tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Anyone else hate the International break 😂😂 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 22-11-2019, 11:23 AM

Default Anyone else hate the International break 😂😂

Most fans around the world think the international breaks are some of the most unloved football events. There are reasons why we hate the international break while in truth, a lot of regular football fans really don't care about it.

But why do we hate these mid-season interruptions so much?

At least this is the last one until March!
Old 22-11-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
Most fans around the world think the international breaks are some of the most unloved football events. There are reasons why we hate the international break while in truth, a lot of regular football fans really don't care about it.

But why do we hate these mid-season interruptions so much?

At least this is the last one until March!
Think the fall of Russian empire followed by Sepp's padding out of the FIFA "family" to include bunch of rocks off the coast and ski resorts as countries has cheapened the whole international breaks which supporters and players used to look forward to.

In 1982, our wc group was Belgium, France, Holland, Ireland and Cyprus.
Four years later, we had Denmark, Russia, Switzerland and Norway.

All proper internationals with possible exception of Cyprus!!
Old 22-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Speak for yourself. There's a fantastic core of support for the international team.
I get what you're saying that the premier league fans see it as an unwelcome distraction to the greatest league in the world TM. but I dare say most match going Ireland fans and indeed many LOI fans would be inclined to see it as a break form the incessant soap opera that the premier league has become!
I've been following Ireland home and away for 40 odd years, (less so away since the kids started to multiply) but I still get the same enjoyment out of following the international teams. The buzz at the u21 games in Tallaght this campaign have been nothing short of amazing.
Old 22-11-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingin View Post
Speak for yourself. There's a fantastic core of support for the international team.
I get what you're saying that the premier league fans see it as an unwelcome distraction to the greatest league in the world TM. but I dare say most match going Ireland fans and indeed many LOI fans would be inclined to see it as a break form the incessant soap opera that the premier league has become!
I've been following Ireland home and away for 40 odd years, (less so away since the kids started to multiply) but I still get the same enjoyment out of following the international teams. The buzz at the u21 games in Tallaght this campaign have been nothing short of amazing.
Proper order too.

No decent father should be schlepping to Tbilisi while his kids ride eachother back home.
Old 22-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Fans of the international team go to matches ,fans of the premier league go to the pub.
Old 22-11-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philby View Post
proper order too.

No decent father should be schlepping to tbilisi while his kids ride eachother back home.
😂😂😂
Old 22-11-2019, 10:40 PM

Nothing wrong with a break four times in the season. The Crissmuss period more than makes up for it.
Old 22-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Senior PROC Member

We might have more appreciation for it if we were less shit.
Old 23-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member