tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Skoda Octavia VRS - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Motors
User Name
Password

Old 25-03-2008, 07:12 PM

Default Skoda Octavia VRS

Anyone know anything about them. Reliability? Common Problems etc? The Diesel one that is. Savage looking motor!
Old 25-03-2008, 07:15 PM

a neighbour had one and traded it in for a l200...then got a subaru legacy...changes cars regularly, but regrets getting rid of the vrs....savage car like!
Old 25-03-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
a neighbour had one and traded it in for a l200...then got a subaru legacy...changes cars regularly, but regrets getting rid of the vrs....savage car like!
Ya and for a high spec car they are going relatively cheap! One passed me there today. Get that baby remapped and you're laughing. The pull off of the one today was unbelivable!
Old 26-03-2008, 12:14 AM

TDI golf engine but mapped properly and very cheap to pick up, as you said.
Old 26-03-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsidescumbag View Post
TDI golf engine but mapped properly and very cheap to pick up, as you said.
While on the topic, would appreciate some info. Looking for a Diesel car this summer! Have a few in mind, but, recently got kinda into the look of the diesel Merc C200cdi. Some say it's a womans coupe but I think it is a small nice looking Merc and the price of a Golf of a similar year. Been checking out English websites to bring one in. Any thoughts or suggestions as regards reliability, common problems etc?
Old 26-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diar2me View Post
While on the topic, would appreciate some info. Looking for a Diesel car this summer! Have a few in mind, but, recently got kinda into the look of the diesel Merc C200cdi. Some say it's a womans coupe but I think it is a small nice looking Merc and the price of a Golf of a similar year. Been checking out English websites to bring one in. Any thoughts or suggestions as regards reliability, common problems etc?
merc diesels aren't going to let you avail of the new VRT and taxing laws as they are actually quiet pollutant... if thats why you are thinking of buying one.
Old 26-03-2008, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Ask the GodFather. He has one, or had, dunno if he still does.

I've been seriously looking into a beamer 320d 2002> come July.

Use www.parkers.co.uk to get it's Co2 per KM figure, get the open market selling price for one you have in mind from www.ros.ie and see what the percentage of that will be for VRT. Beamer's I've been looking at are in the 17% bracket.

At the moment Open Market Selling Price is €14558 VRT @ 30% = €4367

With 161gCO/km it's in the 19% band so by my calculations VRT would be €2766.
Old 26-03-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northsidescumbag View Post
Ask the GodFather. He has one, or had, dunno if he still does.

I've been seriously looking into a beamer 320d 2002> come July.

Use www.parkers.co.uk to get it's Co2 per KM figure, get the open market selling price for one you have in mind from www.ros.ie and see what the percentage of that will be for VRT. Beamer's I've been looking at are in the 17% bracket.

At the moment Open Market Selling Price is €14558 VRT @ 30% = €4367

With 161gCO/km it's in the 19% band so by my calculations VRT would be €2766.
I'm a bit ignorant to this whole vrt thing. Will the vrt on importing a car from the uk be possibly cheaper come July so?
Old 26-03-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I'm a bit ignorant to this whole vrt thing. Will the vrt on importing a car from the uk be possibly cheaper come July so?
Yes. At the moment VRT on what I'm guessing is something like what you're looking for is €4367. July, because it's based on emissions then it drops to €2766.
Old 26-03-2008, 07:39 PM

Oh fuck it that's savage! Hold tough a while so. I had an idea that's what would happen but wasn't certain. Aim for July so! Happen to know any reputable sites/dealers in the Uk?