tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Nankang Tyres ? - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Users Ads & Discussion > Motors
User Name
Password

Old 11-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior PROC Member

Bought them anyway , seem grand .

Yermans near Forge hill though , moved from Ballycureen. sound lad ( Has a nice hog too )
Old 13-12-2008, 08:23 PM

got 2 dunlops for my own today....christ the back were like slicks. i'd say they were slighty over inflated and the middle was well worn, sides not so much

been using pirellis, but they dont last pissing time, do alot of milage and not at any great speed. hopefully the dunlops will last longer!!!

time will tell
Old 19-11-2009, 07:49 PM

Thumbs down Nangkangs at your pearl

80km per hour is not fast driving. Take a look at tests reported by the Irish Times on budget Asian tyre brands (Nangkang included) Copy & paste this to your address bar
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...243362899.html

Nangkangs have become a popular name with young drivers because they are a poor quality cheap tyre. They are widely supplied by Alloy Wheel companies to keep the overall price down, hence the name becoming familiar. But you get what you pay for.
Old 20-11-2009, 09:00 AM

prices are falling anyway, i got 4 tyres recently for 85 a pop fitted from a local guy (that would ahve been budget tyre price a year ago) toyo t-1R's
Old 20-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaseman View Post
80km per hour is not fast driving. Take a look at tests reported by the Irish Times on budget Asian tyre brands (Nangkang included) Copy & paste this to your address bar
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...243362899.html

Nangkangs have become a popular name with young drivers because they are a poor quality cheap tyre. They are widely supplied by Alloy Wheel companies to keep the overall price down, hence the name becoming familiar. But you get what you pay for.
That looks like a wonderful bit of Propaganda alright , whole article has only one quoted "fact" from the test about the Linglong tyres performance in one situation and the rest is mentions of Bridgestone and Continental and what great manufacturers they are .

Very unbalanced piece of Journalism .

I've driven about 20,000kms in all conditions on these tyres now , and not experienced any issues.

That said I don't drive like a lunatic. That article mentioned Braking in a corner being a problem with those tyres when you're at the limit of grip.
I'd say that braking in a corner is a bad idea to begin with , and that you shouldn't ever approach a corner at the limit of grip. unless you happen to be a rally Driver that is .
Old 20-11-2009, 06:42 PM

What about P-zeros?

Worth the money?
Old 24-11-2009, 02:38 PM

Nankangs are a great tyre if you don't want to stop. I love when young lads spend a fortune on EBC brake pads, a nice set of drilled disks and then a shyte set of tyres. I mean....with great brakes who needs good tyres??