tempobet tipobet Instagram Profiles
Catalan independence referendum - Page 4 - Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums

Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password

Old 21-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Senior PROC Member

This royal rumble down in Spain will certainly make for an interesting Championship viewing. I hope to see Madrid and Barcelona get far in the competition. The Catalonians acted very disrespectful a few weeks back when the King visited the site of attack.
Old 21-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Silkbeard View Post
This royal rumble down in Spain will certainly make for an interesting Championship viewing. I hope to see Madrid and Barcelona get far in the competition. The Catalonians acted very disrespectful a few weeks back when the King visited the site of attack.
via Imgflip Meme Generator
Old 21-09-2017, 07:37 PM
PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tictac View Post
I loved the song "Mulder and Scully"
I lol'd
Old 21-09-2017, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseball Zebra View Post
Meme generator url fail

Old 21-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucker View Post
Meme generator url fail

Course I used Meme generator.
And that's code they provide. I could take it out if I so desired but I couldn't be bothered.
Old 21-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Senior PROC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseball Zebra View Post
Did i stand on your toes for bringing up what is an important issue to the Catalonians.
Old 30-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Senior PROC Member

Spain has Catalonia independence vote technology dismantled.

Quote:
The technology infrastructure for Catalonia's independence referendum has been dismantled, making the disputed vote "absolutely impossible", a Spanish government spokesman has said.

Enric Millo, the highest-ranking Spanish central government official in the region, said Civil Guard agents acting on a judge's order searched the headquarters of CTTI, the Catalan regional centre in charge of technology and communications on Saturday.

He said the agents disabled software designed to connect more than 2,300 polling stations and to share results, as well as applications for voting online.

He ruled out any possibility of "an effective referendum, with legal guarantees and binding in the way that the Catalan regional government has promised".

Earlier, Spain's foreign minister said the Catalan regional government's plan to hold an independence referendum was a mockery of democracy.

Alfonso Dastis told the Associated Press: "What they are pushing is not democracy. It is a mockery of democracy, a travesty of democracy."

He accused the Catalan government of trying to promote an exclusionary system which runs counter to the goals and ideals the European Union is trying to advance.

He said voter referendums cannot be equated with democracy and asserted that they are actually the "instrument of choice of dictators".

The Spanish government maintains that the referendum is unconstitutional and the country's Constitutional Court suspended the vote so it could consider the matter. Catalan officials said they planned to hold the referendum anyway.

Parents supporting the ballot across the north-eastern region arranged to occupy schools throughout the weekend so they could be used as polling stations on Sunday.

Yoga sessions, film screenings and picnics were organised at some of the 2,315 voting facilities which referendum supporters were trying to stop police shutting down.

Catalan police told them they must vacate the premises so officers could carry out orders to empty the buildings by early on Sunday. Officers were told to refrain from using violence to remove parents and students.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ed-807965.html
Old 30-09-2017, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxetten View Post
Spain has Catalonia independence vote technology dismantled.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ed-807965.html
So much for democracy.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:25 AM

All kicking off Catalonia.

Time to storm the GPO.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:32 AM

This is going to be a belter of a day on Sky News.