Go Back   Peoples Republic Of Cork Discussion Forums > The Langers Forum
User Name
Password
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old Today, 07:14 AM
Bandon Langer Bandon Langer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
He was a 3 cord trick man, played pentatonic minors (as well as other minors it seems) , he didn't even know the name of the scale he was using.
So? Slash can't read music and doesn't know theory either. The lads from dream theater have theory coming out their holes but get very repetitive very quickly. Same goes for the entire black metal genre
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Today, 10:41 AM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 21,300
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
I imagine your a musician from reading your posts . He started over 60 years ago . It was & would have been innovative at the time . He inspired so many up & coming guitarists . Johnny Be Goode still stands the test of time now . To say its utter shite is outrageous tbh . You might not like it but it was stuff like his that wanted me to play the guitar . He was no Hendrix , Clapton , Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan but you can be sure as fuck he would have had some influence on them . Intermediate style is a serious disservice to him .There wasn't anything like it before . It had to start somewhere , it began with the likes of him .

Well said Q!
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Today, 10:43 AM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 21,300
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post

A typical brain dead reply but one to be expected I suppose.
Now run along and find your colouring book, crayons and Spice Girls CD!
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Today, 12:12 PM
Smaug Smaug is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 13,198
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundyfield View Post
When you help create the most popular genre of music ever, you still utter shite to some shitarsed backward pig trotter named smaug

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....berry.amp.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
I imagine your a musician from reading your posts . He started over 60 years ago . It was & would have been innovative at the time . He inspired so many up & coming guitarists . Johnny Be Goode still stands the test of time now . To say its utter shite is outrageous tbh . You might not like it but it was stuff like his that wanted me to play the guitar . He was no Hendrix , Clapton , Page, Stevie Ray Vaughan but you can be sure as fuck he would have had some influence on them . Intermediate style is a serious disservice to him .There wasn't anything like it before . It had to start somewhere , it began with the likes of him .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon Langer View Post
So? Slash can't read music and doesn't know theory either. The lads from dream theater have theory coming out their holes but get very repetitive very quickly. Same goes for the entire black metal genre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

A typical brain dead reply but one to be expected I suppose.
Now run along and find your colouring book, crayons and Spice Girls CD!
So much rattlement for a child molesting pervert and music thief.



You need to go back to Big Joe Turner and Pete Johnson's in the late 30's early 40's to really see the roots of rock and roll.

Try a little Jimmy Preston



Or some Fats Domino and his 1950 releaseThe Fat Man



ChuckY invented nothing Lol. Even his guitar sound was stolen from the likes of Howlin' Wolf



Ah yes I hear you say, "but what about Johnny B. Goode"

The opening guitar riff of "Johnny B. Goode" is essentially a note-for-note copy of the opening single-note solo on Louis Jordan's "Ain't That Just Like a Woman" (1946), played by guitarist Carl Hogan.



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
...the Syrian would have a job on his hands blowing as hard as yer man there eh...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Today, 12:21 PM
Lee Bushwacker Lee Bushwacker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ireland and Europe
Posts: 21,300
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
So much rattlement for a child molesting pervert and music thief.



You need to go back to Big Joe Turner and Pete Johnson's in the late 30's early 40's to really see the roots of rock and roll.

Try a little Jimmy Preston



Or some Fats Domino and his 1950 releaseThe Fat Man



ChuckY invented nothing Lol. Even his guitar sound was stolen from the likes of Howlin' Wolf



Ah yes I hear you say, "but what about Johnny B. Goode"

The opening guitar riff of "Johnny B. Goode" is essentially a note-for-note copy of the opening single-note solo on Louis Jordan's "Ain't That Just Like a Woman" (1946), played by guitarist Carl Hogan.




The "roots" existed from way back but people like Chuck Berry were responsible for the "plant's flourishing".
Teenagers didn't "exist" as an entity back in the 1930s and 40s USA but began to assert themselves from the 1950s onwards. This in turn lead to a sustained market for Rock N Roll and later on Pop and Rock.
"Facts" can always be questioned where opinions intervene.
__________________
ABUs are a sandwich short of a picnic!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Today, 12:32 PM
Smaug Smaug is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 13,198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bushwacker View Post

The "roots" existed from way back but people like Chuck Berry were responsible for the "plant's flourishing".
Teenagers didn't "exist" as an entity back in the 1930s and 40s USA but began to assert themselves from the 1950s onwards. This in turn lead to a sustained market for Rock N Roll and later on Pop and Rock.
"Facts" can always be questioned where opinions intervene.
Lee gets schooled by Smaug lol.

Jazz is more interesting and besides there are plenty of rock & roll artists to chose from, why follow a pervert like ChuckY of M Jackson........
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by doolaly View Post
...the Syrian would have a job on his hands blowing as hard as yer man there eh...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump










All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All forum comments are the sole responsibility and property of forum users. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors disclaim all liability for content posted by users of the forum. PeoplesRepublicOfCork.com and its sponsors do not necessarily share the views expressed in this forum. Use the report post system to have comments considered for edit or deletion. All users are IP logged. Website hosted by Hostrocket USA.