tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
RTE employee in teen sex sting. - Page 3 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 20-11-2017, 08:12 AM

So these fellas have published his name, accused him of the crime, and linked his twitter account which clearly identifies him... surely they have just completely compromised the chances of a proper trial here in that he can’t expect an impartial jury?
Old 20-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Senior PROC Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this case doesn't get to trial, for one thing there is no victim because the girl he had arranged to meet doesn't exist. On the other hand clearly the intention to commit a crime is there and afaik he did send compromising pics to the fake profile.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Banned
Senior PROC Member

He is in court this morning
Old 20-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
So these fellas have published his name, accused him of the crime, and linked his twitter account which clearly identifies him... surely they have just completely compromised the chances of a proper trial here in that he can’t expect an impartial jury?
I just watched the footage(about 20min long)and in it they have said that they've caught others before,so i'd imagine that its above board in the UK.Either way i'd say they don't do this technicality crap in England like we do,so i'd imagine he'll be charged alright.Trial by public media,its the way forward M8s.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:12 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicGrinder View Post
He is in court this morning
Nice and quick in England with the justice system.No messing.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
I just watched the footage(about 20min long)and in it they have said that they've caught others before,so i'd imagine that its above board in the UK.Either way i'd say they don't do this technicality crap in England like we do,so i'd imagine he'll be charged alright.Trial by public media,its the way forward M8s.
Irish law is British law with a few tweaks in general so I doubt it’s that different.

No problem with them snaring him, I just wonder if they go a step too far before it’s handed over to the fuzz. One less paedo is never a bad thing but unless this sticks we are back where we were and he probably has a defamation case
Old 20-11-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Nice and quick in England with the justice system.No messing.
Well considering it wasn't the Police who caught him but a vigilante group, and the Police have covered up paedophile rings, where dozens of children were attacked, in England for fear of being branded racist I wouldn't be too quick to sing the praises of the Brits in this regard.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyhonkaman View Post
One less paedo is never a bad thing but unless this sticks we are back where we were and he probably has a defamation case
Not too sure about that. Ok so, the 13 year old girl was fictional etc., BUT, even though he was aware he was communicating with an underage "girl", he STILL sent lewd pics to her and made plans to meet up with her and spend the night in a Hotel with her etc. So the intention was there and the fact that he turned up to meet "her" (and got the vigilantes instead), showed he was serious about it. If he hadn't been told "she" was underage, there wouldn't have been a problem.
Old 20-11-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Róisín_Rua View Post
Not too sure about that. Ok so, the 13 year old girl was fictional etc., BUT, even though he was aware he was communicating with an underage "girl", he STILL sent lewd pics to her and made plans to meet up with her and spend the night in a Hotel with her etc. So the intention was there and the fact that he turned up to meet "her" (and got the vigilantes instead), showed he was serious about it. If he hadn't been told "she" was underage, there wouldn't have been a problem.
Possibly - unless there is a successful trial it will all have been in vain thought
Old 20-11-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Any link?