tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Official Boxing Thread - Page 129 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 08-11-2019, 01:54 AM

The fat fella who knocked out Anthony Joshua is after losing a pile of weight for the re match. Dont think this is good for him though. He will lose a lot of power in his punches.
Old 21-11-2019, 01:17 PM

Cork pro boxer Gary 'Spike' O'Sullivan has landed another mega fight. He will face unbeaten Mexican Jaime Munguia in a headline bout in the 64,000-seater Alamadome in San Antonia, Texas on January 11.
Even though it is not a world title fight, the contest is a huge opportunity for O'Sullivan, whose career has touched new heights in the last two years.

Munguia is the current unbeaten WBO light middleweight champion and has made five defences of the belt between July 2018 and last September. However, his career almost came unstuck against Brisbane based Irishman Dennis Hogan is Monterrey in April.

Munguia was decidedly fortunate to win the fight on a majority decision. He promised Hogan a rematch but not surprisingly didn't follow through on it.

It has been long anticipated that the 23-year old would ultimately forfeit the 154 lb belt and move up to middleweight. His clash against the 35-year-old Mahon native is his first venture into the 160 lb division.

This is a defining fight as well for O'Sullivan who has failed in previous high profile clashes against Billy Joe Saunders, Chris Eubank Jr and David Lexieux.

But he is unbeaten in his 30 other contests and is relishing the opportunity to challenge Munguia in the home of the University of Texas football team.

"I grew up watching the great Mexican champions and to get the opportunity to fight Jaime is an honour. It will leave no stone unturned in my preparation for this fight. I can't recall feeling more motivated by any other fight in my career thus far. I believe this fight will be a war that the fans will talk about for many years to come."
Old 21-11-2019, 04:48 PM
PROC Member

Wilder in the 5th
Old 21-11-2019, 04:55 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

All the judges from last Olympics stood down for next Tokyo
Old 05-12-2019, 08:49 AM

Okay time to start talking about Anthony Joshua v Andy Ruiz II.
Venue: Diriyah Arena, Saudi Arabia Date: Saturday, 7th December.

This is a fascinating fight and one I am looking forward too, while I am leaning towards Ruiz to retain the WBA, IBF and WBO belts he won in such stunning fashion.

Any boxing enthusiasts with their views!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:56 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down da Castle View Post
Cork pro boxer Gary 'Spike' O'Sullivan has landed another mega fight. He will face unbeaten Mexican Jaime Munguia in a headline bout in the 64,000-seater Alamadome in San Antonia, Texas on January 11.
Even though it is not a world title fight, the contest is a huge opportunity for O'Sullivan, whose career has touched new heights in the last two years.

Munguia is the current unbeaten WBO light middleweight champion and has made five defences of the belt between July 2018 and last September. However, his career almost came unstuck against Brisbane based Irishman Dennis Hogan is Monterrey in April.

Munguia was decidedly fortunate to win the fight on a majority decision. He promised Hogan a rematch but not surprisingly didn't follow through on it.

It has been long anticipated that the 23-year old would ultimately forfeit the 154 lb belt and move up to middleweight. His clash against the 35-year-old Mahon native is his first venture into the 160 lb division.

This is a defining fight as well for O'Sullivan who has failed in previous high profile clashes against Billy Joe Saunders, Chris Eubank Jr and David Lexieux.

But he is unbeaten in his 30 other contests and is relishing the opportunity to challenge Munguia in the home of the University of Texas football team.

"I grew up watching the great Mexican champions and to get the opportunity to fight Jaime is an honour. It will leave no stone unturned in my preparation for this fight. I can't recall feeling more motivated by any other fight in my career thus far. I believe this fight will be a war that the fans will talk about for many years to come."
Will O Sullivan make much money from this ?
Old 05-12-2019, 09:00 AM
Banned

There is a good show on Sky demand with Frock, Bellew, Haye and Paulie M discussing the fight. Very good AJ insights
Old 05-12-2019, 11:00 AM

Can anyone explain the reason why Anthony Joshua will pocket a staggering £66m from this rematch, while Andy Ruiz Jr. is only due about €10m !
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
Can anyone explain the reason why Anthony Joshua will pocket a staggering £66m from this rematch, while Andy Ruiz Jr. is only due about €10m !
Title or no title, Joshua is the A side.

in business as up in life, you don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM

Good fight on here at the moment.

The atmosphere is a bit shit. I suppose you’ll get that when the arena is half full of Arabs.