tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Skoda Octavia VRS - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Motors
User Name
Password

Old 26-03-2008, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diar2me View Post
Oh fuck it that's savage! Hold tough a while so. I had an idea that's what would happen but wasn't certain. Aim for July so! Happen to know any reputable sites/dealers in the Uk?
Autotrader really best place to start. Buy privately if you can, but just be careful of what you're buying because 1) it's not really a matter of calling down the road if something does go wrong and 2) Cars have higher mileage in the UK (accept this, especially with regards what you're looking at because reasonable mileage examples are top whack. You'd be amazed at the price differences I've seen with cars that have 20k miles less)
Old 27-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
While on the topic, would appreciate some info. Looking for a Diesel car this summer! Have a few in mind, but, recently got kinda into the look of the diesel Merc C200cdi. Some say it's a womans coupe but I think it is a small nice looking Merc and the price of a Golf of a similar year. Been checking out English websites to bring one in. Any thoughts or suggestions as regards reliability, common problems etc?
last year i bought exactly that...ya some people will say its a women coupe or hairdressers car but fuck em! i've a c220 cdi coupe, lovely car to drive, very comfortable, just be careful on the type of transmission you get. there is automatic, manual and what i have....a fucking automated manual....right shit of a thing, caused me fierce problems. i was lucky and unlucky, i bought mine in cavan from a good garage, when it developed problems i was able to bring it to turners cross, they'd fix it and charge the garage in cavan. the cunt of a gearbox cost the original garage about 5k....they had to change pumps, clutch and a few more things. in actual fact the clutch didnt need replacing, but this gearbox that i have is very rare in ireland so they didn't know much about them!!

the mans hours they put into it was scary!! its going fine now though, i've 120k on the clock and not a bother.....pm if you want any more details or we can chat on d phone if you have any questions
Old 27-03-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
last year i bought exactly that...ya some people will say its a women coupe or hairdressers car but fuck em! i've a c220 cdi coupe, lovely car to drive, very comfortable, just be careful on the type of transmission you get. there is automatic, manual and what i have....a fucking automated manual....right shit of a thing, caused me fierce problems. i was lucky and unlucky, i bought mine in cavan from a good garage, when it developed problems i was able to bring it to turners cross, they'd fix it and charge the garage in cavan. the cunt of a gearbox cost the original garage about 5k....they had to change pumps, clutch and a few more things. in actual fact the clutch didnt need replacing, but this gearbox that i have is very rare in ireland so they didn't know much about them!!

the mans hours they put into it was scary!! its going fine now though, i've 120k on the clock and not a bother.....pm if you want any more details or we can chat on d phone if you have any questions
Could you post me A few pics or summit? Any other problems or possible ones? I hear the electrics can be dodgy on MERCS!
Old 28-03-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsidescumbag View Post
Ask the GodFather. He has one, or had, dunno if he still does.

I've been seriously looking into a beamer 320d 2002> come July.

Use www.parkers.co.uk to get it's Co2 per KM figure, get the open market selling price for one you have in mind from www.ros.ie and see what the percentage of that will be for VRT. Beamer's I've been looking at are in the 17% bracket.

At the moment Open Market Selling Price is €14558 VRT @ 30% = €4367

With 161gCO/km it's in the 19% band so by my calculations VRT would be €2766.
on this website it says a car with 161 co2 will be in the 24 % vrt bracket

http://www.budget.gov.ie/
Old 31-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Ask the GodFather. He has one, or had, dunno if he still does.

I've been seriously looking into a beamer 320d 2002> come July.

Use www.parkers.co.uk to get it's Co2 per KM figure, get the open market selling price for one you have in mind from www.ros.ie and see what the percentage of that will be for VRT. Beamer's I've been looking at are in the 17% bracket.

At the moment Open Market Selling Price is €14558 VRT @ 30% = €4367

With 161gCO/km it's in the 19% band so by my calculations VRT would be €2766.
entry level desiel bmw are what give BMW the BM trouble you name.... be warned
Old 31-03-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang_Sandwich View Post
entry level desiel bmw are what give BMW the BM trouble you name.... be warned
I'm looking for the 6 speed model, not entry level.
Old 31-03-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Could you post me A few pics or summit? Any other problems or possible ones? I hear the electrics can be dodgy on MERCS!
this is mine...thinking a slip a nice set of 17s on during the summer...but we'll see

Old 01-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I'm looking for the 6 speed model, not entry level.
3 series with under 2.5 litre engines are all entry level - regardless of trim.

injector pumps, go at 1000 + fitting, turbos go regularly at 1500 + fitting, callipers seize regularly, don't say i didn't warn you when you start pumpin a lot of money into one. get a 530d instead
Old 01-04-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang_Sandwich View Post
3 series with under 2.5 litre engines are all entry level - regardless of trim.

injector pumps, go at 1000 + fitting, turbos go regularly at 1500 + fitting, callipers seize regularly, don't say i didn't warn you when you start pumpin a lot of money into one. get a 530d instead
Don't need the extra space, and will really struggle for insurance on 3 litre. I've heard of problems with injector pumps but have buddy who's a BMW Mechanic and will probably take him with me when I'm going over for it it.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Don't need the extra space, and will really struggle for insurance on 3 litre. I've heard of problems with injector pumps but have buddy who's a BMW Mechanic and will probably take him with me when I'm going over for it it.
and turbo's, anyway if yu do go for it good luck, but i have warned you, know a lot of people that had them and wished they hadn't