tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
TV Subscriptions etc - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Meridian Meridian is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: A better place
Posts: 8,319
Default TV Subscriptions etc

All right folks, the Telly.

I have been fleeced by Sky for years, have the sports and movie packages and also have the Eir sports channels for the rugby. On the Smart TV there is Netflix.

In the gaff here we have 3 sky boxes, 2 of the type that can record etc, not the Q ones though.

So i am wondering, is it a case of you get what you pay for or what with TV subscriptions ?

I have heard of a memory stick yolk that is 100 quid a year.
FTA on Sky boxes.
What is the best way lads or do i continue to be fleeced ?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-09-2019, 03:11 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
All right folks, the Telly.

I have been fleeced by Sky for years, have the sports and movie packages and also have the Eir sports channels for the rugby. On the Smart TV there is Netflix.

In the gaff here we have 3 sky boxes, 2 of the type that can record etc, not the Q ones though.

So i am wondering, is it a case of you get what you pay for or what with TV subscriptions ?

I have heard of a memory stick yolk that is 100 quid a year.
FTA on Sky boxes.
What is the best way lads or do i continue to be fleeced ?
You must keep paying Sky. If not then you'll be personally responsible for the collapse of the English Premier League - it's the best league in the world ever you know.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Stacky Stacky is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 35,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
All right folks, the Telly.

I have been fleeced by Sky for years, have the sports and movie packages and also have the Eir sports channels for the rugby. On the Smart TV there is Netflix.

In the gaff here we have 3 sky boxes, 2 of the type that can record etc, not the Q ones though.

So i am wondering, is it a case of you get what you pay for or what with TV subscriptions ?

I have heard of a memory stick yolk that is 100 quid a year.
FTA on Sky boxes.
What is the best way lads or do i continue to be fleeced ?
A lot of people are paying Eir for the Rugby World Cup when you can just add all the ITV channels that are covering it for free at no cost to yourself.

1 Sky Q box with basic and kids.
1 Sky Free to air box and I have free Sky Sports (their error) down to pure luck.

It will all be subscription services soon anyway with broadband as Sky etc do not want to be paying for cable,boxes and installing dishes etc.
__________________
"Nationalism is an infantile sickness. It is the measles of the human race."Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-09-2019, 03:48 PM
Meridian Meridian is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: A better place
Posts: 8,319
Default

I know what you are saying about ITV and the world cup, but ITV will be no use for the Pro 14 and CC, will they ?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-09-2019, 04:01 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
All right folks, the Telly.

I have been fleeced by Sky for years, have the sports and movie packages and also have the Eir sports channels for the rugby. On the Smart TV there is Netflix.

In the gaff here we have 3 sky boxes, 2 of the type that can record etc, not the Q ones though.

So i am wondering, is it a case of you get what you pay for or what with TV subscriptions ?

I have heard of a memory stick yolk that is 100 quid a year.
FTA on Sky boxes.
What is the best way lads or do i continue to be fleeced ?
Give Sky a bell and tell them you want to cancel everything. They will immediately offer you 50% discount for six months. Tell them you want the deal for 12 months and they'll agree.
It's only kicking the issue down the road but you've cheaper tv for a year!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Meridian Meridian is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: A better place
Posts: 8,319
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Give Sky a bell and tell them you want to cancel everything. They will immediately offer you 50% discount for six months. Tell them you want the deal for 12 months and they'll agree.
It's only kicking the issue down the road but you've cheaper tv for a year!

Good point, is the bottom line so that Sky is the best there is?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-09-2019, 04:17 PM
HappyAl HappyAl is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,856
Default

Giving money to the brits to watch TV thats free on the INTERNET.......

Isnt it bad enough that we give them money for the INTERNET already? Well, one that actually is fit for purpose like.

Fuck them and fuck their TV. Just keep mainlining us with fibreoptic broadband at supersonicspeeds tyvmimmhoofwiw.
__________________
- Oh, yes. Oh, very yes. I would very much like to invade the Transvaal. Look at my tooth; it's shining with lust.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-09-2019, 04:19 PM
Rebel CNC Rebel CNC is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 8,726
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian View Post
Good point, is the bottom line so that Sky is the best there is?
Only game in town really where the Sport is concerned.
Get rid of any movies package - you can pick up up to date films on Apple I tunes or Google Play and pay only for ones you want to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-09-2019, 04:39 PM
Drucker Drucker is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 14,656
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAl View Post
Giving money to the brits to watch TV thats free on the INTERNET.......

Isnt it bad enough that we give them money for the INTERNET already? Well, one that actually is fit for purpose like.

Fuck them and fuck their TV. Just keep mainlining us with fibreoptic broadband at supersonicspeeds tyvmimmhoofwiw.
Comcast own Sky.

And you. They own everything. No point in trying to stop giving them money. We’re all in hock to them.

They own NBC, Universal, (Films and Theme Parks), Sky, Dreamworks, Syfy, E!, etc etc etc


Resistance is futile


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-09-2019, 04:43 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel CNC View Post
Give Sky a bell and tell them you want to cancel everything. They will immediately offer you 50% discount for six months. Tell them you want the deal for 12 months and they'll agree.
It's only kicking the issue down the road but you've cheaper tv for a year!
I told sky I didn't want to continue paying the 153Euro a month for phone, all the sports, films, and internet.

Back to a basic SKY package now and internet and phone for 72 a month I think.

Going to change internet and phone supplier soon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Siopa







All times are GMT. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.