TV Subscriptions etc - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Senior PROC Member

Default TV Subscriptions etc

All right folks, the Telly.

I have been fleeced by Sky for years, have the sports and movie packages and also have the Eir sports channels for the rugby. On the Smart TV there is Netflix.

In the gaff here we have 3 sky boxes, 2 of the type that can record etc, not the Q ones though.

So i am wondering, is it a case of you get what you pay for or what with TV subscriptions ?

I have heard of a memory stick yolk that is 100 quid a year.
FTA on Sky boxes.
What is the best way lads or do i continue to be fleeced ?
Old 30-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post

I have been fleeced by Sky for years, have the sports and movie packages and also have the Eir sports channels for the rugby. On the Smart TV there is Netflix.

In the gaff here we have 3 sky boxes, 2 of the type that can record etc, not the Q ones though.

So i am wondering, is it a case of you get what you pay for or what with TV subscriptions ?

FTA on Sky boxes.
You must keep paying Sky. If not then you'll be personally responsible for the collapse of the English Premier League - it's the best league in the world ever you know.
Old 30-09-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:

FTA on Sky boxes.
A lot of people are paying Eir for the Rugby World Cup when you can just add all the ITV channels that are covering it for free at no cost to yourself.

1 Sky Q box with basic and kids.
1 Sky Free to air box and I have free Sky Sports (their error) down to pure luck.

It will all be subscription services soon anyway with broadband as Sky etc do not want to be paying for cable,boxes and installing dishes etc.
Old 30-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Senior PROC Member

I know what you are saying about ITV and the world cup, but ITV will be no use for the Pro 14 and CC, will they ?
Old 30-09-2019, 04:01 PM

Quote:

FTA on Sky boxes.
Give Sky a bell and tell them you want to cancel everything. They will immediately offer you 50% discount for six months. Tell them you want the deal for 12 months and they'll agree.
It's only kicking the issue down the road but you've cheaper tv for a year!
Old 30-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Give Sky a bell and tell them you want to cancel everything. They will immediately offer you 50% discount for six months. Tell them you want the deal for 12 months and they'll agree.

Good point, is the bottom line so that Sky is the best there is?
Old 30-09-2019, 04:17 PM

Giving money to the brits to watch TV thats free on the INTERNET.......

Isnt it bad enough that we give them money for the INTERNET already? Well, one that actually is fit for purpose like.

Fuck them and fuck their TV. Just keep mainlining us with fibreoptic broadband at supersonicspeeds tyvmimmhoofwiw.
Old 30-09-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Good point, is the bottom line so that Sky is the best there is?
Only game in town really where the Sport is concerned.
Get rid of any movies package - you can pick up up to date films on Apple I tunes or Google Play and pay only for ones you want to watch.
Old 30-09-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
Giving money to the brits to watch TV thats free on the INTERNET.......

Isnt it bad enough that we give them money for the INTERNET already? Well, one that actually is fit for purpose like.

Fuck them and fuck their TV. Just keep mainlining us with fibreoptic broadband at supersonicspeeds tyvmimmhoofwiw.
Comcast own Sky.

And you. They own everything. No point in trying to stop giving them money. We’re all in hock to them.

They own NBC, Universal, (Films and Theme Parks), Sky, Dreamworks, Syfy, E!, etc etc etc

Resistance is futile

Old 30-09-2019, 04:43 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
I told sky I didn't want to continue paying the 153Euro a month for phone, all the sports, films, and internet.

Back to a basic SKY package now and internet and phone for 72 a month I think.

Going to change internet and phone supplier soon