON
  • The instant replay system, used since the 1999 season, was finally made as permanent officiating tool.[11] Previously, it was renewed on a biennial basis.
  • The system has also been upgraded to use high-definition technology. However, the systems at Texas Stadium (Dallas Cowboys), RCA Dome (Indianapolis Colts), and Giants Stadium (New York Giants and Jets) will not receive the HDTV updates since those stadiums will be replaced in a few years.[12] One reason that the technology was improved was that fans with high-definition televisions at home were having better views on replays than the officals and according to Dean Blandino, the NFL's instant replay director "that could have bit us in the rear if we continued [with the old system]." In addition, the amount of time allotted for the referee to review a play was reduced from 90 seconds to one minute.[13]
  • After a play is over, players who spike the ball in the field of play, other than in the end zone, will receive a 5-yard penalty.[13]
  • Forward passes that unintentionally hit an offensive lineman will no longer be an illegal touching penalty, but deliberate actions are still penalized.[13]
  • Roughing-the-passer penalties will not be called on a defender engaged with a quarterback who simply extends his arms and shoves the passer to the ground.[13]
  • During situations where crowd noise becomes a problem (when it becomes too loud that it prevents the offensive team from hearing its signals), the offense can no longer ask the referee to reset the play clock.[13]
Old 18-08-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANCE View Post
You sort out the fantasy league yet ?
I believe so, i can now click on a little icon and it takes to a new window with the title Procbowl. must have some how registered me while still telling me that i was using the wrong password