tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Corpus Christi, less than 1000 Cultists - Page 2 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Current & Local Affairs Forum
User Name
Password

Old 09-09-2019, 07:22 PM

Default Missed It or is it GONE?

Jeez, forgot all about it this year. Googling, it appears to be replaced by a 'Procession' Did this happen? Did anyone go? Does anyone know? Care?
DD
Old 09-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDan View Post
Jeez, forgot all about it this year. Googling, it appears to be replaced by a 'Procession' Did this happen? Did anyone go? Does anyone know? Care?
DD
It is a procession every year...
Old 10-09-2019, 05:45 AM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
It is a procession every year...
From North Cathedral to Daunt Square
Old 12-09-2019, 10:02 PM

Default Pedantic

In the past afaik it has usually been a lot more than a Procession. Patrick Street has been blocked off to traffic and I suspect a Mass or some other Ceremony has been held on a large podium. Was our main street sealed off this year and was there a Mass or whatnot? I note that last year plans were made to cater for 10,000, but less than 1000 showed up.
Just wondering what happened this year.
https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Kee...92343711dfa-ds

DD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1796517_273383059493212_548171086_n.jpg (54.3 KB, 201 views)
Old 12-09-2019, 10:10 PM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

Try google Dan, it has all the answer you seek.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
In the past afaik it has usually been a lot more than a Procession. Patrick Street has been blocked off to traffic and I suspect a Mass or some other Ceremony has been held on a large podium. Was our main street sealed off this year and was there a Mass or whatnot? I note that last year plans were made to cater for 10,000, but less than 1000 showed up.
Just wondering what happened this year.
https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Kee...92343711dfa-ds

DD
It isn't pedantic to point out that you are entirely incorrect to state that the had been "replaced" by a procession.

For someone who spends so much energy complaining about Church services, you seem to have no understanding of them.

Also, show me evidence that "plans were made to cater for 10,000" please. "Catholic.net say it "does not equate to plans.
Old 13-09-2019, 08:28 AM

Who cares? Let them at it.
Only a shadow of its former self anyhow.
Old 17-09-2019, 09:17 PM

DanDan Biy.
You obviously don't believe in the power of prayer, but you could try some deep breathing relaxation exercises, or maybe some form of yoga. Plenty help to be found on Youtube.
It might help to purge some of the venom out of your system and make you a little more tolerant of your fellow citizens.

Peace and Love be with you.
Uainn go léir anseo in #37 "Chetwynde Downs" - - - Slááán Tamall
Old 20-09-2019, 09:11 PM

Default Citizens

Quote:
It might help to purge some of the venom out of your system and make you a little more tolerant of your fellow citizens.
Tolerance of the Catholic Church in Ireland has gone well then?

Quote:
It isn't pedantic to point out that you are entirely incorrect to state that the had been "replaced" by a procession.
That is incorrect in several ways. Mostly it is just amateur legalese riposte, which doesn't at all answer the obvious question asked. i.e. Was there a stage erected and a Mass said, was Patrick Street closed, and if so for how long? Perhaps more disturbingly if you are a Legal Pro, the English seems flawed.
Quote:
the had been replaced by a procession
, doesn't really make any sense at all. You keep asking for evidence of obvious facts. Do you need proof that the world exists to get out of bed in the morning? Do you have no Faith in Reality? IMO Legal stuff should be contained in the Courts. Quarantined, ready for burning. It is unnatural, often unjust, and blatantly sociopathic. I was there recently. Wigs FFS.... Wigs. And an insufferably arrogant uninformed judge. Lawyers, Politicians, Bankers...... Ugh.

DD
Old 20-09-2019, 09:22 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Tolerance of the Catholic Church in Ireland has gone well then?

That is incorrect in several ways. Mostly it is just amateur legalese riposte, which doesn't at all answer the obvious question asked. i.e. Was there a stage erected and a Mass said, was Patrick Street closed, and if so for how long? Perhaps more disturbingly if you are a Legal Pro, the English seems flawed. , doesn't really make any sense at all. You keep asking for evidence of obvious facts. Do you need proof that the world exists to get out of bed in the morning? Do you have no Faith in Reality? IMO Legal stuff should be contained in the Courts. Quarantined, ready for burning. It is unnatural, often unjust, and blatantly sociopathic. I was there recently. Wigs FFS.... Wigs. And an insufferably arrogant uninformed judge. Lawyers, Politicians, Bankers...... Ugh.

DD
The question you asked was had it been replaced with a procession, which it hadn't, as it has always been a procession.

I asked for evidence to back up your claim that a crowd of 10,000 was planned for. An article from catholic.net is not evidence.

It seems that you can't provide evidence, and so have decided to whinge about lawyers instead.

Yawn.