tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Catalan independence referendum - Page 69 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > PROC Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #681  
Old 20-10-2019, 09:27 PM
The High King The High King is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
That's some excellent giffage, may I borrow it.
Be my guest.
Reply With Quote
  #682  
Old 20-10-2019, 09:30 PM
Bard Bard is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The High King View Post
Be my guest.
Sound.
Reply With Quote
  #683  
Old 20-10-2019, 09:33 PM
The High King The High King is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 8,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bard View Post
Sound.
It's a thing of beauty. I'm sure you and I and others will use it well.
#winteriscoming
Reply With Quote
  #684  
Old 20-10-2019, 09:43 PM
Bard Bard is offline
Banned
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 3,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the high king View Post
it's a thing of beauty. I'm sure you and i and others will use it well.
#winteriscoming
Reply With Quote
  #685  
Old 21-10-2019, 11:46 AM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,049
Default

Lee what say you on the heavy-handedness of Spanish Riot Police wearing their three foot batons off elderly men and young women who are clearly posing no physical threat whatsoever? Indeed some of the victims of the masked plod are literally sitting down while they're being hit in the head with those sticks, being punched, and even knee-kicked into the head? Appropriate policing or inflaming a situation out of control?
Reply With Quote
  #686  
Old 22-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 27,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
Lee what say you on the heavy-handedness of Spanish Riot Police wearing their three foot batons off elderly men and young women who are clearly posing no physical threat whatsoever? Indeed some of the victims of the masked plod are literally sitting down while they're being hit in the head with those sticks, being punched, and even knee-kicked into the head? Appropriate policing or inflaming a situation out of control?

🤔
I see where you are coming from Sound. When the protesters were blocking access to the airport, which they aren't entitled to do, they were told to move on by the police and didn't. The police then had no option but to use force. I agree that a minority of them have gone overboard especially at night when they are being showered with dangerous objects.
As of now, the only person who's suffered critical injuries is a policeman, who is currently in hospital, fighting for his life having been hit by an object.
General Election on 10th of November is a chance for all Catalans to vote in a clean plebicite unlike the referendum farce. This farce was organised by separatists and the votes were also counted by them in the absence of impartial officials. Given this scenario the "yes" vote was always going to be declared the winner.
Reply With Quote
  #687  
Old 22-10-2019, 12:18 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
I see where you are coming from Sound. When the protesters were blocking access to the airport, which they aren't entitled to do, they were told to move on by the police and didn't. The police then had no option but to use force. I agree that a minority of them have gone overboard especially at night when they are being showered with dangerous objects.
As of now, the only person who's suffered critical injuries is a policeman, who is currently in hospital, fighting for his life having been hit by an object.
General Election on 10th of November is a chance for all Catalans to vote in a clean plebicite unlike the referendum farce. This farce was organised by separatists and the votes were also counted by them in the absence of impartial officials. Given this scenario the "yes" vote was always going to be declared the winner.

There were plenty of elderly people, nowhere near airports, merely standing on the street, who were battered by crowds of masked police wielding lengthy battons. Your suggestion that it was only as an effort of last resort is not supported by the video evidence circulating Lee.
But you keep on posting the spin
Reply With Quote
  #688  
Old 22-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Carmona Carmona is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
I see where you are coming from Sound. When the protesters were blocking access to the airport, which they aren't entitled to do, they were told to move on by the police and didn't. The police then had no option but to use force. I agree that a minority of them have gone overboard especially at night when they are being showered with dangerous objects.
As of now, the only person who's suffered critical injuries is a policeman, who is currently in hospital, fighting for his life having been hit by an object.
General Election on 10th of November is a chance for all Catalans to vote in a clean plebicite unlike the referendum farce. This farce was organised by separatists and the votes were also counted by them in the absence of impartial officials. Given this scenario the "yes" vote was always going to be declared the winner.
But didn't they vote already this year? And if I'm not mistaken the Independent Parties gained 29 of 48 seats (3 parties with 15, 7 and 7 seats). I could be wrong but that's how I see it. Percent of votes is over 50% too.

So, eh, what's your point?
__________________
"What business doe's a woman have threating a man"

No comment.
Reply With Quote
  #689  
Old 22-10-2019, 02:35 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 27,664
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
But didn't they vote already this year? And if I'm not mistaken the Independent Parties gained 29 of 48 seats (3 parties with 15, 7 and 7 seats). I could be wrong but that's how I see it. Percent of votes is over 50% too.

So, eh, what's your point?

🤔
Let the Catalans vote on the separatists who have made their streets unsafe to be in at night.
A proper, democratic vote shall decide. No more no less!
Reply With Quote
  #690  
Old 22-10-2019, 02:38 PM
SoundMan SoundMan is offline
Senior PROC Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,049
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post
🤔
Let the Catalans vote on the separatists who have made their streets unsafe to be in at night.
A proper, democratic vote shall decide. No more no less!
Streets are generally unsafe to be in at night in large cities when there's no police around on patrol. They're downright dangerous though when there's groups police in riot gear marauding about beating young and old without provocation.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump







PROC Gig Guide
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Fangclub
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

Thursday 26th November @ 7:30 pm



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.