Password

Old 23-02-2020, 02:52 PM
PROC Member

Best Derry and Tipp beat Longford it’s job done with 2 matches left
Perfect
Old 23-02-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerman View Post
Tipp played fast direct ball into their shooters form midfield, who were constantly moving. There was no time to get the cover in place. I have already stated that 21 poiunt was a huge score to concede.when we were moving out of defence we did n ot deliver quick ball. we moved it around tipps 65 and let ttipp get the defence organised around the D.

As also mentioned cork had 4 unbelieveable misses in first 10 m ins, 1 could have been a goal and another few after HT. so in effect cork score should be like 3-18.

Once cork got on top Tipp could not cope, and Sheehans stupid black card on half way nearly cost us the win.
O Mahony i was told had u21 with club monday night?
Thanks for report Digger and also Bluesball.
Good to read the truth and not the sh one T that the Zaminer gives us.
From what you both say, it seems Tipp have upped their performance from their three previous league games.
Sheehan probably had a brain fart and thought he still in Oz? He's not normally a stupid player, in fact he's the opposite.
The trip to Longford on March 22nd should be a lap of honour if we manage to beat Derry and Louth in our own patch.?
However Cork footballers have a way of making us all look like eegits...
Old 23-02-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Tipp played fast direct ball into their shooters form midfield, who were constantly moving. There was no time to get the cover in place. I have already stated that 21 poiunt was a huge score to concede.when we were moving out of defence we did n ot deliver quick ball. we moved it around tipps 65 and let ttipp get the defence organised around the D.

As also mentioned cork had 4 unbelieveable misses in first 10 m ins, 1 could have been a goal and another few after HT. so in effect cork score should be like 3-18.

Once cork got on top Tipp could not cope, and Sheehans stupid black card on half way nearly cost us the win.
O Mahony i was told had u21 with club monday night?
Thanks for the report. That Cork recycling of the ball doesn't surprise me. The team named had a midfielder, Hartnett in the half forward and Deane in the full forward line. For me, that is overly cautious approach to adopt but it worked on this occasion.

I'm assuming Powter drifted out the field. Again, that will work against most opposition who will funnel players back but Tipp had 3 or 4 forwards last night who revelled in the space afforded to them and kicked points for fun. Powter isn't the problem really, its our lack of man markers.
Old 23-02-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shez1987 View Post
Thanks for the report. That Cork recycling of the ball doesn't surprise me. The team named had a midfielder, Hartnett in the half forward and Deane in the full forward line. For me, that is overly cautious approach to adopt but it worked on this occasion.

I'm assuming Powter drifted out the field. Again, that will work against most opposition who will funnel players back but Tipp had 3 or 4 forwards last night who revelled in the space afforded to them and kicked points for fun. Powter isn't the problem really, its our lack of man markers.
i was convinced that connolly and o mahony would be left inside and quick ball delivered. NO. and some guys cannot kick pass to make the ball stick inside and convert into scores.

it was when connolly drifted out to middle that he started knocking ball around.
Old 23-02-2020, 09:34 PM

Quote:
it was when connolly drifted out to middle that he started knocking ball around.
but presumably he then only had O'Mahony inside to pick out?

I didn't really like the team that was picked to be honest. I like the idea of two nippy corner forwards feeding off Sheehan inside, but last night it sounded like we went away from that. Connolly is always going to be more effective drifting to become a play maker, rather than one of our inside guys.

At least it sounds like management have every confidence in O'Mahony if he has already become our 'go to' inside forward?
Old 24-02-2020, 10:24 AM

Hopefully we get a win next Sunday and rest Maquire and Deane for the final two games,
Old 27-02-2020, 09:09 PM

The Cork Senior Football Team to play Derry in Round 5 of the National Football League has been announced.

1. Anthony Casey - Kiskeam
2. Tomás Clancy - Fermoy
3. Maurice Shanley - Clonakilty
4. Paul Ring - Aghabullogue
5. Liam O' Donovan - Clonakilty
6. Sean Powter - Douglas
7. Mattie Taylor - Mallow
8. Ian Maguire - St Finbarr's (Captain)
9. Killian O' Hanlon - Kilshannig
10. Ruairí Deane - Bantry Blues
11. John O' Rourke - Carbery Rangers
12. Brian Hartnett - Douglas
13. Paul Kerrigan - Nemo Rangers
14. Luke Connolly - Nemo Rangers
15. Damien Gore - Kilmacabea

16. Micheál Martin - Nemo Rangers
17. Sam Ryan - St Finbarrs
18. James Loughrey - Mallow
19. Kevin O' Donovan - Nemo Rangers
20. Sean Meehan - Kiskeam
21. Paul Walsh - Kanturk
22. Sean White - Clonakilty
23. Eoghan McSweeney - Knockagree
24. Colm O' Callaghan - Eire Óg
25. Michael Hurley - Castlehaven
26. Cathail O' Mahony - Mitchelstown
Old 27-02-2020, 10:33 PM

That team has changed now Ruairi Deane is not playing replaced by Sean White and Mark Collins is on the bench...
Old 28-02-2020, 02:04 PM
PROC Member

That’s a great half back line
Old 29-02-2020, 07:39 PM

Some conditions in Tyrone tonight