tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Training Run Times - Page 1473 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > Sports Forum
User Name
Password

Old 14-10-2019, 01:10 PM

Right... the shoes.. discuss. Not so much the elite version Kipchoge wears, but the pink or yellow numbers that EVERYONE in Cork seems to be wearing at the moment. Fad or Fab ?
Old 15-10-2019, 06:31 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounding Road View Post
Right... the shoes.. discuss. Not so much the elite version Kipchoge wears, but the pink or yellow numbers that EVERYONE in Cork seems to be wearing at the moment. Fad or Fab ?
4% PR, 4%.

Do the Math(s), m8!!!

If I was stuck on 3.03 for the marathon I'd probably be wearing a pair as I type. Fortunately, I'm not so I can play the High Moral Ground game.........

No comment.
Old 15-10-2019, 10:59 AM

PR, I haven't heard anyone saying they are running 4% faster since they got the shoes but most lads do say there is more spring in them alright - and a consequent boost.

Decent spin for me early this morning - 10 miles w. 9 at MP. It was very early so the MP felt harder for the first mile or two but once I got out to mile 3 it got easier.

Gently does it now - I've only one more spin over 10 miles before the big day - 11 or 12 next Sunday. Then other than 8 on Thursday it's all threes and fours - as much to keep lacing up the shoes as anything else.

V. important to enjoy this phase and not get anxious. When you're not in a marathon cycle - or when you're just beginning one - you look longingly at your fitness and speed during these last few weeks before the race and find it hard to believe you could ever be so fit (and thin ) again. It's a real runner's dividend.
Old 21-10-2019, 11:15 PM
Senior PROC Member

Congrats yet again to Smurf.
Donning the Irish singlet next.
Old 22-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood blues View Post
Congrats yet again to Smurf.
Donning the Irish singlet next.
I'll give him a day, then you have to fill us in Blues_y.

How are things with you mate, all good?

The Dublin folk..... feet up now for a few days and avoid stepping on upturned plugs when you're going to the jacks during the night.

Is it basically just PR and the Terrier?

No comment.
Old 23-10-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona View Post
The Dublin folk..... feet up now for a few days and avoid stepping on upturned plugs when you're going to the jacks during the night.

Is it basically just PR and the Terrier?
Yeah it's just us two I think. I did my last training piece this morning - 4 w. 3 at MP. The usual cranky taper niggles but otherwise hopefully all OK. I'll do a 3-mile loosener on Saturday before heading to Dublin but that's it.

it's been a seriously long road back to marathon running but I really can't complain - ever since surgery in Feb 2018 it's been steady progress. First on rehab, then simple exercises then light jogging and so on.

The big change I've made is the core training. Sounds totally obvious but it has made a huge change on the long runs - definitely more able for them. Here's the mileage chart for the past 12 weeks

Strictly speaking, it's been a lot more than 12 weeks but apart from a few blips in week 2 I've been able to hit every single session and every target - that's a huge bonus. 540+ miles in 12 weeks is hardly Bekele-level training but the emphasis and drive over the six weeks leading in to the taper was a decent block for sure.
Old 23-10-2019, 03:27 PM

Just two of us then.. right.. Don't order my pint too soon or it will go off ! Great to see you bounce back so well from injury. You are flying into this one.

I am hitting the same level of mileage as you BT, but I've had an interesting couple of weeks leading up. Good news is, I feel fit and niggle free this week, so hopefully now the few physio sessions and rest have done the trick. No excuses available to me this time !! I am really looking forward to this one now.. the good nerves are beginning to build.

This last week or so was a case of reducing volume, but keeping up a good block of MP stuff on tuesday, a slightly shorter burst of MP on sunday and a final shorter primer today. Good confidence builders.. its slowly slowly now until sunday. Bring it on.
Old 23-10-2019, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounding Road View Post
.. its slowly slowly now until sunday. Bring it on.
The days are dragging for sure lad!
Old 23-10-2019, 05:40 PM

Fair play lads and thanks for the insights.
Old 23-10-2019, 07:09 PM

Three of the vanillas and one cola for Sunday