tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Logic 9 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 30-07-2009, 03:48 AM

Default Logic 9

Great program or greatest program? Discuss.
Old 30-07-2009, 07:19 AM

installing it this evening. the new flex tools and some of the other production tools are savage. can't wait.
Old 30-07-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I was disappointed that all they added were guitar stuff. Would have loved new synth although I did notice cents tuning on the modeling synth. Sure that wasn't there before but I could of just missed it. Any new samples for Ultrabeat I wonder dosen't seem to say, only more jam packs, cus the samples with 8 were cool but you get through them
Oh,
if only i was given a cent for each time you went on about tuning,

i'd be a rich pitch at this stage!

Last edited by KerryDude; 30-07-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Old 30-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
I was disappointed that all they added were guitar stuff. Would have loved new synth although I did notice cents tuning on the modeling synth. Sure that wasn't there before but I could of just missed it. Any new samples for Ultrabeat I wonder dosen't seem to say, only more jam packs, cus the samples with 8 were cool but you get through them
This update was all about production and editing tools. In fairness there's well enough synths there as it is! The guitar pedals are a nice addition but I think this update is a pot of gold for people dealing with audio files; that is, you can now treat audio like midi.
Old 30-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryDude View Post
Oh,
if only i was given a cent for each time you went on about tuning,

i'd be a rich pitch at this stage!
Hehe!!!
Your first decent post since you joined. Congrats!!!
Old 30-07-2009, 08:11 PM

Great program. But I'm sticking with Pro Tools, Kontakt and me Lexicon coz I'm a luddite
Old 30-07-2009, 08:58 PM

pro tools is sick, changed from logic when pro 8 came out, will never move 2 anything else, digidesign have a way with things
Old 31-07-2009, 02:54 AM

This update is all about audio editing, which was always the one thing holding Logic back from a studio point of view. The new Flex Time is better than Pro Tools' elastic audio: faster, easier and full phase locked for editing groups. Added to that the guitar sims and the already abundant (and superior) bundled EQs, dynamics and FX - it is perfect for me.
Any program that leaves out plug in compensation so that you have to buy their €8k unit is a bit crap really. It's so important for multi source recordings, you put a good comp on the snare and all of a sudden it's out of time/phase with the rest of the kit. Avid should be ashamed of themselves really.
Old 31-07-2009, 06:29 AM

Ya, the bundled eq in PT is crap, and the lack of delay compensation is ridiculous. I find the workflow lovely though.
Old 31-07-2009, 02:41 PM

when someone mentions the term 'presets' regarding music production....what exactly do they mean? ?

do they mean a loop (chord loop/drum loop) of material which is already part of a programme? such as you might find in reason etc?

or is it like for e.g. a string sound which you might also find in Reason?

reason I'm asking is that I read somewhere, when producing, one is better to start developing their own presets, which would lead to more of an identity....

ta,
new joe