tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
The Stone Roses - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Music Forum
User Name
Password

Old 03-05-2009, 05:54 PM

Default The Stone Roses

Looks like the record company is going to town on this one.....

Release Date: August 10th 2009

The Stone Roses: The Collectors Edition: 3cd + 3lp + 2usb + Book + Art Prints (£100.00)

Originally released in May 1989, 'The Stone Roses' is often cited as The greatest album of all time. This release is homage to this landmark British rock album on which every track has become an iconic classic - 'I Wanna be Adored', 'She Bangs The Drums', 'Made Of Stone’, 'I Am The Resurrection'...

Original producer John Leckie has returned to the studio for the first time in 20 years with Ian Brown to produce a re-mastered version of the album for the very first time.

The Collectors Edition Includes:

• A super deluxe 12" album folder, slipcased with embossing and gold foil.

• Wrapped in classic John Squire artwork throughout.

• Boxset includes the re-mastered album, re-mastered Extras (including all AA's and B Sides) PLUS album of Lost Demo's (including one previously unheard track)

• Lemon shaped USB containing all audio, promo videos, ringtones, wallpapers, previously unseen John Leckie home video footage of the recording of Fools Gold And 5 previously unheard 'Backwards' tracks.

• 48-page bound book, crammed full of unseen photos and brand new notes from the band, John Leckie, those involved 20 years ago and high profile fans of the album telling their stories of it, including Noel Gallagher, Mark Ronson, Tim Burgess, Bobby Gillespie and more.

• 6 x 12" John Squire single art prints of 'I Wanna Be Adored', 'She Bangs The Drums’, 'Elephant Stone', 'Fools Gold', 'I Am The Resurrection' & 'Made Of Stone'.

Tracklisting

Disc One - The Stone Roses

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. She Bangs The Drums
3. Waterfall
4. Don't Stop
5. Bye Bye Bad Man
6. Elizabeth My Dear
7. (Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
8. Made Of Stone
9. Shoot You Down
10. This Is The One
11. I Am The Resurrection

Disc Two - Extras

1. Elephant Stone
2. Full Fathom Five
3. The Hardest Thing
4. Going Down
5. Guernica
6. Mersey Paradise
7. Standing Here
8. Simone
9. Fools Gold (9.53)
10. What The World Is Waiting For
11. One Love (Full Length)
12. Something's Burning (Full Length)

Disc Three - The Lost Demos

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. She Bangs The Drums
3. Waterfall
4. Bye Bye Badman
5. Sugar Spun Sister
6. Shoot You Down
7. This Is The One
8. I Am Resurrection
9. Elephant Stone
10. Going Down
11. Mersey Paradise
12. Where Angels Play
13. Something's Burning
14. One Love
15. Pearl Bastard (Previously Unreleased)

Vinyl One - The Stone Roses

Side A

1. I Wanna Be Adored
2. She Bangs The Drums
3. Waterfall
4. Don't Stop
5. Bye Bye Bad Man

Side B

1. Elizabeth My Dear
2. (Song For My) Sugar Spun Sister
3. Made Of Stone
4. Shoot You Down
5. This Is The One
6. I Am The Resurrection

Vinyl Two - The Extras Part One

Side A

9. Fool's Gold 9.53
10. What The World Is Waiting For

Side B

11. One Love (Full Length)
12. Something's Burning (Full Length)
13. Where Angels Play

Vinyl Three - The Extras Part Two

Side A

1. Elephant Stone
2. Full Fathom Five
3. The Hardest Thing
4. Going Down

Side B

5. Guernica
6. Mersey Paradise
7. Standing Here
8. Simone

USB

1. The Stone Roses: The Stone Roses - 20th Anniversary Re-Master
2. The Stone Roses: The B-Sides & Non Album Singles
3. The Stone Roses: The Lost Demos
4. 5 Previously Unheard Backwards tracks:
Untitled 1
Untitled 2
Untitled 3
Untitled 4
Untitled 5
5. Videos: The Making Of Fools Gold + 5 x Promotional Single Videos
6. Ringtones
7. Wallpapers
8. 48 Page Digital Booklet

Last edited by Drop; 07-04-2011 at 05:25 PM..
Old 07-04-2011, 09:46 AM

Default Stone Roses - Resurrected

(from The Sun.....so who knows)

THE STONE ROSES are getting back together after IAN BROWN and JOHN SQUIRE buried the hatchet on one of the most bitter feuds in rock 'n' roll history.

