The Luftwaffe Thread - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Banned

Default The Luftwaffe Thread

First thread has dissappeared.

Maybe some sneaky tail gunner shot it down?

Shame as i was really enjoying peoples contributions and knowledge.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:12 AM
Banned

I started the thread as a response to a BBC documentary last week about 100 years of the RAF. I’m disappointed to see it has been removed because it was a thread that discussed planes, pilots, tactics and technological innovations. It was an interesting thread and thanks to those that contributed and shared book recommendations.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big in Ballyvolane View Post
I started the thread as a response to a BBC documentary last week about 100 years of the RAF. I’m disappointed to see it has been removed because it was a thread that discussed planes, pilots, tactics and technological innovations. It was an interesting thread and thanks to those that contributed and shared book recommendations.
Indeed. This wasnt a thread glorifying Nazis. The majority of luftwaffe personnel men and women were loyal germans doing their duty and indeed the symbol on their aircraft was the cross (a version still used on luftwaffe aircraft to this day) and not the swaztika.

Unfortunately the SJW types out there have a very simplified version of the history of this time period.

Im happy to give this thread another go.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:53 AM
Banned

Some book recommendations

Top Secret Bird by Wolfgang Spate. On of my favourite books. Beautifully written. Details the design, development and combat history of the ME-163 rocket fighter.

Stuka Pilot by Hans Rudel. Available on the net as a pdf if you look. Rudel was a die hard nazi but his record in ground attack missions was unparalled. An amazing pilot.a charachter in the secret army spinoff series Kessler was based on him. When he died around 1980 , two luftwaffe phantom jets happened to make a low level pass over the grave yard when he was being buried.

Crossbow and overcast by james mc govern The allies efforts to combat the v1 and v2 weapons. Available as a pdf if you look.

V2 by tracy dungan. Best book by far about the v2.

The man who saved london by george martelli. Amazing story of the french resistance who discovered the v1 launch sites
Old 06-04-2018, 06:25 AM

Luftwaffle
Old 06-04-2018, 09:33 AM

There was mention of a large bomber towards the end o the thread - what model was that? I’m enjoying wiki ing them

Must go and buy a victor or hotspur
Old 06-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Senior PROC Member

Old 06-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by budwards dad View Post
There was mention of a large bomber towards the end o the thread - what model was that? I’m enjoying wiki ing them

Must go and buy a victor or hotspur
A poster suggested that a v1 could carry a nuke as it had a 1000kg capacity.

I suggested the Focke Wolf Condor as maybe the only viable plave for germany to deliver a nuke.

I checked and the nukes of the era dropped on japan Fat Boy and little man weighed about 4500kg so the V2 could not carry it.

A Condor could carry 1000kg in the bomb bay or 5400kg spread on the wing racks so maybe a condor with a reinforced and modified bombay could have carried a nuke?
Old 06-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Banned

There are some good points raised on the Condor legion and their importance to Franco’s victory in Spain in Anthony Beevor’s book on the Spanish Civil War
Old 06-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big in Ballyvolane View Post
There are some good points raised on the Condor legion and their importance to Franco’s victory in Spain in Anthony Beevor’s book on the Spanish Civil War
A very good author.

I have Staingrad and D day.

Actually the spanish civil war is one i know little about. I might get that book.