The former best pals hadn't spoken for the best part of 15 years after falling out in a war of words when the band imploded back in 1996.

But the boys were brought back together in tricky circumstances last month at bandmate MANI's mum's funeral.
Frontman Ian broke the ice over a cuppa at the wake - and before long they were hugging, back-slapping and reminiscing about the good times.

The megabucks reunion is now being lined up to happen later in the year. And I haven't been this excited since I got my first BMX in 1986.

A source said: "Ian has been mulling over reaching out to John for a while now. A lot of water has gone under the bridge and everyone has grown up. Ian has just gone through a tough time with a divorce and then Mani's mum's funeral brought everyone back under the same roof.

"It was an emotional reunion. There were no harsh words. It was a heartwarming breaking of bread.
"They had a lot to catch up on and have been in regular contact since."

There must be something in the water up in Manchester. This summer will see TAKE THAT back on the road together after GARY BARLOW and ROBBIE WILLIAMS settled old scores.

Their fall-out was a lovers' tiff compared with the acrimony between the swaggering Stone Roses frontman and one of the best rock'n'roll guitarists this country has produced.

John walked out on the band in 1996 with insults flying back and forth. The band had gone through a turbulent few years with all sorts of bad luck, bad management and bad behaviour.

A legal row with their label Silvertone rumbled on for five years - robbing fans of the band at their prime. The band hardly earned a penny at the time - one of the biggest music travesties of all time. Their first album remains one of the best debuts ever.

The only stumbling block they now face is pinning down former drummer RENI, which is about as easy as trapping mercury, according to my Manc pals.

Mani, one of the best blokes in music, deserves the big swansong. He's had the rock'n'roll lifestyle playing bass with PRIMAL SCREAM but now he'll be back with his proper pals.

A Roses reunion will be something very special indeed. Getting tickets for the gig will be another problem altogether.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...surrected.html

http://www.nme.com/news/the-stone-roses/55962
Old 07-04-2011, 10:56 AM

I hope not why cant some people be happy with memories?
My memories of the roses live is that they were always pretty ropey to be kind but it wasn't about that at the time really was it?.....
Old 07-04-2011, 10:57 AM

This rumour appears every couple of years. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovywoovy View Post
I hope not why cant some people be happy with memories?
My memories of the roses live is that they were always pretty ropey to be kind but it wasn't about that at the time really was it?.....
yeah, they're were renowned for being somewhat crap live

I'd go see them if they played cork, wouldn't travel to see 'em though - fuck that like!

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/
Old 07-04-2011, 11:14 AM

Jim I saw them quite a few times early doors and the truth of the matter is they were really not that good.

the first time they played Leeds they were booked to play a small pub venue but it had to be moved to a bigger venue in town.the reason for this was not because there was a vibe around them or that they were brilliant but simply down to the fact that they were known to have Man Utd football lads who followed them around and the Leeds lads werent gonna be having that kind of invasion!

right place right time but leave it there......
Old 07-04-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
The only stumbling block they now face is pinning down former drummer Reni
I'd happily pay to see Mani and Reni without the feckwankery of Ian Brown and John Squire

Will Dj for tae!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Senior PROC Member

I saw them last time they played Cork, granted it wasn't THE Stone Roses but a version of...

I absolutely love them. I have that box set above. i know it's expensive but it's got almost everything I wanted from them. I don't want a reunion though. They were bad enough live the first time, seeing a bloated version of a band with an underlying tension amongst them wouldn't be my idea of what I'd hoped from a Roses reunion. That being said, of course I'd go see them but better to let a good thing lie if you ask me.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
This rumour appears every couple of years. I'll believe it when I see it.
the story surfaces every now and then in the run up to the summer festivals alright but who knows this time, i'm sure the cash would be a big incentive

saw them live at feile when it was in cork (1995 - i think) and they were disappointing. but mainly it was ian brown's live vocals that left them down, the rest of the band were fine (think, they had a stand in drummer). they were in 'the crannog' for a few pints too at the time !

ian brown has become a more polished peformer since then though so if it was true i'd say they'd put on a good show

watch full documentary here
Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 AM

saw brown in henrys and he still couldn't sing in tune

the 'thriller' cover was good though it took me a few mins to realise it was thriller

---------------------------------------
CMJ Print
https://www.facebook.com/Choc-A-Bloc...7028939951391/